2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah its been a crazy few weeks working on the fit. Barely got any sleep lol. Its nice to be on the road and traveling now.

Bags ride nice on the freeway, theres the odd giant bump every few hours but otherwise its perfectly fine. Downtown roads can get a little rattly sometimes with potholes and stuff.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:17 PM
I finally got the front and rear RS logo's . Looks real good, I would post a picture but have no idea how every time i try it doesnt let me.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Yeah its been a crazy few weeks working on the fit. Barely got any sleep lol. Its nice to be on the road and traveling now.

Bags ride nice on the freeway, theres the odd giant bump every few hours but otherwise its perfectly fine. Downtown roads can get a little rattly sometimes with potholes and stuff.
Glad to hear. I'll let you know my coilovers work. Not as fancy as airbags, but i think they will serve my wants/uses more.

Still on the fence about saturday. =/

Originally Posted by FKNFIT
I finally got the front and rear RS logo's . Looks real good, I would post a picture but have no idea how every time i try it doesnt let me.
The insert image option typically is easiest as it lets you search your "device" AKA computer for the picture.

Otherwise using a photo service like Imgur/photobucket etc would be your next best bet.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
At least you have a lip that'll cover all that! I gotta get a new front end to "hide" anything lol. Carbon fiber hood...new bumper...hmmmm

Nice! Hows the ride with the air bags?! You must've been busy the last few nights putting everything back together.

Today is the day that I finally bought my coilovers...just had to wrap my head around dropping that kind of $$$ on the car. Hope the new setup will ride better than currently and hold me off from wanting that new civic hatch for a a year or two lol.

After talking extensively with Chris over at RedShiftMotorsports we came to the conclusion that the BC-Racing coilovers would do an excellent job for my wants/needs. Also opted to have the coilovers assembled by the man himself so they will be a drop in replacement. I won't have to spring compress anything. Can't wait! Well, it'll be next week at the earliest, so gotta be patient a few more days. It'll be worth it!
Heh, I wish those were the only flaws in the car's paint. The entire front end is pretty torn up, including the hood/fenders. It gives the car character and I intend on racking up the miles on it, so I'm not bothered. I bought a car with rust & 138k miles for a reason

Let me know how the coilovers work out. I need to find a way to make the Fit more bearable. A friend of mine gets sick to her stomach riding in the Fit because of its bouncy/poor ride height, so I either need to sell the car or I need to make it more comfortable/enjoyable.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Heh, I wish those were the only flaws in the car's paint. The entire front end is pretty torn up, including the hood/fenders. It gives the car character and I intend on racking up the miles on it, so I'm not bothered. I bought a car with rust & 138k miles for a reason

Let me know how the coilovers work out. I need to find a way to make the Fit more bearable. A friend of mine gets sick to her stomach riding in the Fit because of its bouncy/poor ride height, so I either need to sell the car or I need to make it more comfortable/enjoyable.
Haha, yeah Mike it seems across several threads you and I are in the same boat/line of thought for the Fit and its longevity in our possession. I watch my GF in my peripheral view while I drive and she is flailing all over the place unless the road is perfectly smooth. Then the people in the back seat get nice jarring motions up their spines if I hit any sharp bumps.

If these coilovers do not make either of those situations better...then the fit may be on the chopping block. I have high hopes, I mean they are preload/ strut length and dampening adjustable. I gotta be able to find a happy setting with all that adjustment.

Originally Posted by FKNFIT
Nice! Great color.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, yeah Mike it seems across several threads you and I are in the same boat/line of thought for the Fit and its longevity in our possession. I watch my GF in my peripheral view while I drive and she is flailing all over the place unless the road is perfectly smooth. Then the people in the back seat get nice jarring motions up their spines if I hit any sharp bumps.

If these coilovers do not make either of those situations better...then the fit may be on the chopping block. I have high hopes, I mean they are preload/ strut length and dampening adjustable. I gotta be able to find a happy setting with all that adjustment.
Haha yeah. I was in this exact same place with my first Fit.

Sold it. Replaced with a brand new Fiesta EcoBoost.....which I then traded for my current Fit.

I am a moron

Old 03-22-2017, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Haha yeah. I was in this exact same place with my first Fit.

Sold it. Replaced with a brand new Fiesta EcoBoost.....which I then traded for my current Fit.

I am a moron
No judgement here...

Seems that (1) of my Rays lug nuts has gone AWOL...swore they were torqued right. Maybe someone needed it more than me.

The problem/question is...can I order just 1? I've emailed a few authorized rays dealers...but no replies. Not really sure I wanna go out and spend $100 on a new set...granted it is super nice that they match my wheels....but who knows...maybe with these coilovers I'll need new wheels...Maybe I just buy a generic black one and hope no one notices lol.

Raining hard right now....so get to see how well my wash and wax this weekend did. So far it seems that the bulk of the water is beading off.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I'd call local speed shops. They may have a spare laying around for some reason.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
No judgement here...

Seems that (1) of my Rays lug nuts has gone AWOL...swore they were torqued right. Maybe someone needed it more than me.

The problem/question is...can I order just 1? I've emailed a few authorized rays dealers...but no replies. Not really sure I wanna go out and spend $100 on a new set...granted it is super nice that they match my wheels....but who knows...maybe with these coilovers I'll need new wheels...Maybe I just buy a generic black one and hope no one notices lol.

Raining hard right now....so get to see how well my wash and wax this weekend did. So far it seems that the bulk of the water is beading off.
You might be able to buy just 4 somewhere but also do what Mike said, its worth a shot.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Called and emailed several socal and local shops as well as authorized ray's dealers. Most basically said "sucks to be you, gotta buy a FULL set"...but (1) shop said they could special order individual lugs direct from japan. So i'll be going that route.

Think despite the forecasted rain, I'm gonna try and clay/compound/polish/wax the fit today. Or at least most of it.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Would anyone local to northern va be interested in my 2010 Mugen Fit 5 speed manual with 55k miles for $8k? Not a penny less.

I need to get rid of this car.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Daymn that is a good price. Too bad I'm not east coast. GLWS bud.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Sold my enkei 92s and TE37s, im back on stock wheels for now.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 204FIT
Sold my enkei 92s and TE37s, im back on stock wheels for now.
Still looks good

Since I wasn't able to attend the West Coast Fit meet in Fresno...and the weather was perfect I spent the day yesterday detailing the heck out of my car. Wash, clay bar, compound, polish and wax. Made a detailed thread about headlight restore and the car detail.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...t-restore.html

Here are some snapshots.

Before with all the swirls:

After with nearly NO swirls:

End result:

Old 03-26-2017, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Cars is looking good Shinjari! Keep that red, RED!

Old 03-26-2017, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Cars is looking good Shinjari! Keep that red, RED!
Thanks bud. Yeah I'm trying to keep it as good as I can. Plan is either to give the Fit to my kid in a few years when he can drive or trade/sell it for that new civic hatch....coilovers and time will tell haha.

Did you end up going to Fresno for the meet? Wondering when/if pics will start popping up soon. I know import alliance was happening on the east coast this weekend too.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Some recent pics

Old 03-29-2017, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member

installed cusco bar

put in a 1320 extender paired up with a spoon duracon knob

added some eye candy to the garage

Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Great pics Connor. Steezo nice addition of the cusco front bar. Got an overall/engine bay pic of it? Have you noticed a difference?

My BC-Racing coilovers and camber bolts are en route! Should have in a few days. Can't wait!

Lately with the bright morning sun been considering a vinyl wrap or tint strip across the top of the windshield. Tint seems discrete, vinyl I can do myself and is a little more...obvious.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Great pics Connor. Steezo nice addition of the cusco front bar. Got an overall/engine bay pic of it? Have you noticed a difference?

My BC-Racing coilovers and camber bolts are en route! Should have in a few days. Can't wait!

Lately with the bright morning sun been considering a vinyl wrap or tint strip across the top of the windshield. Tint seems discrete, vinyl I can do myself and is a little more...obvious.
I have tint across the top of mine , really does help makes a big difference.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?