2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:25 PM
I don't know if your talking to me or not. But in 2008 I bough a new base auto GD. I hated that too lol. I knew I shouldn't have gotten another Fit but I thought since now I have a manual it would be more enjoyable. It is more enjoyable but still stupid boring to drive!

Old 02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
So did you like your GD more than the GE?
Eh.

I preferred how it looked with the J's lip/grille.

Still never enjoyed it.

I HATED my ex's auto GD. 5AT makes the car insufferable IMO.

I always thought having a second car would make dealing with the Fit easier.

It has only made it harder, as I see what a car should drive like, then spend six months with it in exile. Dealing with the penalty box every day.

That my 17 year old, 140k mile, lowered sports car doesn't have a single rattle & the Fit did from about month two is quite ridiculous.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
I don't know if your talking to me or not. But in 2008 I bough a new base auto GD. I hated that too lol. I knew I shouldn't have gotten another Fit but I thought since now I have a manual it would be more enjoyable. It is more enjoyable but still stupid boring to drive!
I do miss my EK hatch. Was noisier in the cabin than my fit but was funner to drive. Fit was closest thing to my EK though in terms of driveability. Plus I wanted something new, reliable, with AC and I didnt have to tool on every spare minute I had considering our house purchase.

Originally Posted by mike410b
Eh.

I preferred how it looked with the J's lip/grille.

Still never enjoyed it.

I HATED my ex's auto GD. 5AT makes the car insufferable IMO.

I always thought having a second car would make dealing with the Fit easier.

It has only made it harder, as I see what a car should drive like, then spend six months with it in exile. Dealing with the penalty box every day.

That my 17 year old, 140k mile, lowered sports car doesn't have a single rattle & the Fit did from about month two is quite ridiculous.
Yeah I didn't bother to drive a AT because I KNEW it would be painful. As for the comparison between your s2k and ge, that tough considering that would be like comparing a s2k and similar year civic at the time. The s2k is definitely more refined automobile. However, I do feel my 99 EK interior panels were much more substantial/solid than my GE. Could be due to weight savings and how most people don't keep cars for long these days. If $$$ frees up I'd definitely consider another EK hatch but this time put a K20 or something in it.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
finally getting my wilwood kit installed. Very excited about having 2-piece rotors.... mmmmmmm.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensenvill
finally getting my wilwood kit installed. Very excited about having 2-piece rotors.... mmmmmmm.
Which kit did you go with? I went to their website and it looks like its not just one kit available. Is it a direct swap in?

Old 02-14-2017, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Which kit did you go with? I went to their website and it looks like its not just one kit available. Is it a direct swap in?
They have quite a few kits for us and they all should be plug and play.

Wilwood Disc Brakes - Search Wilwood Brake Kits
(note if you call them they will tell you to order through summit and they will be cheaper)

I went with the 4-pot 2-piece. I wanted some bling and would have went with the 6-pot but I'm not ambitious enough to tackle a rear disk swap so I didn't want the fronts to be too blingly (and inbalanced), and also to be able to clear my winter/spare 16's.... I couldn't say no to the 2-piece rotor option.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensenvill
They have quite a few kits for us and they all should be plug and play.

Wilwood Disc Brakes - Search Wilwood Brake Kits
(note if you call them they will tell you to order through summit and they will be cheaper)

I went with the 4-pot 2-piece. I wanted some bling and would have went with the 6-pot but I'm not ambitious enough to tackle a rear disk swap so I didn't want the fronts to be too blingly (and inbalanced), and also to be able to clear my winter/spare 16's.... I couldn't say no to the 2-piece rotor option.
Thanks for the info! I noticed they have an option for just the calipers. I wouldn't be opposed to that option, I am not too fond of cross drilling in the rotors. (they don't serve any functional purpose) I would rather swap them with another pair of slotted rotors.

Again thanks!

Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah The wilwoods have a stock caliper only replacement, or the larger rotor with 4 or 6 pot option.

I made some 3d printed clearance testers (a few pages back) and based on the clearance needed I could only do the stock caliper replacement and not the bigger rotor version due to my 15" wheels. If you want, I could send you them to test your Konigs. I'm almost positive you'll clear the stock replacements.

Theres a decent thread about them on here.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-15-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
for reference, the 4-pot, 2-piece clear my 16's. anyways, should pick up the car today.

Also I have some private track time booked early april. I'll be throwing the 16's on and some fresh kdw rubber. (pretty certain the 18's would rub quite a bit on the track). I wanted to take my dedicated track car but after working on it over the weekend, the to-do list is longer than I would like.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Little package in the mail

Old 02-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
Little package in the mail
Damn it Connor. Now your fit will be ridiculously sexy.

On an unrelated note, is the Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit (for the GD3) compatible AT ALL with the GE8? I feel like the KWSC kit is better for future upgrades given that its oil system is cooled.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah The wilwoods have a stock caliper only replacement, or the larger rotor with 4 or 6 pot option.

I made some 3d printed clearance testers (a few pages back) and based on the clearance needed I could only do the stock caliper replacement and not the bigger rotor version due to my 15" wheels. If you want, I could send you them to test your Konigs. I'm almost positive you'll clear the stock replacements.

Theres a decent thread about them on here.
Thanks for the offer, the Wilwood kit is a "some day" modification I want to do, but my short list of mods (aka what my bank account will allow) is rather limited.

But in the future, if plans change, I'll hit you up to see if I can borrow your tester.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the offer, the Wilwood kit is a "some day" modification I want to do, but my short list of mods (aka what my bank account will allow) is rather limited.

But in the future, if plans change, I'll hit you up to see if I can borrow your tester.

No worries, Can totally relate to the limited available funds.

Connor...nice! gonna be sweet to see that air suspension on. =)

Old 02-16-2017, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Heres me trying to be cool:

Old 02-18-2017, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  utMhvhM.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  2.91 MB

Quick shot at the underground parking lot at Target

Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Banned
Connor, how much was that kit? Gotta plan for the future...

So remember when I broke my passenger fog? I found a cheap and worthwhile solution...

I bought ducting from Lowe's and routed it from the fog opening to my CAI. Cost me about $15, and so far I'm seeing an average 4 degree (Fahrenheit) decrease in intake air temp. The difference in throttle response feels almost like it did when I installed the CAI to begin with. I get some weird looks, but boy does it feel good. I'm planning on installing Denso IK20TT plugs within the next few weeks, along with a Dynomax Race Bullet muffler. While the resonator's getting swapped I'm gonna have the shop install Energy Suspension sway bushings I also plan to get a Progress rsb soon.

Lots in store for the Fit, she impresses me more and more with each mod...

Old 02-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Me Hollow, those wheels and wing just make you car! Looks great!

Old 02-19-2017, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member

Quick shot at the underground parking lot at Target
Great shot! Still got those mounted/installed? Can you give me a shot of how they line up with the fender? Any "poke"?

Old 02-20-2017, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Me Hollow, those wheels and wing just make you car! Looks great!
Thanks!
Great shot! Still got those mounted/installed? Can you give me a shot of how they line up with the fender? Any "poke"?
Name:  n5plvDgh.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  164.3 KB

Oh darn, I totally forgot. I will snap a pic tomorrow in the daytime. In the meantime you can sort of see from this photo. Rears are perfectly fine. Fronts poke out about 5mm. But its not really that noticeable.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
That looks great. Practically perfect. That just makes me think that when I drop my car more that I'll "poke" about 17mm, you stick out ~5mm, but I have 1" more width, so +12mm on the outside. Not sure I can hide that with camber. Think I found my deal on my coilovers, just gotta get my $$$ lined up.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?