2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
BBP is such a great color.
I agree! Very close to the Dark Amytheyst Pearl of the EK hatch I used to have.

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
The wheels are the OZ Alleggerita. 17x7 +37. Hopefully I get my suspension early enough in the day, I can put them on and give a review with pics.
Look forward to it! Let us know how the install goes. I'm tackling mine tomorrow hopefully.

Originally Posted by Frenzal
^^ Nice looking Fit!!

For any of you who replaced a cracked fog light, how did you do it? Did you have remove the bumper? Or is it possible to just remove the wheel or under bumper splash guard?
What year? My 2013 you can remove the entire fog assembly from the bumper with (1) phillips head screw. Then just remove the bulb socket and remove the plastic surround to get to the fog light assembly. Not sure how it works on the earlier GE models.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by shinjari
What year? My 2013 you can remove the entire fog assembly from the bumper with (1) phillips head screw. Then just remove the bulb socket and remove the plastic surround to get to the fog light assembly. Not sure how it works on the earlier GE models.
Same on my 09. Easy peasy, nothing more to it.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member

They fit well in the trunk at least haha.

Did they make the GE's outside the US starting in 2007? I thought GE's were only 09-14?

Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2014 (canadian Fit, same as USA 2013).

Is the screw in the front? Did not see it...

But it would make sense as it would be really stupid to have to remove the bumper just to change a bulb (in my case I need to replace the fog light due to a cracked lense).

Old 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
There is a little round cover towards the inside/middle of the car. you remove that with a flat head screw driver, then the screw is behind it.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
They fit well in the trunk at least haha.

Did they make the GE's outside the US starting in 2007? I thought GE's were only 09-14?
Those spring rates are so low!

Old 04-06-2017, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Those spring rates are so low!
5k and 3k? You think so?

It's their standard rate and thats already an improvement over my swifts which were 2.3k front and 2.1k rear? Double the current rate up front and 50% increase in the rear.

Also still an increase over the TEIN options which were 3k/2k. We will see.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about it. It's good for the street. I'm just here waiting on fedex. lol!

Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I didn't know Fit rates were that low haha

I know more about spring rates for S13/14 and IS300 than I do a car platform I've spent years driving/owning.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Please send template if possible. This sounds exactly how I would've made it. How is it attached to the car? Using the license plate hardware? Also did you put anything between the plastic and the paint/trunk area to protect the paint?

Also yeah Alpina was getting super busy at work last I heard...but that was over a month ago and he was a daily poster for a LONG time.
It is attached to the car with 3M VHB tape, on the edges. It is also secure by the license plate. I have marked out 3/4" holes to drill that will fit over the protruding bolt holes, which lets it sit flush to the trunk. The the license plate and secure with bolts.

The template is large 24" across so I will break it into 3 parts and just tape them together when ready to trace the shape onto the acrylic sheet.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
My Flex Z's came in today so, I went to work on the car. It started to rain pretty good over here. I only installed the kit and did a quick test drive. I had to help put my son to sleep. It took longer than usual because I lined up the plastic garnish that cover half the engine bay. Then it rained some more, haha! Basically pointless.
I included a pick of the rear instructions. People on Facebook thought I put the rear springs upside down. As you can see, I did not.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0905.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0906.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0907.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0910.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
^ Haven't done anything to the fit, been forever since I checked in.
^
^
^
^ And it's official. This guy is now an official OG of this forum

Last edited by 1SickVeilsideZ; 04-07-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
My Flex Z's came in today so, I went to work on the car. It started to rain pretty good over here. I only installed the kit and did a quick test drive. I had to help put my son to sleep. It took longer than usual because I lined up the plastic garnish that cover half the engine bay. Then it rained some more, haha! Basically pointless.
I included a pick of the rear instructions. People on Facebook thought I put the rear springs upside down. As you can see, I did not.
Parts look good. Awesome that the fronts are preassembled. Did you just have to reuse the top OEM bushing? Or did you still have to disassemble the OEM suspension to get the washer bearing and washer bearing nut?

As for the rear I have seen it done both ways. The way you have it, and the opposite way. I guess it just depends on the manufacturer.

I mean at least your instructions tell you. The instructions provided with the BC-racings I got just tell you how to adjust ride height. And there is a sticker that says the spring perch goes on the bottom of the spring.

Here are some pics of the coilovers. I took more, but will start a thread specific to the install and coilovers.

How long did your install take? I'd imagine it'd take about two hours for a drop in replacement. Jack rear up, support it, remove rear suspension...install rear suspension. Jack front up, support it, remove front suspension (think I have a hex long enough to not have to remove the cowl), install new suspension. Adjust to desired height.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Parts look good. Awesome that the fronts are preassembled. Did you just have to reuse the top OEM bushing? Or did you still have to disassemble the OEM suspension to get the washer bearing and washer bearing nut?

As for the rear I have seen it done both ways. The way you have it, and the opposite way. I guess it just depends on the manufacturer.

I mean at least your instructions tell you. The instructions provided with the BC-racings I got just tell you how to adjust ride height. And there is a sticker that says the spring perch goes on the bottom of the spring.

Here are some pics of the coilovers. I took more, but will start a thread specific to the install and coilovers.

How long did your install take? I'd imagine it'd take about two hours for a drop in replacement. Jack rear up, support it, remove rear suspension...install rear suspension. Jack front up, support it, remove front suspension (think I have a hex long enough to not have to remove the cowl), install new suspension. Adjust to desired height.
I had to reuse the stock mounting bushings. Tein now provides English instructions! Thats a big plus!!
I would say It took me 3 1/2 hours to do front and rear. then I double checked the height measurements and rechecked them. LOL! I recommend to take off the cowl and windshield wiper motor. Its way faster then trying to work around it. Tein also recommended not to use an impact gun when tightening the strut nuts. I went slower than normal.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
my new tails came in today

Old 04-07-2017, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
I had to reuse the stock mounting bushings. Tein now provides English instructions! Thats a big plus!!
I would say It took me 3 1/2 hours to do front and rear. then I double checked the height measurements and rechecked them. LOL! I recommend to take off the cowl and windshield wiper motor. Its way faster then trying to work around it. Tein also recommended not to use an impact gun when tightening the strut nuts. I went slower than normal.
The honda service manual doesnt mention removing the cowl so I'm gonna try. Time constraint and not wanting to possibly break clips. We will see

Originally Posted by steezo_
my new tails came in today
Get them installed!

Old 04-07-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
I was able to make a run to the post office today. The car feels like stock but stiffer. I's hard to explain. Only the Japanese companies know how to pull these delicate balances off. This is why I didn't want to go with a non Japanese company. Yes I know that the main strut is made in Taiwan but, the QC of a Japanese company is above reproach.
Needless to say, I am very happy! Now I just need a little alignment and it's good to go!

HKS drop in filter is next. And then I'll be waiting on my Cusco strut bars.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0912.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0914.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0917.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0916.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0913.jpg  

Old 04-07-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Can someone tell me how to fix these pix? I have no idea why they get attached upside down.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
HKS filter came in.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0923.jpg  
Old 04-08-2017, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Can someone tell me how to fix these pix? I have no idea why they get attached upside down.
You are better off hosting the images on a 3rd party web hosting site like Flickr or Imgur. I use Imgur and like it.

You then use the [img] tags to post the link at it will show up.

I don't recommend using the forum image hosting as its a little wonky.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?