2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
My du teamkitty is living that Chicago terrible northern road life though, I've only seen feedback on them from you folks in the fair weather states.

I don't need crazy adjust-ability or damping settings. My AP1 is low & had like 30 clicks in its soft-stiff range....that I've set to dead center all around & will never touch lol. I just want the Fit to be a bit more stable on the highway, more than anything else. The S2000 is probably 3" from the ground at the frame rails & is MAD stable.

Thanks in advance!
Despite the fair weather....most of our roads in San Diego are $#it. Only the highways/freeways are smooth lol. Figure with all the state taxes I pay and state taxes on gasoline that they would apply to our infrastructure...but nope.

As for dampening settings yeah I'm a dead middle and am liking it. I wanted the strut length adjustability to not mess with suspension travel when adjusting the height.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by steezo_
Installed the new jdm tails, jdp rear diffuser and removed rear wiper
Damn dude. Looking good. I need that diffuser...

Originally Posted by shinjari
Seems GE doesnt get much love and you'll have to go to a shop to get it lightened.

Post #162 of DE36's build he shows off his custom flywheel.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1297091
That's what I thought, unfortunately. I found this thread awhile ago, thanks for the link or else I'd have to dig around

On another note-

My f**king exhaust fell off. Twice. Lol. The metal piece that fits into the exhaust hanger just fell out. I think it's because here in Columbia, the roads are absolute trash. I ended up using the scissor jack and a tire iron to put it back in, but it's gonna need some work to make sure it doesn't fall out again lol. Luckily it never really scraped the ground so there's not much damage to my $170 muffler...

Last edited by counterFIT; 04-10-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Banned
I am going to attempt to mod the OEM radio to support a sub, and add various amps and boosts throughout. Keep a lookout

Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
I am going to attempt to mod the OEM radio to support a sub, and add various amps and boosts throughout. Keep a lookout
mod? Get an inline adapter...speaker line to RCA....boom OEM radio with amp =)

Old 04-11-2017, 12:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
mod? Get an inline adapter...speaker line to RCA....boom OEM radio with amp =)
Good idea, but...

Basically I currently have an aftermarket radio, and I like the power that it provides. However, I want the OEM look and reliability, so I want more power and a sub channel out of the OEM radio. I've talked to Jesse Kelley on Facebook who is the only one in the world AFAIK that has modded the Fit radio (he modded his GD3's radio). The results are comparable to an aftermarket H/U, which is what I'm looking for. So, while I appreciate the recommendation, I'm looking for something a little different

EDIT: After literally 30 seconds of research, I may just hybridize our ideas into something... We'll see

Last edited by counterFIT; 04-11-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Good idea, but...

Basically I currently have an aftermarket radio, and I like the power that it provides. However, I want the OEM look and reliability, so I want more power and a sub channel out of the OEM radio. I've talked to Jesse Kelley on Facebook who is the only one in the world AFAIK that has modded the Fit radio (he modded his GD3's radio). The results are comparable to an aftermarket H/U, which is what I'm looking for. So, while I appreciate the recommendation, I'm looking for something a little different

EDIT: After literally 30 seconds of research, I may just hybridize our ideas into something... We'll see
Hell that would be cool if the stock unit had RCA outputs. I do like having bluetooth though from a aftermarket stereo. Good luck and share your results

Old 04-11-2017, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Cool, thank you. How much did the arms and front brakes run you? I'm going to need to change my front brakes soon. Where do you guys buy these parts at?
Hey Mike, here’s where I got the parts. Not the cheapest options out there, but these are cheapest I could find them.

I picked up the rotors and pads at summitracing.com. Tirerack.com is also a great option. Fun fact: for more options, you can also search for brake parts for the 2007-08 Honda Fits and they’ll fit just fine.

I got the aluminum Insight arms at bernardiparts.com. This is a completely unnecessary expense as you could always just press new ball joints into your existing steel arms. I decided to splurge.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you!!

Well, I went balls deep and bought a set of Stella V J's racing tail lights. HAHA!! I guess I should get used to these price tags... Hopefully I'll have them by saturday for some on car pix.

Last edited by mikes-ge; 04-11-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member

I totally forgot I had these Option stickers.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Love how your tires/wheels line up =) looking good!

Old 04-12-2017, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Oops found the answer. disregard.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Shinjari, regarding the squeak with the wheel turning... I hope you reused your stock bearing and are not just rubbing the bushing against the body. That will definitely cause some damage to the strut and possibly other components. Its happened before and it wasnt pretty haha.

Heres some nice pics of the rear for a change!

Last edited by connor55; 04-12-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Thank you!!

Well, I went balls deep and bought a set of Stella V J's racing tail lights. HAHA!! I guess I should get used to these price tags... Hopefully I'll have them by saturday for some on car pix.
Good old legit JDM pricing. I love it.

Originally Posted by connor55

I literally can't decide which is sexier, your front or rear end...

Old 04-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Banned
The steering wheel that I will eventually buy (with Black Alcantara and Red Stitch of course): ???? GE? ?????????? ?????? FIT GE /?Buyee? "Buyee" Japan Shopping Service | Buy from Yahoo! Buy from Japan!

Old 04-12-2017, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Shinjari, regarding the squeak with the wheel turning... I hope you reused your stock bearing and are not just rubbing the bushing against the body. That will definitely cause some damage to the strut and possibly other components. Its happened before and it wasnt pretty haha.

Great pics Connor!

As for the noise its pretty much gone...or I havent heard it since I mentioned it. Also, yeah I purchased new rubber mounts and washer bearings. Not sure how you'd go about installing a shock without them. No extra pieces laying around after install was complete

Old 04-12-2017, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys!

Thats good! People have missed the bearing before and it caused a lot of issues like the strut snapping in half from being twisted lol..

Woah im OG now!!

Last edited by connor55; 04-12-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Prepping to install the cusco bars. Man heres a question for you lowered/slammed Fits...what floor jack are you all using?

I was about to pick up the Arcan one from Costco for $95. Its "low profile" and 3 tons. Its 4" at the lifting point...my side skirts are 4.5" and I wanted to lower the front just a hair...so I think the costco jack is no longer logical to get. Unless I plan on driving on some 2x4's everytime I want to jack the car up.

I looked at the harbor freight ones...but the 90 day warranty has me worried. The costco one is more or less lifetime because costco takes anything non-electronic back with a receipt forever. $85 3ton HF low profile 72lb steel 2-7/8" min height jack (con: 90 day warranty)....or $95 costco 3ton 58lb 4" min height jack w/ warranty (cant go lower without hassle of blocks). Even considered the super long 2ton at HF for $140...but same issue with warranty.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
my cheapo harbor freight is still kickin after 4 years

Old 04-12-2017, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
You have the steel or aluminum one Ryu?

Old 04-13-2017, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
I also have a harbor freight aluminum racing jack. I autocross monthly and all up and down the pits you see harbor freight jacks. All of them beaten and banged up and still working perfectly. Say what you will about HF but their jacks are built well. And it picks up at like 3.25" which is pretty dang low. but of course always use a jack stand if working under the car.

Also be sure to use the coupon they send out periodically (check their website too) so it will only cost you $59 bucks instead of $79.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?