2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
It doesn't take up as much space as you think.
For a kid/teen probably not. But for an adult who needs to tuck their feet under the seat in front of them to be "comfy", the bar is right there. No big deal...saves me $$$ lol

Old 05-04-2017, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
That bar will be awesome for breaking legs in an accident and serving zero purpose as far as vehicle rigidity goes.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
That bar will be awesome for breaking legs in an accident and serving zero purpose as far as vehicle rigidity goes.
I can totally see that....foot under the bar...snap...

What about the rear top bar for rigidity? Still just "snake oil"?

Old 05-04-2017, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Probably.

But makes ever so slightly more sense than the floor bar. Putting a brace on the floor doesn't make sense because the floor of a car is the most rigid part. A piece of tube with a thin jointed bracket isn't going to do anything to make that stronger.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Probably.

But makes ever so slightly more sense than the floor bar. Putting a brace on the floor doesn't make sense because the floor of a car is the most rigid part. A piece of tube with a thin jointed bracket isn't going to do anything to make that stronger.
I can wrap my head around that. The roof is awful flimsy.

You still driving your cursed GE8 around? Or since its sunnier you've been rocking the s2k?

Old 05-04-2017, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
I'll say it again. Japanese companies like Cusco, Beatrush, Tien, ETC... don't make parts for the sake of making parts. Unlike the US, china and where ever ultra racing is from. To add to that the fit is like a big hollow tube with 4 wheels. In my opinion, any little bit helps. And we are entitled to our opinions.
Also, you can't put your foot under the bar, only some tiny toes or floor mats.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
I'll say it again. Japanese companies like Cusco, Beatrush, Tien, ETC... don't make parts for the sake of making parts. Unlike the US, china and where ever ultra racing is from. To add to that the fit is like a big hollow tube with 4 wheels. In my opinion, any little bit helps. And we are entitled to our opinions.
Well thats good that you can't get feet under there. So its more of a foot rest?
And you're right about opinions.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
I can wrap my head around that. The roof is awful flimsy.

You still driving your cursed GE8 around? Or since its sunnier you've been rocking the s2k?
I drive the AP1 when going anywhere with passable roads, secure parking and one passenger.

Drived cursed GE8 anywhere not good enough for the AP1 lol. Driving around a local college campus with a friend of mine, poor little Fit was lost in eight potholes.

I mean, I sure hope it works.......but you have a lot more faith in companies than I do. Lots of exhausts/headers/intakes/etc., for the S2000 lose power, even high end Japanese ones. Most Japanese dampers are not as good as a damper as a quality OEM damper.

A cheap Tein coilover or spring, is not a quality part.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I miss you guys...

In February, I loss my job so I had to move out of state to get a temporary job,
and since then I am always busy working double shift working 7 days a week just so My Family and I can survive,
that is why I had to stop non essential activity (like modifying my Honda Fit),
so I won't be active here until I found a better job.

anyway, I just want to say I miss you guys,
and I hope I can found a better job soon... so I can be active again here...
until then...
Please kindly wish me luck

Old 05-05-2017, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hello everyone,
I miss you guys...

In February, I loss my job so I had to move out of state to get a temporary job,
and since then I am always busy working double shift working 7 days a week just so My Family and I can survive,
that is why I had to stop non essential activity (like modifying my Honda Fit),
so I won't be active here until I found a better job.

anyway, I just want to say I miss you guys,
and I hope I can found a better job soon... so I can be active again here...
until then...
Please kindly wish me luck
Hey Howard,

Sorry to hear you lost your job that is rough, but I hope things pick up for you.

And thanks for checking in! But please know that just because you aren't actively modifying your fit, doesn't mean you can't come on the forums and talk to us. You are friend to many and always appreciate your input and vast knowledge.

I wish you luck and please be sure to stop in on the forums, we have missed you brother!

Old 05-05-2017, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Time to play!

I put in the Bearish floor bar, hatch bar and the Cusco V2 brace. I will say I'm impressed. I'll install the rear rigid collar and the Cusco V1 brace this weekend.
the car def responds better in going in and coming out of the corners. I love it!

I have the rear Cusco sway bar and the front rigid collar coming in, hopefully next week.
Do you by any chance have an auto? I know one of the cusco bars the V1 or V2 won't fit on the auto transmissions for some reason.

Do you have a part number for the v2 by chance? Also great haul of parts, and enjoy them regardless of some of our "expert" technicians on the forum

Old 05-05-2017, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Do you by any chance have an auto? I know one of the cusco bars the V1 or V2 won't fit on the auto transmissions for some reason.

Do you have a part number for the v2 by chance? Also great haul of parts, and enjoy them regardless of some of our "expert" technicians on the forum
Excellent question about the transmission and V1 bar. As for the V2 part number its 386 477 AN.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-front...7-zf1-ze2.html

Old 05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not gonna put up an experience resume. I know what I'm doing and I've been doing it for some time. I may have chassis questions on our cars because I didn't think that there was a following for it. Now I know and I'm having fun.

Here is the part number for the V2 brace.

I mocked up the V1 and the is ever so slightest of transmission interference. I'll come up with a way to make it work.

Some dress up V2 bolts

Old 05-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
fwiw, i had a v1 and i drive an AT. The torque mount rests right on top of it. There will be creaking when the engine shifts. I had vibration problems for a while and I thought it was related to it, so i replaced the torque mount. The torque mount was still fine. The vibration problem was from my fubared axles after a strut install. So if you can live with the creaking and maybe long term problem with the torque mount, you are good.

Old 05-06-2017, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Well, had some fun!

As you can see there's minimal interference. A slight mod to bar and it fits fine.

I installed the Downstar kit and the rear rigid collars.

The car handles like a little go kart! Lol! Love it!

Old 05-06-2017, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Well, had some fun

I installed the Downstar kit and the rear rigid collars.

The car handles like a little go kart! Lol! Love it!
Collars look like they took up a lot of slop in the suspension. Thats awesome. May have to consider those in the future.

Today I got a part in that I ordered a week or two ago. Super difficult to install so Im providing an DIY.

1) open package
2) open door
3) find hinge
4) open child proof plastic packaging
5) snap into place.
6) repeat on other doors

They complement my door latch covers. For $5 it's a nice thing that makes the car seem more "complete" instead of having exposed things.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Collars look like they took up a lot of slop in the suspension. Thats awesome. May have to consider those in the future.

Today I got a part in that I ordered a week or two ago. Super difficult to install so Im providing an DIY.

1) open package
2) open door
3) find hinge
4) open child proof plastic packaging
5) snap into place.
6) repeat on other doors

They complement my door latch covers. For $5 it's a nice thing that makes the car seem more "complete" instead of having exposed things.
I have these as well. Did you know there is also a similar cover for the driver side seat belt anchor.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Bought a replacement fog light from Rock Auto without the bezel. Tried to install, but the fog light is a bit too small and one mounting hole is not at the right place. Have to return it... (but it would have fit on my 2005 Accord!)
Ordered the complete thing with the bezel from amazn. Hope this one fits!

So beware if you buy a fog light from Rock Auto as they still says that this was the one I needed!

Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I have these as well. Did you know there is also a similar cover for the driver side seat belt anchor.
Did not know this. Will have to investigate. Thanks for the heads up

Got a part number/link to make it easy for me? Lol

Last edited by shinjari; 05-07-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Banned
Hey guys,

It's been a little while since I've posted. And, the last time I posted I was talking about crazy plans for the Fit for the summer. Most of those will fall through. A lot of sh*t was going on in my head and it wasn't right. Life has a fun way of telling you that you don't have everything figured out. Anyways, there are definitely plans for the summer, but probably not to the same degree as I had thought previously. I did do a lot to the Fit a couple weeks ago (some good, some bad) and over the next few weeks I'll get to updating you all on that. I literally just started the car for the first time in 3 weeks (a record, almost), which goes to show that sh*t wasn't quite right lol. Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?