2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
i have the same cheap one as mr. hollow. its blue.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not saying its going to fail instantly as my dad still has his from 10 years ago...and a buddy has had for a few years. As an engineer...I'm quite critical and 90 day warranty doesnt really instill "confidence" lol. But the proof is in seeing MOST of them still in use. $60 isn't that bad.

Yeah too bad their 20-25% coupon doesn't apply to floor jacks. But they currently have the 1.5 ton aluminum jack on sale.

1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

35lbs sure is nice vs 58 and 72. Maybe it'll get me to start autocrossing haha. It claims a 3.5" clearance and it was the jack my buddy has when we installed my coilovers at his place and it fit just fine.

I mean the Fit is less than 3000lbs and the girlfriends car is similar in weight but that car is on its way out. Who knows what shes gonna end up with. Would hate to get the one that works for both of us now and in 6 months when she buys a new car the 14" max lift not be enough if she gets a cross over or something. Meh...I'll go pick up the HF one today or tomorrow. Thanks for talking some sense into me guys.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
if the car is to low for a jack, use some 2x4 wood pieces or something to run up on. then use any jack (typically).

Old 04-13-2017, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
if the car is to low for a jack, use some 2x4 wood pieces or something to run up on. then use any jack (typically).
Yeah I've done that before. Just an extra step. Gonna buy the HF jack as it clears with room to spare. Don't expect my car to get any lower than it currently sits. Maybe 1/2" lower up front but that's it. But I expect to go slightly larger diameter tire so it'll balance out.

Cusco bar install may have to wait...my GF's elantra needs her CV axle(s) replaced (180k miles on them). Grinding/clicking hard on the drivers side. CV boot has a tear so all the grease/lubricant has been shot out so the joint is getting dry.

Washed the Fit last night after it got bombarded by seagulls at work...it was pretty gross/ridiculous.

Driver side

Passenger side

With my cusco bars I picked up this Modulo center garnish for a friend and figured I'd "test" it out. Literally just slipped it on the area it would go on. All (4) clips underneath match up perfect and it covers most of the center section of the front bumper. Since its plastic it adds some "depth" to the look and some shininess vs my matte black plastic dip. Maybe I need to put a gloss layer on my dip to make it "pop". From a distance, its hard to even tell the difference between the garnish and dip though. Plus I think the black dip matches my red/dark theme better than the gunmetal garnish. All in all a very nice piece though.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-13-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Prepping to install the cusco bars. Man heres a question for you lowered/slammed Fits...what floor jack are you all using?

I was about to pick up the Arcan one from Costco for $95. Its "low profile" and 3 tons. Its 4" at the lifting point...my side skirts are 4.5" and I wanted to lower the front just a hair...so I think the costco jack is no longer logical to get. Unless I plan on driving on some 2x4's everytime I want to jack the car up.

I looked at the harbor freight ones...but the 90 day warranty has me worried. The costco one is more or less lifetime because costco takes anything non-electronic back with a receipt forever. $85 3ton HF low profile 72lb steel 2-7/8" min height jack (con: 90 day warranty)....or $95 costco 3ton 58lb 4" min height jack w/ warranty (cant go lower without hassle of blocks). Even considered the super long 2ton at HF for $140...but same issue with warranty.
ARCAN all day! I'm running their low lift 3 1/4 ton. Works like a dream. Given, I am so low that I had to use ramps Shinjari, real talk I'm super impressed with your progress. Keep it up, it's motivating.

On another note, I'm going to a huge meet in NC this weekend, and they have a $20 test/tune thingy. Is this even worth attempting? All I want to mess with is 2-step/rev-limiter and speed limiter. And, if possible, set it up so that when I turn the car on, traction/VSA turns off automatically (with it being able to manually turn back on, of course). Will a standard dyno tuner be able to do this? Thanks

Also, HUGE plans for the Fit this summer. Stay tuned. Literally

I mayy consider meeting halfway to meet some of you, @shinjari, @xxryu @connor55 @BMW @MrHollow @EveryoneElseThatWouldBeInterested. Let me know if there's interest! Most of y'all live in Cali, and I'm in NC so it should work out.

Last edited by counterFIT; 04-13-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
ARCAN all day! I'm running their low lift 3 1/4 ton. Works like a dream. Given, I am so low that I had to use ramps Shinjari, real talk I'm super impressed with your progress. Keep it up, it's motivating.

On another note, I'm going to a huge meet in NC this weekend, and they have a $20 test/tune thingy. Is this even worth attempting? All I want to mess with is 2-step/rev-limiter and speed limiter. And, if possible, set it up so that when I turn the car on, traction/VSA turns off automatically (with it being able to manually turn back on, of course). Will a standard dyno tuner be able to do this? Thanks

I mayy consider meeting halfway to meet some of you, @shinjari, @xxryu @connor55 @BMW @MrHollow @EveryoneElseThatWouldBeInterested. Let me know if there's interest! Most of y'all live in Cali, and I'm in NC so it should work out.

are you thinking of a Fit invades (enter in major cities name here)?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah most people in cali haha. Im probably too far for you lol. But im always down to meet any of you guys. I just went down to fresno so may not be doable for a while. I dont know where bmw is.

Speaking of meets Heres a few more pics, sure you guys are getting tired of seeing my fit by now lol.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Shinjari, real talk I'm super impressed with your progress. Keep it up, it's motivating.

Thanks bud. You have made some serious headway with your fit as well so the feeling is mutual. I think this is it for a while. Gotta schedule the windhshield tint strip...MAYBE some audio upgrades like new door speakers, under seat sub or a newer dual DIN head unit...something android friendly.

Someone is trying to convince me about JDM tails...but I think I'm gonna smoke the clear portion of the USDM tails first and see how I like that.

Connor, did you have to pull/roll your fenders at all? If so, how much and how did you go about it?

Post some pics of the meet besides your car

Old 04-13-2017, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Someone is trying to convince me about JDM tails...but I think I'm gonna smoke the clear portion of the USDM tails first and see how I like that.

Hmmmm, I wonder who that is?

Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm, I wonder who that is?
Its not always about you Mike!

Maybe I should say "a couple of people are trying to convince me about JDM tails". Just think my red car + more red tails = loss of contrast. Smoked clear lens would contrast and match the red/dark theme.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:50 PM
Banned
JDM tails were by far one of the most "worth-it" mods I've done so far. But, I understand that money is tight (I'm in college lol I feel) and I would recommend either smoking your tails or red vinyl. I feel like with the Milano Red, red tails make it pop a lot more. Expect lots and lots of pics from this weekend, I'll have my mom's DSLR.

In terms of a meet, yeah I'm thinking a "Fit Invades xxx" but I'm down for whatever. If I wasn't taking 8 credit hours and trying to make as much money as possible I'd be 100% to drive cross country. It still is a possibility. However, if it were possible to meet half way that would be better for ga$

Does anyone happen to know DiamondStarMonsters' personal contact info? I'd like to consult with him a little about the tune I'm getting Saturday.

Also, as for a free mod: I've dropped 30lbs of body weight over the past 2 months and I was wondering why my car was seeming faster

Old 04-13-2017, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Jdm RS smoked tails would be awesome on red.

Counterfit, if youre passing through western canada give me a shout haha

Old 04-13-2017, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
JDM tails were by far one of the most "worth-it" mods I've done so far. But, I understand that money is tight (I'm in college lol I feel) and I would recommend either smoking your tails or red vinyl. I feel like with the Milano Red, red tails make it pop a lot more. Expect lots and lots of pics from this weekend, I'll have my mom's DSLR.

Also, as for a free mod: I've dropped 30lbs of body weight over the past 2 months and I was wondering why my car was seeming faster
Congrats on the weight loss...I need to get on that as well.

Originally Posted by connor55
Jdm RS smoked tails would be awesome on red.

Counterfit, if youre passing through western canada give me a shout haha
Just want a slight smoke...dont want to hinder brake light output. Thats why I figure smoke the USDM clear section...its only turn signal and reverse light.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
The smoke on the rs tails is tasteful, and also oem smoke so it wont hinder anything.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Its not always about you Mike!

Maybe I should say "a couple of people are trying to convince me about JDM tails". Just think my red car + more red tails = loss of contrast. Smoked clear lens would contrast and match the red/dark theme.
If you really didn't want any more red you can buy some EV clear tails from the '14s.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Yeah most people in cali haha. Im probably too far for you lol. But im always down to meet any of you guys. I just went down to fresno so may not be doable for a while. I dont know where bmw is.

Speaking of meets Heres a few more pics, sure you guys are getting tired of seeing my fit by now lol.

Never get tired of your fit! So what's next? New wheels perhaps?

Old 04-13-2017, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
question: do we have a maintenance interval section in this forum? my Fit's at 158k now and I was wondering at what point do I need to change out the water pump and thermostat?

Old 04-14-2017, 02:39 AM
Banned
question: do we have a maintenance interval section in this forum? my Fit's at 158k now and I was wondering at what point do I need to change out the water pump and thermostat?
There is most definitely a thread for that, if I wasn't on mobile right now I'd find it for you. Just search Google and only search the fit freak site.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Pretty sure since we have timing chains that there is no prescribed interval.

I typically would replace mine when I'd do my timing belt. Guess you can check to see if the pulley/bearing is loose/noisy.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well seems silly to reply after my own comment but I installed my cusco 4-point and 2-point bars today. Took a decent drive and maybe I'm crazy but I feel that the steering is tighter/more responsive. Time will tell. Install was easy. Lift and support vehicle. Grab your 19mm socket. Breaker bar or impact the bolts you need to remove...install bar...reverse procedure. Hardest part was moving the fender liner out of the way to get to the control arm bolts. All in all took about 45 minutes tops.

I still believe these scratches on my 2-point are from it being the lowest point on the car now.

Also trying to get my coilovers leveled at the front and rear. my driveway unfortunately isnt exactly level so its been difficult. Currently front is within 1/8" of eachother, so I think thats good since the high side is the driver. The rear is within 1/4" of eachother. Think Im gonna raise the driver side a hair and lower the passenger side to meet in the middle. Can anyone share their ground to fender heights? Front is 24" and rear is 23.25" at the moment.

Alignment first thing next week. The place I wanted to go to today was booked.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?