2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Cusco gives you a bracket that lowers the resi so the bar won't hit it.
I have heard in the past that you had to purchase the bracket separately is it now just included with the bar?

Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
I am iffy on the new Si. It feels like a half measure now with the new type R available to the US. If anything I would look at the Sport/Touring Hatchback version. It may be down a few horses from the Si but its the same platform as the Type R so you know it will get a lot of support performance wise and cosmetically.

just my opinion though.
You're not wrong.

The Type R is intriguing too.

IDK why but the new Civics are starting to do it for me.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
I have heard in the past that you had to purchase the bracket separately is it now just included with the bar?
there are two versions. the usdm one comes with the bracket to lower the brake reservoir. it is not necessary and the bar will fit over the reservoir, however you will need to remove the bar if u need to change your brake fluid.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about JDM vs USDM. The bar will hit the brake resivoir if not lowered. The instructions are in Japanese only. So I think that it's definitely a myth that people say the US bar comes with this or the Jdm bar comes with that. The bar came directly from Japan and blah, blah, blah. Take it for what it is.

If anyone disagrees cool. I'm not arguing on a stupid forum over he said she said car parts.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
You're not wrong.

The Type R is intriguing too.

IDK why but the new Civics are starting to do it for me.
Agreed, liking the new gen a lot...

I am iffy on the new Si. It feels like a half measure now with the new type R available to the US. If anything I would look at the Sport/Touring Hatchback version. It may be down a few horses from the Si but its the same platform as the Type R so you know it will get a lot of support performance wise and cosmetically.

just my opinion though.
Really considering looking at a Hatchback Sport if I can find one with a 6 speed. Might be a bad idea though for my wallets sake. If I can get the payment similar to my fit payment...we might have a problem. Only complaint on the sport trim...is no Sunroof option =(

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
I don't know about JDM vs USDM. The bar will hit the brake resivoir if not lowered. The instructions are in Japanese only. So I think that it's definitely a myth that people say the US bar comes with this or the Jdm bar comes with that. The bar came directly from Japan and blah, blah, blah. Take it for what it is.

If anyone disagrees cool. I'm not arguing on a stupid forum over he said she said car parts.
Cool. I think this has been discussed previously that without the lowering bracket you will have to remove the bar to access the resi. Not sure where one would order a "usdm" cusco bar vs a "jdm" bar though. Have you noticed any improvement in handling?

As for me....I went and ordered my audio upgrades...New Kicker 2-way speakers for the front doors, some kicker subs and a kenwood mono amp. Keeping details vague for now since its really dependent if they fit where I want to or not. Amp comes in today (thanks same day amazon prime). Speakers come sometime next week since they are shipping from the east coast.

Really the audio stuff is last thing I can do to the Fit besides wrap the roof and get a shark fin antenna.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Cool. I think this has been discussed previously that without the lowering bracket you will have to remove the bar to access the resi. Not sure where one would order a "usdm" cusco bar vs a "jdm" bar though. Have you noticed any improvement in handling?

Really the audio stuff is last thing I can do to the Fit besides wrap the roof and get a shark fin antenna.
So far very slightly. I really haven't tested the car out seriously. I don't think theres a difference between a US vs JDM bar. Most likely people don't pay attention to the parts that come with the bar and throw the bracket away, LOL!

Anyways... I want to wrap my roof as well and then get the Mugen front lip. Also that Beatrush under panel should come in next week. I plan on hookin y'all up with a shit ton of pix when I install it. I think its going to be off in the front because of the USDM bumper. I'll see how it goes.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Got my new tires on. BFG G-Force Comp2 A/S 205/50r16s. So far so good. Definitely filled in wheel well more, but there is still a small gap. Yet to see if I rub while turning on rough bumps. Got around 40k ish from the stock dunlops.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Been really liking this splitter lately. Well I ordered a CTR shift knob since my aluminum spoon one got boring and the 5 speed sticker fell out : (

Old 06-04-2017, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 204FIT
Been really liking this splitter lately. Well I ordered a CTR shift knob since my aluminum spoon one got boring and the 5 speed sticker fell out : (

It looks good. Maybe add some side skirt extensions to side skirts to help balance out the look. The front is look a little more "heavy" with the flow of the car. Just a thought.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:31 PM
It looks good. Maybe add some side skirt extensions to side skirts to help balance out the look. The front is look a little more "heavy" with the flow of the car. Just a thought.
yeah i was thinking the same so i offered some guy locally on their password jdm side splitters that i used to have. So hopefully i can buy it back.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:55 AM
I tried to post a WTB for a Fog Light Set for my 09 Sport, but was blocked. Sad face. Know anyone selling them?

Old 06-08-2017, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yay!! My under panel came in!! I'll be installing it tomorrow with many pix for you guys.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned
I miss all of you-

Firstly, I apologize for a lot of the things I said awhile back, it was a rough time for me.

I have the car in my possession now, we chose to keep it instead of it going to a salvage lot. I think it was a $800 or so difference, so it was worth it to me. The only downside is that at the lot it was being kept at, they used a forklift to move it around and they lost one of my rear springs so now it'll be a pain in the a** to sell the coilovers or get another spring. If anyone wants BuddyClub N+ without one rear spring, hit me up

The Part Out is still up, check my signature.

Got a good job, starting tomorrow, and I've been steadily saving for another car. I know I was head over heels with that M3 and I said I'd buy it... Well, like I said it was a rough time for me and I was being unrealistic :/. I plan on eventually buying a 240sx hatchback for a daily and eventually doing a ca18det or sr20det swap.

Anyways, it's really sad to see the Fit sitting in my driveway in its current condition. It has more front end damage that I thought, but I still want to eventually rebuild it myself for track purposes. Then, there will be nothing holding it back from pure fun

I won't be very active in this thread anymore, at least for a long while. Thank you guys for such a fun ride, it was good getting to know everyone and their Fits. Keep up the good work and, of course, Stay Humble Stay True

Old 06-08-2017, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Got her wrapped

Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jbyron
Got her wrapped

Wow, thats a unique and good color! Might need to get one of those retro black CA plates now, like the Integra in the foreground.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Wow, thats a unique and good color! Might need to get one of those retro black CA plates now, like the Integra in the foreground.
Thanks! I was thinking the same thing, and that's my RSX actually! I just don't want to pay another 50 +40 annually

Old 06-09-2017, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by jbyron
Thanks! I was thinking the same thing, and that's my RSX actually! I just don't want to pay another 50 +40 annually
It's an RSX in N. America, but Integra out East.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
It's an RSX in N. America, but Integra out East.
Haha thx. I wasn't correcting him, I know all the overseas nomenclatures. just letting him know it's my car and was using rsx interchangeably

Old 06-09-2017, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I installed the under panel. As I figured I needed to adjust the install because of the USDM front bumper. Not too hard of an install. I did get the wrong bolt kit though. I have extra bolts so it didn't effect me.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
So I'm confused...what was the "hard" part or the part you needed to adjust? Based strictly on pics, looks like a homerun =)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?