2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Porsche Yellow Seat Belt Webbing Installed Last Night

Here are the link to the Full DIY:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...low-color.html

Now, I am really MOTIVATED to buy RECARO SR-7 ASM Limited Ruby seats asap

What is the armrest?

Old 08-28-2017, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zeniitti
What is the armrest?
It's OEM Honda Armrest but I change the stitching to YELLOW Stitching too

Well actually, initially I buy USDM Honda Armrest (accessories) came with white stitching,
then I sell it and buy JDM Honda Access Armrest for Honda She's with Red (kinda pink too) stitching,
then I still not happy so I take it to custom upholsterer just to replace the stitching with YELLOW Stitching, and now I am finally satisfied with that armrest

Old 08-28-2017, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
It's OEM Honda Armrest but I change the stitching to YELLOW Stitching too

Well actually, initially I buy USDM Honda Armrest (accessories) came with white stitching,
then I sell it and buy JDM Honda Access Armrest for Honda She's with Red (kinda pink too) stitching,
then I still not happy so I take it to custom upholsterer just to replace the stitching with YELLOW Stitching, and now I am finally satisfied with that armrest
Okey, I'm just wondering should I get chinese armrest or not. Are those decent and which model to go. OEM is quite expensive, when you can go chinese for 40 bucks or so.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Okey, I'm just wondering should I get chinese armrest or not. Are those decent and which model to go. OEM is quite expensive, when you can go chinese for 40 bucks or so.
I had the OEM and it was super stable and solid due to the internal brackets/bracing that they install to the chassis of the car.

Not 100% sure how the non-oem/china armrests install...but if I recall, they seem to just sit in the 2 pockets at the back end of the center console.

Do you drive a sport? If so, does the china kit give you the parts to cover up the hole the Sport OEM armrest you remove will leave?

Alpina, those seat belts look rad and fit the theme of your car.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM
I have the Chinese armrest and it's actually very nice. The armrest hole cover isn't supplied. I put a piece of black plastic behind the hole and its barley noticeable .

Old 08-29-2017, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by shinjari
I had the OEM and it was super stable and solid due to the internal brackets/bracing that they install to the chassis of the car.

Not 100% sure how the non-oem/china armrests install...but if I recall, they seem to just sit in the 2 pockets at the back end of the center console.

Do you drive a sport? If so, does the china kit give you the parts to cover up the hole the Sport OEM armrest you remove will leave?

Alpina, those seat belts look rad and fit the theme of your car.
In Europe, we don't have sport or RS at all. We have trend/comfort/elegance. I have comfort, which contains basicly audio at steering wheel, auto aircon, power windows etc. Not arm rest besides drivers seat.

Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay
I have the Chinese armrest and it's actually very nice. The armrest hole cover isn't supplied. I put a piece of black plastic behind the hole and its barley noticeable .
You dont happend to have pics or link or anything

Old 08-29-2017, 07:06 AM
In Europe, we don't have sport or RS at all. We have trend/comfort/elegance. I have comfort, which contains basicly audio at steering wheel, auto aircon, power windows etc. Not arm rest besides drivers seat.

You dont happend to have pics or link or anything
This is the one i have. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...311.0.0.Atl9Kj

Old 08-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Great, looks just the same that I've been looking for. Is it possible to get few pics from installed armrest? You can also PM those to me if you wish.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Here is a quick shot. I hope it helps.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-armrest.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Here is a quick shot. I hope it helps.
Looks nice. Is it firmly attached? Does it feel cheap chinese s*it or is it ok

Old 08-30-2017, 07:04 AM
It's firmly attached. It takes up the 2 holes in the back of the center console. Each one has little rubber bumps that makes it very snug. The leather lid can slide forward and has an internal magnet that keeps it closed. It can't be beat for $50.00.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:39 AM
It's firmly attached. It takes up the 2 holes in the back of the center console. Each one has little rubber bumps that makes it very snug. The leather lid can slide forward and has an internal magnet that keeps it closed. It can't be beat for $50.00.
Nice, thanks for the info

Old 08-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Wrecked my fit :(

I was leaving from being parked in front of my house on the street and i pulled out in front of this lady in a big truck. I feel so bad for the other driver. luckily no one was hurt since it was a low speed residential accident.It was my fault and i only have liability for her car. At this point it is unclear if my fit is totaled or i might be able to fix her. My poor baby RIP.

Ya that happend. I will tear into it this weekend to see is its something i can fix out of my garage. What is a certain sign i will not be able to fix her myself for under 2k? is there a similar thread with a front end tear down? thanks

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1246.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1247.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1251.jpg  
Old 08-31-2017, 03:37 AM
It sure looks bad but is it only front bumber, hood and left wing+light?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
You were only carrying liability coverage on a newish car?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Body Damage Repair

It looks as though you might have to have a little professional help in straightening out the radiator support, as the A/C condensor/radiator is bowed out. Other than that, everything else looks like a remove & replace. Good Luck, and keep us updated on the outcome!

Old 08-31-2017, 02:34 PM
I installed the OEM Honda cargo cover.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-cargocover.jpg  
Old 09-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
You were only carrying liability coverage on a newish car?
Im flattered you think its newish because its actually an 09 with 185k mi.
Turns out the frame is bent up pretty bad and where it welds to the front shock tower is cracked.

I would like to drive though college as is but the alignment is totally knickerd. and i can only imagine what would happen if i got into a frontal crash with no crash beam and a bent frame...
Still though the fit is a champ for such a light car and even after an accident it only leaks windshield wiper fluid. With my bmws with half as many miles it was a new leak every month....

Its a loss. I bought it for 4k and fixed it up a little. Tires, Valve adjustment, spray painted plastics, oil, shifter, led interior with blue foot well and door lights.All in all about $4500. if i sold it i would be lucky to get $900.

Its alright what dosent kill you makes you stronger.
I feel for the family's that went through hurricane harvey and lost it all.
Im a lucky guy.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1270.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1271.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1272.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1273.jpg  
Old 09-03-2017, 01:10 AM
The day before the crash, Lookin like a top

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_1232.jpg  
Old 09-03-2017, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a Tungsten Carbide WEDDING Ring on eBay,
not for my wife or me...
but for my JDM Hazard Light Switch Trim Ring

They are a match made in Honda Fit

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-03-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?