3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Old 08-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Looks likeif you order one now you get a free extended warranty! Plus the price starts under $15k

Old 08-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Alabaster Silver Metallic not available in Canada either (based on Honda.ca config). Very strange.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by izzyzz
Alabaster Silver Metallic not available in Canada either (based on Honda.ca config). Very strange.
I sent them a nasty tweet. 8 months I've waited for this car in that purple. Now I gotta rethink my entire choice. I may not even get a fit now.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM
First time poster here and I figured I would make an account because I'm a prospective Fit buyer going into university and am in the Canadian market.

My dealer in Airdrie contacted me and said that they would have new Fits in about a week but there are a few differences between the Canadian and US Fits that I want to outline to members here.

In Canada, there is a lower DX model which does not include power windows, no AC, no roof spoiler, no cruise control, black door handles and mirrors and no center armrest. The MSRP is lower than the US LX model so for someone in need of four wheels and an engine (a stripper model) for cheap, there's an option in Canada. No CVT option either.

The LX model comes with everything mentioned and differences to the US model include the 7' HondaLink with NO lanewatch.

EX models in Canada include the lanewatch function but DO NOT come with Smart Entry and Push Button Start but a leather steering wheel is standard. Alloy wheels and all the mentioned US EX amenities are present.

EX-L Navi comes standard with everything. There are no options except for dealer accessories. You cannot get the EX-L without Navi to save some money. Automatic Climate control, push start, you name it. If you want it loaded, you get this model. Main difference to this model is that a 6MT can be ordered with leather which means you can get everything with a stick, good for enthusiasts.

Heated side mirrors is standard across all trims where I believe only the EX-L has them in America. Cargo tie down anchors standard across all trims. DX and LX get 2, EX and EX-L get 4. They are only available in the US on EX and above. Heated front seats, standard on LX and above where they can only be had with the EX-L in the US. The Cargo Cover is standard on EX and above in Canada where it is a dealer installed accessory in the US.

Those are the main differences between the border and despite the slight increase of content in Canada, the upper trims are more expensive here than in the US. This I'm not sure of this but LX and above models have an auto emergency response system similar to OnStar. Not sure if the US folks have those. My dealer said due to supply and demand, most of them won't sell for less than MSRP. People are already ordering them and the people who do before Halloween get the extra year warranty. The EX-L Navi w/ CVT can push the price up OTD to around $25k so watch out.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:43 AM
This thing is pricey...

I have to say, the pricing is on the high side.

EX trim w/CVT is $25K OTD in Ontario which is very close to well-optioned compacts such as Mazda3, especially given the lack of discounts and high financing rates at the moment. Close enough to have me re-think my purchase.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Newflyer3
This I'm not sure of this but LX and above models have an auto emergency response system similar to OnStar.
I hope not... OnStar is Big Brother spyware.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Have any of you seen a fit at a Canadian dealer yet or heard any word?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Richmond Honda in Vancouver has had them on their website for a week or so, but I don't know if they are actually in stock:

New 2015 Honda Fit - Richmond | Richmond Honda

Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by robbes
Richmond Honda in Vancouver has had them on their website for a week or so, but I don't know if they are actually in stock:

New 2015 Honda Fit - Richmond | Richmond Honda
What appears on their site is more of a "build" model, showing the different trim levels and prices. I could not find a VIN anywhere. It appears as though what they are showing is more in anticipation of taking orders, which of course could mean they are going to be available soon in Canada.

What is most interesting is the breakdown of trim levels and the price difference between each level.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
My dealer said late Sept.

Oh why is the font size so damn small on the build site?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Wonder if they really will be at the dealers for the 19th like the press release says.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
My dealer said late Sept.

Oh why is the font size so damn small on the build site?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Future black Fit owner in Canada checking in here. FYI, my first car in college was a used '86 Honda Wagovan, the predecessor to the Fit

I have already put a deposit down for a black Ex CVT back in beginning of August. They told me that the launch date is Sept 18, but to not expect my preorder on that day. Heck, they only anticipate to get a few in, maybe one for demo at the most.

But once I do get mine, you guys will be the first to know

Old 09-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Any of you guy on canada can get the paet number for the EX-L 6MT leather shift knob?

Old 09-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Newflyer3

EX-L Navi comes standard with everything. There are no options except for dealer accessories. You cannot get the EX-L without Navi to save some money. Automatic Climate control, push start, you name it.

Heated side mirrors is standard across all trims where I believe only the EX-L has them in America.

So frustrating that Canada again gets something the US doesn't. When I bought my 2006 Civic EX (brand new), I was all excited when I saw in the manual that there were heated side mirrors. THEN I saw that those were only for Canadian cars. Feh. There are parts of Canada that are *south* of me!

Now you folks get the climate control. pout.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
have a deposit on a Red EX-L but told sometime in October i should get it.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by acter
So frustrating that Canada again gets something the US doesn't. When I bought my 2006 Civic EX (brand new), I was all excited when I saw in the manual that there were heated side mirrors. THEN I saw that those were only for Canadian cars. Feh. There are parts of Canada that are *south* of me!

Now you folks get the climate control. pout.
I had the climate control in my Accord. While it looks nice, I did not care for the ergonomics of it. The controls are spread out over multiple fancy buttons vs the knob controls that just let you do what you need to do. I don't miss it on the Fit.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xStitchx
I had the climate control in my Accord. While it looks nice, I did not care for the ergonomics of it. The controls are spread out over multiple fancy buttons vs the knob controls that just let you do what you need to do. I don't miss it on the Fit.
I agree....When my Wife was test driving for her Mazda CX-5, they had her in a model with the auto 2-zone climate control, and when she saw a lesser model (=cheaper), with just the single zone control with the basic knobs, she went with that. Sometimes simple things are better (I think LX people use that argument when passing on the EX trim level).

Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
But you can keep a specific temperature, rather than just have it blow and blow and blow, right? Plus, the remote starter works with the climate control.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by acter
But you can keep a specific temperature, rather than just have it blow and blow and blow, right? Plus, the remote starter works with the climate control.
I found that it did not work that well, especially with the heat. It was either roasting or tepid. I found myself having to constantly adjust it for comfort.

Also in a car as small as the Fit, I don't know how effective dual zones would be.

However, I can understand why people would want it. It's not horrible, but I didn't like it, and don't miss it as a feature.

Quick Reply: when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?