3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
I found that it did not work that well, especially with the heat. It was either roasting or tepid. I found myself having to constantly adjust it for comfort.

Also in a car as small as the Fit, I don't know how effective dual zones would be.

However, I can understand why people would want it. It's not horrible, but I didn't like it, and don't miss it as a feature.
Ah... see? I'm feeling better about not having it (in the car I don't have yet) already. Thanks!

Old 09-16-2014, 12:08 PM
I just called my local honda and they did not have exact dates or VIN numbers for any cars on delivery. They were still hoping for the 19th as the date when the cars would be at dealerships but I don't think this would apply to anything but the GTA. Mine has been on order since August 30th.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by lasersocks
I just called my local honda and they did not have exact dates or VIN numbers for any cars on delivery. They were still hoping for the 19th as the date when the cars would be at dealerships but I don't think this would apply to anything but the GTA. Mine has been on order since August 30th.

any car that's already been built will have a VIN (they would have access to this) as well as a 4 day ETA (although, ETA's on Fit's are not exactly accurate).

Vehicles that are on order, but have not been produced will have an Estimated build date (also a 4 day estimate).

We have several Fit's in stock/transit/on order.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Dealers in Atlantic Canada are all claiming to have them on the 19th as well. I can't wait to finally sit in one and see if I'll fit well, so I can finally put a deposit on one.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by acter
So frustrating that Canada again gets something the US doesn't. When I bought my 2006 Civic EX (brand new), I was all excited when I saw in the manual that there were heated side mirrors. THEN I saw that those were only for Canadian cars. Feh. There are parts of Canada that are *south* of me!

Now you folks get the climate control. pout.
They are just different markets. Up here in the great white north, where most people live with the snow and cold more days then not, heated mirrors and seats are almost a standard option in a lot of cars. So with the Fit EX trim, they come with heated mirrors and seats, the cargo cover, and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. But unfortunately we lose the touch button start feature. You can only have so many goodies for the EX price point, or you move up to the top of the line

Old 09-17-2014, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
A dealer in Halifax just mailed me. Apparently they got 2 today and more on the way shortly. An exl and an LX in black. The exl was sold tho.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:46 PM
OK, well I emailed my dealer to ask for specifics... I'd think that if they are showing up in Halifax they'd be showing up in the Toronto areas as well.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
OK, well I emailed my dealer to ask for specifics... I'd think that if they are showing up in Halifax they'd be showing up in the Toronto areas as well.

Moncton got one as well in NB, so they're inching your way lol

Old 09-17-2014, 01:55 PM
I just heard back:

The Fit you have pre-ordered is the EX-L Navi. Delivery can happen approx. 48 hours after we receive the car on the lot, as we have to inspect it, and get it all ready for you. We will not be able to set up delivery until the vehicle arrives. The first set of Fits to arrive are scheduled for the 19th, so we will be able to give you a more accurate date for the delivery and we will also be able to get the VIN for you.
Wouldn't they already know the VIN and the exact delivery date?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
I just heard back:

Wouldn't they already know the VIN and the exact delivery date?
All the dealers I've spoken to in the last month (6 of them) all had no clue, no information on what builds they were getting, what trims, vins or even how many. I'm really rethinking my purchase intent. I think I lost my passion for the car when I found out I couldn't have passion berry pearl and their lack of info or effort to woo me has left a sour taste in my mouth. *ponders*

Old 09-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I won't lie, this process has been weak for me as well. This is actually the first brand new car I've ever purchased (and I've owned a lot...) and every aspect of this transaction has been rushed, unorganized and opaque.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Here is the follow up to my last email:

From what we are told the drop off date for every dealership in Ontario is September 19th. The only place to have it currently is Honda Canada, and its training facilities.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by richlee
They are just different markets. Up here in the great white north, where most people live with the snow and cold more days then not, heated mirrors and seats are almost a standard option in a lot of cars. So with the Fit EX trim, they come with heated mirrors and seats, the cargo cover, and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. But unfortunately we lose the touch button start feature. You can only have so many goodies for the EX price point, or you move up to the top of the line
That is just about exactly the Fit EX that I want: add the heated mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and cargo cover; delete the push-button start and the sunroof to keep the price the same. Boo.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Was at classic honda in brampton today and the just had a black EX-L navi dropped off. Got to take a quick look at it im still not to sure on the exterior styling but the interior was quite nice. I think ill stick with my GD for now though.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Emailed Honda in Mississauga out of curiosity:

We just got one today, it is an EX-L Navi CVT in Polished Metal Metallic.

We are on the progress of setting it up as a test drive vehicle.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Here is the follow up to my last email:

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=&quot]
Woohoo!!!! Here they come
I have already driven the car down in the states. Just patiently waiting for my preorder...

Only bummer is that there is no Alabaster Silver color in Canada I really wanted one in that color!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by richlee
Woohoo!!!! Here they come
I have already driven the car down in the states. Just patiently waiting for my preorder...

Only bummer is that there is no Alabaster Silver color in Canada I really wanted one in that color!
Just finished test driving a lx cvt in hamilton. Amazing how how much power it has over my 2007 fit manual.

My exl navi cvt should be in for month end it looking like.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
I test drove one yesterday (LX 6 speed), it was the second one they had (the first they had was sold right away) and the PDI wasn't even done

I went there with my mother's Fit 2009 DX-A so I could compare them almost side by side.

The overall package is pretty much the same (ergonomics, room, dimensions, concept) and the interior design isn't really nicer than the previous one IMO (I don't dig the big screen and the stiching on the dash) but the materials seem to be of better quality, so that's fine. I didn't really like the feeling of the steering wheel though (it's size, not the road feedback), it seems to be a bit narrower than before and not as grippy as before (but the steering in our 2009 starts to peel maybe that's why they had to change the texture).

My biggest dissapointment was the new engine and 6 speed tranny.
With one more gear (and super close gears) and 13hp more, I was expecting more oopmh but in normal use (2000-4500rpm) it felt the exact same as the previous 117hp/5sp Fit, so I'm not impressed there and the fuel economy is about the same. The car is still zippy enough (it has always been) but by looking at the specs sheet, I was hoping for more. And like many said here, the 6th gear is like the 5th gear of the old one (3000rpm at 100kph) so you get some engine noise and poor fuel economy at 110kmh+, and you always need to shift one more gear without any significant pleasure or performance gain. For the peak power, I didn't go over 5500rpm and the car was brand new, so I guess that the HP are there if you push I don't have doubts, but on daily driving it's not any better than before.

Road noise is still there but a bit lower, the suspension is a bit softer (which is fine), the steering was less "go kart" but it seemed ok and on a 15 minutes run it's hard to judge. The turning radius is supposed to be better than before (finally). The seat height adjustment is a nice feature but the front seats don't go far enough backward for taller drivers, which sucks (after 3 generations they keep going with this problem and the short gearing). I sat in a Civic 2013 in the showroom after and it felt like a glove (I'm 6ft3) while the fit was really so-so. and the civic's fuel economy is better in the highway thanks to it's longer gearing. I'd buy a fit with civic seats and gearing right away.

So, although the car is "completely new", it's still quite similar with the older one with some nice improvements, but they kept some big flaws (gearing, seats comfort and position, noise) which are a deal breaker for me. I like the Toyota yaris approach better which consists of making small changes over the years to make it always batter (it's the same car since 2006), rather than making everything new while keeping some issues and even making some new issues appear.

One last thing. The stripped DX version is cheap but you can't even add AC on it, so basically everyone has to get the LX which is about 3k$ more. I think it's really a bad marketing move that they dropped to DX-A, which was quite popular and had the essentials (although electric door locks whould have been nice). Now you have to grab the LX with some features you may not want (heated seats, parking camera, that huge screen on the dash).

Last edited by broody; 09-19-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Look at the bright side: Canada is always behind the times. If the world is going to end, go to Canada, and you will get an extra 10 years to live

Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by broody
I sat in a Civic 2013 in the showroom after and it felt like a glove (I'm 6ft3) while the fit was really so-so. and the civic's fuel economy is better in the highway thanks to it's longer gearing. I'd buy a fit with civic seats and gearing right away.
I agree with all you wrote - and have the same opinions on the 6 speed, and the trim levels. I think you are wrong about fuel economy, though. 2014 Civic numbers cannot be compared to 2015 Fit numbers. All 2015 numbers are significantly lower due to the new 5-cycle testing. Likewise, the new Fit manual uses less gas than the old Fit Manual (testing difference makes it seem like it doesn't but it does).

Use fueleconomy.gov compare side-by-side to get the US numbers (similar to our new 5 cycle in Canada).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?