3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?

my dealer didn't know....

anyone?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Canadian 2015 Availability

Originally Posted by vickenp
my dealer didn't know....anyone?
As posted on another thread: "...........My Canadian operatives inform me that they won't be available till August. Makes sense cause your dealers still have 2014 models to unload. Also was informed that CANADA will get a super base DX model (no A/C), upgraded LX (supposedly with perimeter entry/push start button as standard), then the same EX's as in the US. Am moving to Canada just to get your LX version!!!!"

That operative happens to be my son (#4) who is in Vancouver, B.C. for a 6 month job assignment. Info comes from mgt. (not sales). This individual attended the San Antonio Fit reveal for the Canadian dealers (he is also employed by the largest Honda dealer in Canada).

Old 04-17-2014, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info....I'd love a sunroof leather model and manual transmission

also interested in the HRV - wonder if it will be out this year or next

Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
thanks for the info.......

Please note that the supplied information is unofficial. Expect to see pricing and final specs by July or early August. Get the e-mail of the GM(s) at your area dealership(s) and send them a note of serious interest. Am sure you will get a comforting reply and they will put you at the top of the list to contact when further info. from Honda Canada is revealed.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Is there a confirmed release date for Canada yet?

I would have thought that it would be at the same time as in the US, if not sooner, considering that they're being assembled in Mexico.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
I called Honda Canada twice. Second time I was told "in summer, watch our website".. so no date given.

So no EX-L with navi for Canada? That was the model I was after.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by mingo
I called Honda Canada twice. Second time I was told "in summer, watch our website".. so no date given.

I'm hoping to purchase the EX-L myself.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
As posted on another thread: "...........My Canadian operatives inform me that they won't be available till August. Makes sense cause your dealers still have 2014 models to unload. Also was informed that CANADA will get a super base DX model (no A/C), upgraded LX (supposedly with perimeter entry/push start button as standard), then the same EX's as in the US. Am moving to Canada just to get your LX version!!!!"

That operative happens to be my son (#4) who is in Vancouver, B.C. for a 6 month job assignment. Info comes from mgt. (not sales). This individual attended the San Antonio Fit reveal for the Canadian dealers (he is also employed by the largest Honda dealer in Canada).
I wonder how much the 2014 is gonna sell for once they start liquidating it to give room for the 2015 model.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cmchan
......wonder how much the 2014 is gonna sell for........
No need to wonder further.
Scroll on the thread "How much did you pay for your Fit?" under the 2nd Gen category and a bunch of your fellow Maple Leafs are paying near bottom prices.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-10-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Oh how i love this car and cannot wait for it!

Kind of sad we have to wait so long, cause I wanted to buy it in June/July

Old 05-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by mingo

The EX-L will include navi (same thing as Civic Touring trim), it will be fully-loaded, and it will also have a touch-screen auto climate control just like the JDM version (U.S. EX-L doesn't have it).

Here's some more details:
Honda Canada

I think dealers in Canada are able to order the 2015 Fits from now, but they just don't know when exactly the cars will arrive. There are 6 colours available, same as U.S. models but minus the alabaster silver & the plum purple. I believe Canadian EX will have heated front seats as well (not 100% sure). The rest are pretty much the same.

I'm getting mine once the first batch of 2015's arrived, I'd pick EX but for now I'm still not sure if I'd choose 6MT or the CVT.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I called a dealer earlier this week and they said that they are waiting to hear about the release day "any day now." I asked about the Fit 2014 and they are all out (Gatineau). If 2014 stocks were the reason that the 2015 has not been released yet, the 2015 should arrive very soon. I suspect it is not the only reason though - issues with the new plant are more likely to have caused delays.

Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-08-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
thanks for the info....I'd love a sunroof leather model and manual transmission

also interested in the HRV - wonder if it will be out this year or next
I asked about the HR-V on the Honda Canada Facebook page a month or two ago. I was told winter 2015.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
I really hope they put out some information soon. I'm tired of harassing them on Facebook and Twitter.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by TallguyNB
I really hope they put out some information soon. I'm tired of harassing them on Facebook and Twitter.
Well, TODAY on the Honda Canada web site, if you click on Cars and Fit for model, you get a big ad that says "Honda Fit Coming Soon..." and there is nothing about the 2014 except a link in the upper left corner that directs you to it. It also says MSRP $14,495.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
Well, TODAY on the Honda Canada web site, if you click on Cars and Fit for model, you get a big ad that says "Honda Fit Coming Soon..." and there is nothing about the 2014 except a link in the upper left corner that directs you to it. It also says MSRP $14,495.
I just went. It's updated with a build tool and all the details. But there's no passion berry pearl! I'm totally bummed out. I wonder if I can order one from Maine and drive it into NB

Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by TallguyNB
I just went. It's updated with a build tool and all the details. But there's no passion berry pearl! I'm totally bummed out. I wonder if I can order one from Maine and drive it into NB
That would be importing a vehicle. Check import rules and give Transport Canada a call if you consider it seriously. You need proper paperwork and maybe would have to pay taxes upon arrival.
Importing vehicles purchased in the United States - Transport Canada
With the exchange rate being what it is these days though ($US0.91 = $CAD1.00 today), I suspect it would end up being a bad deal.

Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 PM
It is on sale!

Pre-sales occurring now for those who don't feel they need a test drive. In Gatineau, they are supposed to get showroom and test drive vehicles next week, and start of deliveries should be in about a month.

For early buyers, an extra year of warranty for free; register at the following:
https://t.e2ma.net/message/hq44i/druuv2

Old 08-08-2014, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
I checked out the website, pretty cool that the EX-L has auto climate control! This is news to me, does the US version have auto climate control?

I also got an email from Honda indicating a free 6yr/100k warranty will be included for the first couple of months, based on quality issues perhaps?

I'd love to check out an EX-L (CVT and MT), likely september at this point?

Old 08-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by k-man
I also got an email from Honda indicating a free 6yr/100k warranty will be included for the first couple of months, based on quality issues perhaps?

I'd love to check out an EX-L (CVT and MT), likely september at this point?
Delays may have given impression of quality issues, so extra free year of warranty may be to counter that and get people buying. The dealer I spoke with said he has several pre-sold though, so selling does not seem to be an issue.

In Gatineau (Ottawa area), they're supposed to have them for a test drive next week. Deliveries to buyers in September, from what they told me.

Quick Reply: when is the canadian release date of the 2015 fit?