Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K20 Fit How To Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Drunkinchef
New to the forum, just had a few questions for the K20 guys. I've done some snooping through fitfreak and k20a.org and I can't figure out why is it that hasport is the only rout we have for a legit k20 harness? Has anyone used the hybridracing harness and had everything work, CORRECT?

I know there are a lot more advanced electronics, immobilizers etc with the new ecu's. But at one point (early 90's) it seemed more people were geared towards the d.i.y. rather than have companies do all the work. Call me old fashioned or just OLD lol.
It will probably be something a company will offer in years to come but right now there isn't enough demand for it, plus there is a lot more to the wiring of a k swap fit then other chasis cars. The fit has one engine bay harness, where as a k car has an engine and charge harness, so you have to intagrade the three, and there are two ways of doing it, one without drive by wire system and with, its not as simple as using an adaptor harness like one from hybrid, it can be used, but three times the wiring is involved hench why most ppl have them custom made.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
i just spent the last 2 days readin thru the thread on and off. very interesting information learned alot. well anyways i found a complete k20a3 swap for 700.00 bucks im really leaning towards it. im not lookin to have a monster. i have a family so im not the racer type anymore just lookin into a lil more power. what yall think. anywhere i can get an exact price list for the mounts kpro harness etc.

Last edited by fitinorl; 11-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
I have an 07 Fit Sport M/T. And Today I just purchased a K20A2 Complete Changeover swap.

What do I need? Obviously the Hasport Mount Brackets.
What mounts? I have most of the Stock RSX TYPE S mounts.

I know that Jackson Racing is developing the Custom Header for Fitment in the Fit.

I Have the A2 ECU, a Key, and the Cluster from the A2.

I am assuming Hondata is necessary for some reason, can someone elaborate how and why?
i know this is an old post so my apoligies but i am newer to all this stuff so you mad have to break it down a little more then usual but i had a couple questions
did you complete the swap?
hows it run?
how expensive was the complete swap?
how hard is it to do a couplete swap?
was it worth it?
and just in case i don't see this thread again can you pm me? thanks bud

Old 11-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone used the Has Sport GD mounts on a GE8??. I have everything to get started on my swap.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PR_FIT
Anyone used the Has Sport GD mounts on a GE8??. I have everything to get started on my swap.
So where is everyone getting there k engine and trans from?

Hybrid racing ?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Old 06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
an odd question that i can't seem to find an answer to anywhere:

what are the physical dimensions of the k20/k24 long block? (height from oil pan to top of heads, width from pulley to beginning of trans)

or any leads are appreciated!

Old 06-07-2015, 04:51 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
K24a2 is 25.5" tall and 20" long
k20a2 is 24.75" tall and 20" long

These measurements are on a bare block from machined trans side to chain cover.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
K24a2 is 25.5" tall and 20" long
k20a2 is 24.75" tall and 20" long

These measurements are on a bare block from machined trans side to chain cover.
thank you sir!

i was amazing how difficult it was to find that out...

Old 06-07-2015, 12:24 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
It's funny in my old spoon catalog it has an exact break down of the dimensions of the k, b, and f, however I cant find that book.

K20a.org had those measurements hidden.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
irritates me... why have information hidden? isn't that what forums are for?

meh whatever... i'm trying to see if a k20 would fit into a factory five 818 instead of the ej20/25...

the motor itself is a good deal longer, so unless the axles are farther forward in the trans it's a no-go...

Old 06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I thought the idea behind the 818 was to keep a really low center of gravity for and ideal balance hence the boxster engine?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
yeah it is... i was just exploring more exciting ways to do n/a power...

Old 06-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Been following the forums on and off again for quite sometime. Been going back and forth between turbo or k swap. Just wondering is there a solution for the piggyback of the FIT ECU and the K ECU now that Flashpro is available?

Old 06-17-2015, 09:34 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I have actually been curious of this as well. Can one swap a k in and just run flashpro to tune it rather than using a k ecu?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:30 PM
I know you have to use the k series ecu regardless. I also know you need to run the fit ecu if your running the stock dash/gauges. So one ecu to run engine management and one to run stock gauges. Now that flash pro is out i wonder if both is needed for the swap?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
I have been doing some research into this swap recently and have been wondering if it would be just as much hassle to use an entire EP3 (if using K20A2 for example) vehicle loom as it would to try and modify one harness into another.

I am intending to buy a complete EP3 to do this swap, integrating as much of the donor as possible. If a whole new wiring system (from the EP) was run through the car, would it not be almost simpler in some ways? Run the EP loom throughout, with, for example, the GD3 light pigtails spliced into it.

My GD3 is a sunroof model, so I expect I may have to run a couple of small separate circuits parallel to the EP harness; but I feel that as I am in no rush to complete the project, modifying the donor looms to work in the GD chassis would be best. Of course, doing this, I would want to run the donor ignition system, instrument cluster and locks - which wouldn't be a bad thing, as my door locks are shot! Keyless entry would be a big improvement

Old 09-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Counteract
I have been doing some research into this swap recently and have been wondering if it would be just as much hassle to use an entire EP3 (if using K20A2 for example) vehicle loom as it would to try and modify one harness into another.

I am intending to buy a complete EP3 to do this swap, integrating as much of the donor as possible. If a whole new wiring system (from the EP) was run through the car, would it not be almost simpler in some ways? Run the EP loom throughout, with, for example, the GD3 light pigtails spliced into it.

My GD3 is a sunroof model, so I expect I may have to run a couple of small separate circuits parallel to the EP harness; but I feel that as I am in no rush to complete the project, modifying the donor looms to work in the GD chassis would be best. Of course, doing this, I would want to run the donor ignition system, instrument cluster and locks - which wouldn't be a bad thing, as my door locks are shot! Keyless entry would be a big improvement
you are going to get a CTR to swap into a fit? if not the base EP3 is a k20A3.. the least attractive K-series.

would be better off getting a tsx or rsx-s

Old 09-10-2015, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
you are going to get a CTR to swap into a fit? if not the base EP3 is a k20A3.. the least attractive K-series.

would be better off getting a tsx or rsx-s
I'm from the UK, so we get the K20A2 equipped EP3. Finding one with a damaged shell is going to be my best option, as long as all the running gear is intact.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Ktunner ftw... Ma boy already told me he has it for sale $499... Wooooorrrdd

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K20 Fit How To Discussion