Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K20 Fit How To Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
After reading this entire thread... all I have to say is wow. Seriously, with such a plot it could be a fantastic book. Congrats on... well... everything.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by quangalang
that's really good, i knew it wasn't much more. people with older civics that are swapping to B series are also adding weight but no one really complains about that. so to all the people crying over the extra weight of the k20, it's really not that much more, sure 100lbs over the front wheels can affect the handling of the car but it can't really be super bad. just think of it this way, you're driving around with a 100 pound kid under your hood but he's giving you twice the power and then some.
If I wanted to add 100 lbs somewhere on the car it would be right over my drive wheels anyways. Think about it... counteracting traction issues anyways.

Has anyone thought about the other modifications needed with a k20, like a stiffer suspension etc...? I think this is an amazing thread. I love reading up on this stuff. Ripping the car off it's axles scares me. This car was built for a 1.5 liter... and now we're playing in WRX territory? Maybe I'm being conservative but I'd like to hear what you're thoughts are on the need for further upgrades after doubling the muscle of the engine.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
dont see how you will rip axels off car lol, i had a 450whp eg hatch, minor suspension work.... handled great and going from a, d15 to a b18c1 then adding all turbo stuff im positive i added 100+ lbs and still handled nice. so dont think double power in a fit is much of a issue, and i never ripped a axel out ;P

Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
200 HP h22 in eg broke axles every other month. Driveshaft shop stage 2. It's the angle of the shafts. The engine isn't meant for the car but we'll do it anyways no matter the driveshaft angles. Engineers configure the angles before manufacturering.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:36 PM
the fit project was so cool right from the start. im a newbee here, just wana ask "gettinafit" how did you do the ecu split between the k20 and the fit ecu? can share the pinouts? well, i got a jdm k20a (cable type)here from a yard, i wanna drop it to my fit like what you did.

i hope we can work it out to. tanx in advance.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jogzu
the fit project was so cool right from the start. im a newbee here, just wana ask "gettinafit" how did you do the ecu split between the k20 and the fit ecu? can share the pinouts? well, i got a jdm k20a (cable type)here from a yard, i wanna drop it to my fit like what you did.

i hope we can work it out to. tanx in advance.
this is an article that will answer all your questions, anyone looking at doing a k swap fit should read this first
2007 Honda Fit - K20 Install - Sport Compact Car Magazine

Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 AM
@breadman, tanx a lot for the info, i'll check it out.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 AM
well, i've read the article from sports compact, but the wiring pinouts was not mentioned, what's in there is the hondata/hasport jumper harness. i just simply want to do what gettinafit did in his fit. like the photos shown in earlier pages..

Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
well, i've read the article from sports compact, but the wiring pinouts was not mentioned, what's in there is the hondata/hasport jumper harness. i just simply want to do what gettinafit did in his fit. like the photos shown in earlier pages..
this is from the article, this is the way that gettinafit did his, if you read the wiring section there are two options, here is the one you want from the article

To keep it simple, a K-Pro, an E plug to add some inputs and outputs that aren't in the stock engine harness plugs, and a rack of gauges is all that's required, just as we've seen in previous K24 swaps. You will need a speedo, engine temp, check engine indicator, tach and fuel level, at a minimum. For about $750, Racepak's 250-DS-UDXSR street dash has all the above, plus oil temp and pressure, high beam, odometer, brake and turn signals.

Going this route means a lot of re-wiring. Hondata has K-Series swap wiring listed on www.hondata.com/images/k20awiring.gif. The Fit factory service manual is needed to build a subharness that integrates with the cabin harness. The harness needs a starter signal, then power for the main relay, fuel pump relay, O2 sensor relay and ECU. With a dash like the Racepak, a lot of the connections are available from the ECU. Just add the missing sensors. Lots to do, but possible

and here is the wiring diagram from the link in the middle of the paragraph

Old 09-14-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
i payed 1,500 to hasport for kpro to be add to rsx ecu, stock fit ecu reflashed and to build harness, either direction you go your gona have to get a 2002-2004 rsx type s ecu and 2002-2004 rsx engine and charge harness, kpro cost on average 1,000, so for 500 i got reflash and custom harness built, that is very good price for the work involved!! if your not very good with wiring i would sugest to call them

Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 PM
well, the hasport harness might be the best deal, but i have to inquire about the shipping because i am not from the u.s.,(sorry i forgot to tel im from the philippines.)..

anyway here is the pic i am talking about, if could only do the same thing and saving that $1500...

Name:  utf-8bcDkyMzAyNzh5czEuanBn.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  39.3 KB

Old 09-24-2011, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
well, the hasport harness might be the best deal, but i have to inquire about the shipping because i am not from the u.s.,(sorry i forgot to tel im from the philippines.)..

anyway here is the pic i am talking about, if could only do the same thing and saving that $1500...

what is pictured above you use the wiring diagram i posted up, and your not gona save 1,500 by doing this cuz you still have to buy kpro to make the swap work and that sell for 1,000 on average from all vendors, but by doing this you would still need to figure out what your gona do about your gauge cluster not working, your stock gauges will not work with this wiring, and you would need a pedal assembly from a rsx to work with the cable throttle body cuz you stock dbw pedals will not work anymore, so really you might end up spending 2,000+ in parts just so you can make everything work with this wiring you want to do yourself, ive done over 5 k swaps in 5 different types of chasises, and have lots of vouches from other forums. the best advice is to look at all your options before decideing which route you want to go, i can help you threw most all tech questions with k swaps, but the one thing i see the most is people decide to go one route without knowing what is envolved to make everything else work properly then have to spend more then what they wanted or budgeted.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Can anyone point me in the right direction to any people doing K20 swap in Southern California area? Anyone local or even a local shop. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah does anyone sell a k20 complete swap kit or does a list exist?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 AM
im learning a lot from this, so by doing what is in the pic, still the guage wont work. so what is that for?will it work with the a/c instead? can i atleast have the k-pro and not the hasport conversion harness?Tanx a lot breadman...

Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
im learning a lot from this, so by doing what is in the pic, still the guage wont work. so what is that for?will it work with the a/c instead? can i atleast have the k-pro and not the hasport conversion harness?Tanx a lot breadman...

U can build ur own harness but the work and time it takes to do that......$1500 for Hasport harness is worth it......
But if u have a automatic chassis then the Hasport harness wont work

Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 PM
This thread blew my mind. Major props!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Love this thread! Can't wait to do this to my Fit

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
damn i thought this thread was dead...

Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
K powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
K powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
hey JCrimson, just emailed ya about some questions i have about a Kswap

Quick Reply: K20 Fit How To Discussion