Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
FIT Product Manufacturer
Our exhausts are currently pending production, and the majority of R&D has been completed. (Please note, these pictures are of a Japanese Fit)

Medalion Touring for Fit

Medalion Concept G For Fit

Our final USDM production pieces accomodate for the longer rear bumpers, as well as Fit Sport rear bumpers.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
FIT Product Manufacturer
Our exhausts are currently pending production, and the majority of R&D has been completed. (Please note, these pictures are of a Japanese Fit)

Medalion Touring for Fit

Medalion Concept G For Fit

Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Twin Loop Muffler

I had seen a thread were someone was asking about twim loop mufflers. I just got done installing one on my A/T FIT SPORT USDM. I was looking for something quiet and smooth so no N1's. I also like the theory of it. First pass - gasses heat the muffler and second pass - accelerates the gasses out due to the preheating. After doing some research I discovered this style beats out the N1 for horsepower on bigger engines. so I bought this muffler on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...QQcmdZViewItem and bought a pipe adaptor at Pep Boys then hit it with a torch.

The result is much quieter at low rpms and louder at higher rpms then the stock muffler. Pulls much harder even at low rpms. The sound is smoother and deeper then stock but not annoying. This muffler is built well and does have steel fiber inside.

I also found a Netami with a 2 inch inlet on ebay that was much higher quality and had a higher price of 140.00 with shipping but I'm cheap and now I am cheap and happy....

Here are a few photos:
http://www.lavikka.com/temp/4.jpg
http://www.lavikka.com/temp/5.jpg

Last edited by Happyaz; 07-11-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
i'm thinking of getting one of these too but not too sure of the performance.just waiting for someone to try it first.you said it pull harder in low rpms so how does it pull for the mid to high rpms?are there any difference in performance for 2" and 2.5" inlet?i'm gonna get a custom cat w/o resonator and max i'm getting is a 2" (50mm) which is best for the FIT.most tuner use 50mm but spoon sports using 52mm close to 53mm.i just want a matching inlet w/the catback and it might perfom better too.does anyone know these tuning issue?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Master FitFreaker
riceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 07-12-2006, 02:04 AM
It pulls really well up to 5500 rpm. Haven't had it past that yet. The sound is just so nice. The stock muffler was sort of choppy at 4500 and higher. This is smoother. Not sure if I would run anything without a resinator though. I come from building and tuning old minis and they take a 2-3 hp performance hit with the resinator removed with a 1330 engine.

I imagine the 2 inch would be the best fit and give the quietest sound but if you unwrap a twin loop then you have 12 inches more exhaust so going bigger wouldn't hurt it in this case but a 2.5 inch N1 greddy would loose some power from being too big. Food for thought.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Theres already a twin loop axel back exhaust for the fit in japan.
I have one on order. Its stainless, and 2" inlet.

Isn't 2.5" to big for our fits?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Now that is nice. Where are you ordering it from? That looks like a real Mugen.

As I said If you unwrap a twin loop then you have 12 inches more exhaust so going bigger wouldn't hurt it in this case but a 2.5 inch straight muffler would be too big.

My muffler would also be too big if I was running 2.25 inch headers down pipe but I'm not and don't plan to since this exhaust system is nicely designed.

The way you can tell if anything is too big is just listen to the exhaust at idle by the tail pipe. If you hear slight hickuping that sould like exhaust is being sucked in every couple seconds then it's too big and your exhuast valves are loosing back pressure. This will eventually burn the valve seats.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
riceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
In my opinion it is a shinny muffler with more shinny tube to see! That is why people are referring to it as RICE! And the main reason it is not a purposeful muffler, it is cutting off exhaust flow!!! Making it go in circles!!! Stupid!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Cheap????

Under $40 bucks - what's it made of - chromed cardboard?

Old 07-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jonniedee
Under $40 bucks - what's it made of - chromed cardboard?
Actually polished stainless the way it should be made. This is pretty much a standard whole sale price for most mufflers and N1's are even cheaper. Bottom line: If you can't weld then you get to pay 200% markup for a catbacK!.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
there are peoplr on both sides having a good point here. But then I have to say:spend your money on whatever you think is right!! To me the whole loop thing do not make sense to me, but I am no engineer. what I dont fall for, is to go with the big names and buy for 500-600 for a muffer. You can use their expertise to buy or build your own systems. do research, and then go with whatever you like, and be happy!!!!! I learn alot by entering forums like this one, but never took anything for granted.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
How can you guys missed this.

T1R 50S Sport exhaust system

Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy101
Theres already a twin loop axel back exhaust for the fit in japan.
I have one on order. Its stainless, and 2" inlet.

Isn't 2.5" to big for our fits?
do you have a link to this coz i would like to get one myself. also how much does it cost you

Old 08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
How can you guys missed this.

T1R 50S Sport exhaust system
got a sound clip of this exhaust.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:11 AM
anyone in this forum use xforce downpipe on their face lifted jazz/fit? do you have any problem with the engine light? if so how do you fix it?

Ed

Old 08-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by edy_l
anyone in this forum use xforce downpipe on their face lifted jazz/fit? do you have any problem with the engine light? if so how do you fix it?

Ed
I think most downpipe's, or cat pipe's, or whatever everybody else calls them normally come with a O2 simulator, which would take care of that.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Bugen Power axel back exhaust coming soon!

Mugen Power? NoT! its a replica.

made in japan
stainless,
double wall tip.
<93 db.

-no further info at this time.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM

http://www.lavikka.com/temp/5.jpg

Is that an M-coupe I spy in the background, man if I had the money I would totally buy one of those. Its the world's fastest shoe.

Quick Reply: Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread