Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Thanks Chikubi!! That's awesome. Unfortunately, i dont' think i'll be willing to spend that much money on a exhaust system JUST yet. I might hang on for a bit and then go for it. Thanks so much!!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 PM
why not just get that mugen dual center exhaust?

Old 12-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by firstshadow
why not just get that mugen dual center exhaust?
I think you need to change the rear bumper in order for it to fit correctly.

plus it's $$$$

Old 12-13-2006, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
will those noblesse be compatible for automatics or will it have the same problem as some people state with the HFP one?
or at least a way to get the muffler tips alone?

Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
I want somethign with a LOW DEEP growl. Yeah, i know it's a 4 banger so it won't sound like a V8 unfortunately, but hey, i'll do what ever i can to prevent the "lawn-mower" exhaust sound.
From experience with my car and other local guys with Honda Fit's:

Quitest(Mild) to Loudest(Angry!):

1) Fujitsubo Wagolis AxleBack
2) Fujitsubo Power Getter CatBack (what I use)
3) T1R CatBack
4) Skunk2 CatBack

The only way you'll truly sound like a V8 is to get a V8. A 4 cylinder Honda with exhaust will always sound a little like a lawn mower, thats just the way it is, but the 4 exhausts mentioned above sound very good from idle all the way to redline.

Last edited by Wave; 12-13-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by milano sol
Spoon N1 sounds mean. i have it with the B Pipe. best sound ive ever heard coming out of a 1.5L I4
I agree with that 100%. It's sounds really beefy! kinda expensive though... talk to Ben. He hooked me up.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
I dont think that my taffeta sond like a lawn mower at all!!!! (maybe a little)
I have no muffler, just a custom pipe.

Check the video below and give me your opinion

Old 12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
Nope, i'm VERY glad you are bign honest. I really apreciate it. What do you suggest? I want somethign with a LOW DEEP growl. Yeah, i know it's a 4 banger so it won't sound like a V8 unfortunately, but hey, i'll do what ever i can to prevent the "lawn-mower" exhaust sound.
I didn't like the tin can sound either, so on my 2000 pontiac grand am (current car while waiting for my Fit to arrive), I had a flowmaster exhaust put on, and it sounded nice and deep without being loud and obnoxious...lots of options for tips as well.

Last edited by BigBadMadMan; 12-13-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
I didn't like the tin can sound either, so on my 2000 pontiac grand am (current car while waiting for my Fit to arrive), I had a flowmaster exhaust put on, and it sounded nice and deep without being loud and obnoxious...lots of options for tips as well.

Yeah, i've got Flowmaster 40 series on my 4Runner and it's SUPER loud. I really like it, the only problem is that i'm not sure i can fit a really loud deep muffer form flowmaster in teh Fit.

Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Great sound

I ended up buying this exhaust from Dogsrule since his wife did not like the drone at 2000-3000 rpm.

This was the best purchase in terms of price and value that I think I've made on the car so far.

Here are pics of my car with the exhaust installed.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
@t-bone
How about a sound clip of the exhaust in the car? I was looking into an exhaust that wasnt to loud, I was leaning towards one of those Mugen style twin loop mufflers

Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i liked the HondaFP exhaust...just there is one that is better looking out there for my taste...i really wanted to get the J's racing one (axle back) , but since its Christmas i am on a budget and i really wanted to get rid of the stock one, so i went with the burnt tip fom Aspec...just ordered it, besides sound of the Aspec is good for me...i used to have rotaries with street ported motors and exhaust that asked "wheres the cat?" so i KNOW what loud is cant wait for the for mine

Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paulo107
i used to have rotaries with street ported motors and exhaust that asked "wheres the cat?" so i KNOW what loud is cant wait for the for mine
Me to, had an RX2(key word HAD )! Cant really compare Rotary loudness to Honda's... heehee...
My cousin had a 12A Bridge w/open exhaust in his Rx2 Just love how they lobe when tuned right

Old 12-20-2006, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
I agree, there probably are alot of better looking ones for some people.

But for the price and sound I could not pass up this sale.

Originally Posted by Paulo107
i liked the HondaFP exhaust...just there is one that is better looking out there for my taste...i really wanted to get the J's racing one (axle back) , but since its Christmas i am on a budget and i really wanted to get rid of the stock one, so i went with the burnt tip fom Aspec...just ordered it, besides sound of the Aspec is good for me...i used to have rotaries with street ported motors and exhaust that asked "wheres the cat?" so i KNOW what loud is cant wait for the for mine

Old 12-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Looking for advice on exhaust.

So Im finally in the market for exhaust, but I just can not decide.....Im really leaning towards the Spoon or either the Greddy EvoII. But any positive/negative feedback would be appreciated, or even if someone has any other suggestions I will be game for that too. And has far my price range is concerned I want to stay around the price of the Spoon N1 axleback.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:36 PM
judging from your setup, you know you will get the spoon it has a nice deep tone btw

Old 12-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
If you want a FULL exhaust do not get Spoon. I suggest a mix and match. If you want it lower toned get a axle-back thats somewhat big. The EvoII would be a good choice. The canister is big enough to keep the tone low.

The Spoon N1 with the B pipe isnt quiet. The canister is too small. Maybe the Spoon street silencer, although its NOT cheap.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
2 Inch B Pipe?

Well... My question is kind of complicated... And no way will this ever become a sticky because it's a very unique set of circumstances...

I will be buying my Fit in 1-2 Months. Instead of going with the Sport, i'm just going to save 2,000 bucks and spend it on the Seibon Wide Body Kit.

Now this is where the problem starts. First off, I am going to take advantage of their Dual outlets for exhausts (molded into the bumper). So what i want to do is take away the Muffler section and just have a muffler shop custom fabricate some pipes that start where the B-Pipe finishes, and just twist and turn to go out those exits/tips.

Brain Exploded Yet?

Second, I know taking away the muffler will make this little Fit loud as hell! So what i'd like to do is figure out a way to take off the B-Pipe and put in either a second resonator, or a Small muffler that can be welded on.

Not Done Yet!

Third, While i am down there i am going to have them custom make a new B-Pipe. The stock size is... I believe... 1.8 Inches. What i'd like to do is make it 2 Inches. Will the stock resonator be okay with the extra .2 Inches?

Phew... Well i'm Done... Would like your opinions or tips on how this should be done.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think the K20 is going to like the 2" exhaust. You might just want to get at least a 2.5" exhaust piping.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
that noblesse exhaust is beautiful! i love the dual exit exit BTW so your not alone.

Quick Reply: Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread