Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KTuner ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by rigwig
So I think I'm going to pull the triger on this and go with vit for an e tune. Any specific dealer anyone recomends to purchase the actual ktuner from?
I was going to say just buy it from Vit himself, but it turns out Vit doesn't sell them for some weird reason. Or at least that's what his website says.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by DWils
I was going to say just buy it from Vit himself, but it turns out Vit doesn't sell them for some weird reason. Or at least that's what his website says.
Yeah, I recall seeing it avaliable on his site last week but I didn't see it last night. Maybe I'll shoot out an email and see. Would rather support him.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I recall seeing it avaliable on his site last week but I didn't see it last night. Maybe I'll shoot out an email and see. Would rather support him.
I purchased my Ktuner from Vit, and had my E-Tune done by turbogixxer (highly recommended).

Old 10-11-2015, 03:08 PM
So my unit showed up in the mail yesterday. Now I just have to get some $$ together for a tune.
These are probably some noob questions but here it goes:
1. Should I switch over to a higher octane fuel? I've been running regular (~87) so far but have no problem bumping that up.
2. Would it be worth while to swap to 1 step colder plugs for any reason?

Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
So my unit showed up in the mail yesterday. Now I just have to get some $$ together for a tune.
These are probably some noob questions but here it goes:
1. Should I switch over to a higher octane fuel? I've been running regular (~87) so far but have no problem bumping that up.
2. Would it be worth while to swap to 1 step colder plugs for any reason?
Yes, put premium in before you get tuning.

No need for 1 step colder unless you are boosted or are on the bottle.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:53 PM
So I ran into this error today when trying to flash the ecu. Up until today it was working fine. In the middle of tuning with vit at the moment and I'm unable to flash anything new.
Name:  I3Jittv.png
Views: 152
Size:  538.7 KB

I have already emailed ktuner about this, just wondering if anyone else ran into this

Old 10-14-2015, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
So I ran into this error today when trying to flash the ecu. Up until today it was working fine. In the middle of tuning with vit at the moment and I'm unable to flash anything new.

I have already emailed ktuner about this, just wondering if anyone else ran into this
Ouch I never got that one.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member

Have you read and did the items under Reflash Failure? --> Reflash Failure
It's on the last page of this pdf file.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:35 PM
I'll post up a much better write up when I get a chance but just a heads up to anyone here with a 2013 a/t be wary.
I'm currently stuck with an unflashable ecu due to some bugs in the ktuner software, am being told replacing the ecu is the only fix at the moment. Thankfully the last calibration I received was just a base line so the car is still running.

A certain notable tuner informed me he is likely dropping support for the device as this isin't the first issue he's seen.

More to come.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
I'll post up a much better write up when I get a chance but just a heads up to anyone here with a 2013 a/t be wary.
I'm currently stuck with an unflashable ecu due to some bugs in the ktuner software, am being told replacing the ecu is the only fix at the moment. Thankfully the last calibration I received was just a base line so the car is still running.

A certain notable tuner informed me he is likely dropping support for the device as this isin't the first issue he's seen.

More to come.
wow dat sucks, i hope u find a solution to this without buying a new ecu

Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member

More to come.
Thanks, I also have a 2013 A/T...
I will be following your update for sure...
I hope there is a way out for this,
perhaps send your ECU to K-Tuner so he can fix it...

Old 10-16-2015, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
I have never seen this issue, and have done over a dozen re-flashes. I worked with JR to add support for the 2011 ECU. I'm sure if Ktuner's at fault for this he will make it right.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Dropping support for Fits? Or moving away from the tactrix obd connection?

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
I have never seen this issue, and have done over a dozen re-flashes. I worked with JR to add support for the 2011 ECU. I'm sure if Ktuner's at fault for this he will make it right.
Haven't had any issues either. Been flashing my ecu with KTuner since January. JR is a good guy and I'm sure won't leave anyone hanging.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:57 AM
An older ECU tune file (09-10) was flashed into the ECU (13) and 09-10 models look for a wire that isn't present on the newer model years. He's no longer able to flash because of this. The KTuner software failed to prevent flashing an older tune file in because of the closeness in Fit part numbers over the year span. This has been corrected in today's update.

I offered to buy the customer a new ECU, but he is going to arrange a refund with the company he purchased the unit from. Those of you who are flashing the correct tune files in for your year would have never run into this issue, but it's been corrected for mishaps like this in the future.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:33 PM
I read through this whole thread and spent a bit of time on KTuner's Website and Vit's, but it's still unclear to me if I need to buy an interface to get eTuned by Vit, or if I rent one somehow? I might be in the minority but I just want it to run properly on 87 octane. The rev hang delete and drivability are top priorities for me.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SuperJ
I read through this whole thread and spent a bit of time on KTuner's Website and Vit's, but it's still unclear to me if I need to buy an interface to get eTuned by Vit, or if I rent one somehow? I might be in the minority but I just want it to run properly on 87 octane. The rev hang delete and drivability are top priorities for me.
You need to buy a KTuner unit to start the etune process. The unit has to be locked to your ecu in order to flash it. If you want to use it on another Fit then it has to be unlocked from your ecu and your ecu will be flashed back to stock.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by 07fit916
You need to buy a KTuner unit to start the etune process. The unit has to be locked to your ecu in order to flash it. If you want to use it on another Fit then it has to be unlocked from your ecu and your ecu will be flashed back to stock.
Thanks for the info.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:25 AM
I might be in the minority but I just want it to run properly on 87 octane.
I'll second and add to what 07fit916 said. Whoever tunes your Fit will probably tell you to use 91+ octane gas. It may be possible to just run 87, but you'll get weird looks from your tuner.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by DWils
I'll second and add to what 07fit916 said. Whoever tunes your Fit will probably tell you to use 91+ octane gas. It may be possible to just run 87, but you'll get weird looks from your tuner.
I get that... I just came from a tuned Volkswagen 2.0t . The whole point of the Fit was to save some money and get off a premium fuel diet.
I won't be asking for any power gains just a Rev hang delete and optimizations for 87octane (if that'snot an oxymoron). If I don't get any more power, but I get rid of the Rev hang I'll be happy.

Will have to wait a bit since it looks like it's about $1000cdn to buy the Ktuner interface and the tune together. Kinda expensive for what I want it for. I super glad that it exists though, too many cars have no aftermarket support at all.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I get that... I just came from a tuned Volkswagen 2.0t . The whole point of the Fit was to save some money and get off a premium fuel diet.
I won't be asking for any power gains just a Rev hang delete and optimizations for 87octane (if that'snot an oxymoron). If I don't get any more power, but I get rid of the Rev hang I'll be happy.

Will have to wait a bit since it looks like it's about $1000cdn to buy the Ktuner interface and the tune together. Kinda expensive for what I want it for. I super glad that it exists though, too many cars have no aftermarket support at all.
If you're not saving too much on a package deal you can always get the unit and get tune later.

Quick Reply: KTuner ECU Reflash