Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Floor Mats, questions, answers, recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Floor Mats, questions, answers, recomendations

Okay, second try because I don't think this posted the first time. Long story short: I bought generic floormats at Target and they were way too big and, in the driver's side, I was having trouble with the mat slipping around on the plastic plate when I was pushing in the clutch. Has anyone had this problem with the Honda brand floormats? I just wanted to know before I purchased them.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
honda brand floormats dont slip. and they also provide an installation hook. many people find the hook to be inconvienient, but they are provide for safety issues. the hooks prevent them from slipping and interfering with your brakes and accelerator pedals.

there are also weathertech brand floormats. i find the floorliner series very interesting. but they have not made any for the honda fit yet.

i picked up the OEM hondas from bernardiparts.com

Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Cool, thanks! And bernardiparts was great. It was cheaper there than other places I have looked.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Very happy with all weather Honda matts

I was the same way about the mats. The dealer wanted the list price plus installation and I thought it was WAY to expensive for mats. I got them from Bernardis too and have been very happy with the quality and fit (except it doesn’t go under the gas pedal far enough. My feet are too big). The hooks are actually a good thing and the plastic/rubber is very thick. Bernardis was quick and had a good price.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Anyone local can buy my oem carpet ones for cheap!

Old 06-02-2006, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Or you can get some floor rug underpadding. It will prevent slippage - I use it for everything I want to have grip on carpet or tile. $4 USD for a 2x6 at local major home hardware store

Old 06-03-2006, 05:39 AM
The front mats' hooks are very easy to install. The rear one is trickier, and you can pretty much just drop it in place and not install the two hooks.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I bought my Honda Fit (Brand) floormats off ebay for 70 dollars shipped.

I didn't install the hooks, they fit perfectly without them and do not slip.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
Floor Mats

For anyone wondering about installing driver's side floor mats other than Honda's, here is a pic of a Pants saver mat attached with 3 flat "Wafer Screws"

I used a black marker to mark the center one to show the diff.
For cleaning it only takes a minute to remove the 3 screws.

Last edited by willmax11; 06-14-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
For anyone who tries this, make sure where you're drilling/screwing into the floorboards has nothing underneath it. The last thing you want to do is accidentally drill into a fuel line, brake line, or any wiring.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
There's no way the 3/8" screws will go into anything but the carpet and the liner below that, so there is nothing to worry about. There is deeper cutting into the under liner when you attach the OEM hooks.

Brake lines? Gimme a break! No way would I suggest something that dumb.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Haha, I wasn't saying you'd suggest anything that dumb, but just a precaution to people who aren't quite as sure of what they're doing, or those go who go out and buy 3" metal screws and haphazardly drill them through their floorboards.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Aftermarket mats are starting to appear for the Fit. I got a set on order from:
http://www.roadworksauto.com/lloydrubber.htm
Some what cheaper than Honda's offering.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
you know there was already some places to attach hooks, just under some slits in the carpet

Old 06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
you know there was already some places to attach hooks, just under some slits in the carpet
My first post was for mats other than OEM from Honda, I don't think too many aftermarket come with "Hooks" and stepping on them would probably break them off anyway.

I'm not an expert, just a DIY.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willmax11
For anyone wondering about installing driver's side floor mats other than Honda's, here is a pic of a Pants saver mat attached with 3 flat "Wafer Screws"

I used a black marker to mark the center one to show the diff.
For cleaning it only takes a minute to remove the 3 screws.

Nice job but I really did not like the spam and junk attached to the picture... It would be apreciated if you kept it on the subject

Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Fit Floor Mats...Standard?

Were carpeted floor mats included with your Fit? Ours came with floor mats, but after reading a few past posts, I'm under the impression that some did not come with floor mats, and had to be purchased as an extra. Aside from floor mats, what other accessories are you planning to get with your Fit?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Mine did not come with the mats - were you charged for them? Other mod I did right away besides the mats was the coin holder for the blank spot next to the mirror adjuster.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
My floor mats were extra. I have added a cargo cover, a cargo tray, a console armrest, aluminum door sills, an auto dimming mirror with compass, outside temperature, and maplights, and a Valentine One radar detector.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
My floor mats were extra. I have added a cargo cover, a cargo tray, a console armrest, aluminum door sills, an auto dimming mirror with compass, outside temperature, and maplights, and a Valentine One radar detector.
Tell me more about the mirror with compass, etc. Please?

Quick Reply: Floor Mats, questions, answers, recomendations