General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Things I don't like

So far the only thing that has bothered me about this car is that I have had more flat tires with the fit then on all the other cars I have owned in my life before now combined. And that's a bunch of cars. Richard.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oldfool
So far the only thing that has bothered me about this car is that I have had more flat tires with the fit then on all the other cars I have owned in my life before now combined. And that's a bunch of cars. Richard.
That isn't really the car's fault. What are you running over to get so many flats?

Old 11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
That isn't really the car's fault. What are you running over to get so many flats?
I got a flat in my GD.

I do believe it put the nail in my brand new tire on purpose.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Front end too low

I've had my FIT for just over a month. So far my only complaint is the front end is so low that it isn'r visible to the driver and you can't tell how close you are to the curb or anything else. I try to get close, but I find I'm usually about 3 feet away from the curd or any other object. I'm also afraid of getting too close to any curb as the front end spoiler appears to be so low that it will hit any curb.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by MagicGuitar
I've had my FIT for just over a month. So far my only complaint is the front end is so low that it isn'r visible to the driver and you can't tell how close you are to the curb or anything else. I try to get close, but I find I'm usually about 3 feet away from the curd or any other object. I'm also afraid of getting too close to any curb as the front end spoiler appears to be so low that it will hit any curb.
Yes, it is invisible from the driving position. But I have a useful tip. See how far it is from the steering wheel to the base of the windshield? That's how much the hood extends beyond the windshield. And it's not a lot.

Even if you end up 3 feet short, your back end is still in the space, unlike a big Suburban or something like it.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by morgantruce
The rearview camera on my 2015 LX has such a wide angle view... that a car that is actually only a few feet behind me appears on camera to be parked somewhere on the next block back. It makes you think that you have to back up a LONG way to get near him. That car doesn't look "big" until just a second before you smash into his grill. I think this is just the opposite message you SHOULD be getting. I would much prefer a more normal view instead of the wide angle view--for at least ONE of the three views offered.

The camera IS good for spotting children playing behind you. If you see THAT, any smart driver is going to not budge until that situation is rectified.
I agree. I do not like the distorted view. I find it much easier to back into a parking space with my 2013 accord than I do my fit. This should not be the case at all. Same space completely different view. I do not use the camera at all for backing into a parking space.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Who cares if you dont like the distorted view? That rear view camera is ONLY for showing the blindspots of the rear corners. You are STILL expected to use your mirrors.

People are getting way too reliant on electronics. Ive almost been hit dozens of times by people who had their face glued to the rear view screen.

end rant

Old 12-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 13fit
Who cares if you dont like the distorted view? That rear view camera is ONLY for showing the blindspots of the rear corners. You are STILL expected to use your mirrors.

People are getting way too reliant on electronics. Ive almost been hit dozens of times by people who had their face glued to the rear view screen.

end rant
Seriously! I am just stating that I prefer the backup camera on my accord. I don't event know you and if this causes you to rant take a pill

Old 12-06-2014, 12:37 AM
The reason I posted that is because there are so many people out there that misuse products such as the rear view cam. It is not a complete alternative to using mirrors while backing up.

Be safe and use your mirrors. No rear view cam will ever remove that particular need. I am strongly saying this because I have almost been hit so many times by ignorant people.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Don't Get Me Wrong

I love my Fit, but I hate the headlights! Since moving to Maine from Texas, I have to replace the headlights several times each winter. Never had to do it in Texas. The replacement of the bulbs a very difficult, but I am getting better at it. 😬

Also it is easily blown around on cross winds. Which can tricky when it is icy. 😱

Thor

Old 12-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by 13fit
The reason I posted that is because there are so many people out there that misuse products such as the rear view cam. It is not a complete alternative to using mirrors while backing up.

Be safe and use your mirrors. No rear view cam will ever remove that particular need. I am strongly saying this because I have almost been hit so many times by ignorant people.
Dear Mr 13. Like I said I do not know you and you do not know me. I have been backing into parking spaces since 1967 without a scrape or to my knowledge running anyone down. The camera is designed to assist(otherwise there would be no grid lines) not replace mirrors. I understand that but I still say it does less than stellar job of assisting compared to my accord. Right now I just ignore it totally. I do not think this should be honda's intent.

A dozens times. Do you work in a parking garage? Perhaps you were a target. Most people do not appreciate being referred to as ignorant. Maybe the distorted camera saved your life

Last edited by cralford; 12-06-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-06-2014, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NTX575
I love my Fit, but I hate the headlights! Since moving to Maine from Texas, I have to replace the headlights several times each winter. Never had to do it in Texas. The replacement of the bulbs a very difficult, but I am getting better at it. 😬

Also it is easily blown around on cross winds. Which can tricky when it is icy. 😱

Thor

Hi Thor. I use inexpensive Chinese bulbs that are nice and white. I have had set in for over two years and no problem. Something like $15 a a pair. If you want the guys Email pm me. I have them in my Caravan as well.

Point two - slow down!!

Old 12-06-2014, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
A few things will shorten the life of headlight bulbs.
Out of balance or out of round front tires or driving on bumpy and potholed roads.
Vibration and shock will kill headlight bulbs (and your battery too!)
In northern and southern ends of this planet we use our lights a lot more in winter, which is why they tend to go out this time of year.
We all know not to touch the headlight bulbs with bare fingers. Oil and salts from your skin can make the glass form hairline cracks when it is hot. Clean the bulb with alcohol if needed.

It's strange that some cars seem to eat bulbs. Never replaced one on our Civics, but on our Ody van it was an annual ritual until I got new tires. Remember pulling into a parts store during a snowstorm to replace a burned out headlight. When I shut the hood, the other headlight blew. Went back in and told the parts gal "I'll have another one of those bulbs please." She gave me a strange look.

Old 12-26-2014, 04:25 AM
Gas tank could be a bit larger (12 gal.) to get more range.

5th and 6th gear could each be progressively taller for even better fuel economy in both city and hwy driving at 75mph.

Doing both of the above could easily get this car averaging 42+ mpg all the time with a 500 mile range.

Armrests on doors need softer material.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
The front seats are uncomfortable on long trips. This is the only car I've had this problem with.

There's no way I can get enough leverage on the lug wrench to change flats with. I did buy an extension for it but Honda could have done better in the first place.

Dashboard rattle, which there is no easy way to get rid of.

The materials used in the interior come off looking cheaper than my 1994 Sentra

I don't like where Honda placed the mirror remote switch. They should have illuminated it since I find it tough to see at night.

I wish Honda could have just used a more common battery or something that's not the size of my motorcycle's (Suzuki 700 Intruder)

It would be nice if I could lower the rear seats without needing to remove the headrests. I see they fixed that problem in the latest Fit.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Austin Healy
There's no way I can get enough leverage on the lug wrench to change flats with. I did buy an extension for it but Honda could have done better in the first place.
Depending how much the lug nuts have been torqued, the stock lug wrench becomes useless. I never have a problem when I change my own tires and torque the nuts to 80 ftlbs. My daughter's Fit on the other hand recently had new tires put on by a shop that must have used a high setting on the impact gun. Last week when I was putting on her snow tires, I had to use a pipe extension on the lug wrench, and actually ended up bending the lug wrench. When I changed my own wheels which were properly torqued, I had no problem with the stock lug wrench.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Austin Healy
The front seats are uncomfortable on long trips. This is the only car I've had this problem with.

>>> Raise the front of seats. Just add two or three washers between rail and floor.

Dashboard rattle, which there is no easy way to get rid of.

>>> May be the lower glove box. If so a couple felt pads solve that -'

The materials used in the interior come off looking cheaper than my 1994 Sentra

I don't like where Honda placed the mirror remote switch. They should have illuminated it since I find it tough to see at night.

XXX Suppose to adjust before you drive. A good memory will help you find it.

I wish Honda could have just used a more common battery or something that's not the size of my motorcycle's (Suzuki 700 Intruder)

>>> Why> My lasted 5 years which is fine by me.

It would be nice if I could lower the rear seats without needing to remove the headrests. I see they fixed that problem in the latest Fit.
>>> How about moving front seats forward first? No need to remove headrests.

Speaking of Healeys I have had 3 Bugeyes over the years

Name:  108.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  105.6 KB

Last edited by Black3sr; 12-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
I'm 6' tall and it took me awhile to get used to driving with my arms fully extended (telescoping steering wheel would have been welcome on my 2007 Fit). A smaller feature I sometimes miss is variable intermittent wipers. My biggest gripes are road noise and lack of a taller gear for interstate speeds.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Ohmygoood the road noise/dash rattle, feeling every single bump and pebble on the roads (New England roads, esp January, are AWFUL), and occasionally being tossed around by the wind when I'm driving down the highway...

None of it compares to how much I love how the car handles though.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Let the car spend a little time above zero degrees. The dash will quiet down eventually.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit