General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM
The only thing I don't like about my Fit are people who don't understand the Fit and then buy it or drive it and then beat it up for things that it clearly is not.

If you're so obtuse my heart goes out to you. Life for you everyday must be a burning nightmare of staggering disappointments.

The Fit is a fantastic conveyance and it does it brilliantly.

Short example, I took someone to lunch last week in the Fit. They were positively staggered with all the features the car has for the price it costs.

He kept saying over and over, "How much did you pay for this?"

Yep, Honda still making the best damn cars.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nishone
I have a 2007 Fit. It is my daily use car. I used to commute 2 hours daily and now I only commute 20 minutes. I am in so much pain from the non-ergonomic seats that I am getting physical therapy. I am 5'9". With the seat all the way back it is still not enough leg room. The steering wheel is too far forward,

Thanks!

I find my '09 to be quite comfortable and have used it for a couple 1500 mile trips, only the A/C was an issue in Florida on hot days after about 3 hours of use. On the '09 the steering wheel adjusts for tilt as well as in and out - does the '07 steering wheel not adjust?

I'm 6'0" and I do not need to slide the seat all the way back, I originally was going to buy a Civic but that was tiny inside - I sat in the '09 Fit and was amazed at the roominess. With the newest model being built in Mexico instead of Japan, I think my next car won't be a Fit - bit I do like my '09 very much.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by tlwiz
I find my '09 to be quite comfortable and have used it for a couple 1500 mile trips, only the A/C was an issue in Florida on hot days after about 3 hours of use. On the '09 the steering wheel adjusts for tilt as well as in and out - does the '07 steering wheel not adjust?

I'm 6'0" and I do not need to slide the seat all the way back, I originally was going to buy a Civic but that was tiny inside - I sat in the '09 Fit and was amazed at the roominess. With the newest model being built in Mexico instead of Japan, I think my next car won't be a Fit - bit I do like my '09 very much.
Pretty sure the GD steering wheel only tilts.

As a driver, the GK is more comfortable because of the multiple points of adjustment for the seat and the steering wheel. However, as a passenger in the front seat I take offense to the lack of leg room. Being 6'2" and being mostly legs I barely fit with the seat all the way back.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting thread.

The problems I've had with my first gen fit are...

* Paint job. Not only is the paint thin, but the rear view mirror pillars are now sand scoured, and utterly bare of paint. They've since fixed this, I'm told, but the paint really is too thin.
* Road noise. Sorry, but it's at an unacceptable level.
* Gas mileage isn't even close to what's advertised. I haven't done a mpg check in years, but the only way I was able to get close to it was downhill.
* the CVT is poorly designed.
* glove box isn't deep enough for anything exept a pair of gloves.

My wife's 2015 fit is a different beast altogether. Quieter inside, but the armrest isn't high enough for an armrest. It's also a bit mushier in the turns. It's a much better A to B vehicle, but there's a lack of character. It's not as good looking as mine is. Mine has those ferrari inspired bubble headlights, and a much sportier looking grille. I'm gonna miss my little chick car.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:00 PM
One of the things I am having to get used to is the lack of floor space near the drivers seat. On a long highway drive with cruise control on, I vary my leg position by tucking one heel or the other up close to the seat. On the Fit, unlike any other car I've owned other than VW van or Vanagon, there is very limited space to do this. It's the only downside I have identified for Honda's innovative placement of the gas tank.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pagetuner
One of the things I am having to get used to is the lack of floor space near the drivers seat. On a long highway drive with cruise control on, I vary my leg position by tucking one heel or the other up close to the seat. On the Fit, unlike any other car I've owned other than VW van or Vanagon, there is very limited space to do this. It's the only downside I have identified for Honda's innovative placement of the gas tank.
Yep, agreed, I end up finding a different place to move the legs, but I do find myself hitting the edge of the tank with my shoes. However, that being the case, I take that inconvenience to allow the seats in the back to fold flat or to raise up for hauling capability. A reasonable trade off in my opinion.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
I replaced my 2015 Fit with a 2016 Fit. Overall I love Fits, but here are a few issues I have:

1. I HATE where the seat warmer buttons are on the 2016 model. They're on the console inbetween the driver and passenger seats. When I set my sunglass case down in the little nook, it sometimes turns on the seat warmer. Terrible location for the buttons, in my opinion.

2. Glove box is teeny tiny. Can't fit anything in it.

3. The silver gear levers located on the steering wheel, right behind it. The way I have my hands on the steering wheel I occasionally hit the lever and my car switches gears suddenly.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Phoebe70
I replaced my 2015 Fit with a 2016 Fit. ...
Wow 2015 to a 2016 so soon? Lots of miles, donation to family member, crunched, a different color preference, or a vehicle build location preference (mexico/japan)?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm just getting started with my 2015 manual Fit. I really like the car and it is exactly what I wanted but I didn't realize how much I needed to pay attention driving a manual trans again. I got spoiled I suppose (first manual in twelve years since my Honda Civic Hatchback). Can't use my knee on an uphill stop since I need to feather the clutch. Basically I love a manual since it keeps a person occupied while driving...I just forgot how truly "occupied" one has to be. I basically need all four thingies (legs/feet and arms/hands) to drive it.

Love that I am finally getting used to the "power zone"...I can go from 2nd to 3rd to 4th (fast) and kick that Honda up to 4000+rpms and just jump away. Zoom zoom zoom...that 130hp on a little car kicks some butt. Much better than the 119 for a Toyota Yaris or around a hundred for others of the same variety/looks.

Last edited by Dave Brownlee; 09-01-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:33 AM
As much as I like my "Fit"...I will say one thing. I have no idea why they bothered to put in a 6th "forward" gear. There is almost no difference between 5th and 6th gear as far as revs and it always makes me nervous shifting (downward on the column) since I'm afraid I' could go to 5th forward at 60 mph to reverse and blow up the transmission. I do like the backwards camera thingy though - if for no other reason that it tells me that I have found the reverse gear :-)....

Last edited by Dave Brownlee; 09-01-2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Nine years late but here is my reply. I can't complain about the mileage. My first trip , I got 37mpg going at 65mph. My wife's 2000 accord would get 29mpg on similar route. Around town, I get 24mpg compared to 17mpg for the Accord. My complaint is the air conditioner and sound system. My wife now drives a 2004 Accord LX and I want to trade cars just because of the better sound. Another complaint is that the led screen on the radio is going out so that the station and time displays are unreadable during the day. Because the screen is attached to the radio it appears to be an expensive fix.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ftippin
Nine years late but here is my reply. I can't complain about the mileage. My first trip , I got 37mpg going at 65mph. My wife's 2000 accord would get 29mpg on similar route. Around town, I get 24mpg compared to 17mpg for the Accord. My complaint is the air conditioner and sound system. My wife now drives a 2004 Accord LX and I want to trade cars just because of the better sound. Another complaint is that the led screen on the radio is going out so that the station and time displays are unreadable during the day. Because the screen is attached to the radio it appears to be an expensive fix.
My stereo has the fade issue too. Replacing the whole unit with an aftermarket alternative isn't really that complicated/expensive. Just buy a dash kit, a stereo, and a harness.

Here's the dash kit:
Metra 99-7872 Dash Kit (Black) Allows you to install a new single-DIN or double-DIN car stereo in select 2007-08 Honda Fit models at Crutchfield.com

Old 09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I have 2 other cars that I presenty drive...the Fit is the only one that shocks the h e double hocky stick out of me...why?

Other gripes previously mentioned...

1. lack of dead pedal
2. lack of center armrest
3. lack of power (all other modern Honda's make more power per liter)
Figured I should chime in on my original post from 8 1/2 years ago. Obviously we didn't hate too much about the Fit since we still have it! The spot in the garage next to the Fit has seen 4 cars come and go, but the Fit is still here.

So, following up on the original dislikes...
1. Shocking me. Yup, still shocks us. Worse in the winter.
2. Zeta dead pedal fixed second issue
3. JDM center console fixed third issue
4. Good lubricants, K&N air filter, Honda performance axle back exhaust, higher octane fuel, etc has NOT fixed the lack of power issue.

The car now has 17x,xxx miles, but still looks good and we like the car. Things like the dead pedal, armrest, Progress rear sway bar, Mugen window visors, Mugen short shifter, etc. etc. etc have improved many facets in small ways and make it personal to us and we've gotten to enjoy the mods for 8 years.

The next chapter for this car will either be a serious power upgrade or a move into someone else's life. Hoping we go the project car route.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've only had my 2013 Fit sport for about a month now, but I noticed 2 things immediately that were lacking in it. One, I've never had a Honda that didn't have a temperature gauge in it. The Fit idiot light doesn't show a problem arising in coolant temperature until it's too late and the idiot light comes on. The second issue is the steering column. Even with the tilt/telescoping features, the column doesn't allow me to see the top part of the speedometer. I'm 6'4'' tall, but it just seems there could have been an adjustment by Honda to the steering column angle into the driver compartment that could have prevented this issue. Other than that, it's a very comfortable car.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:59 PM
the boot floor when full size spare fitted - it just about collapses.

I am trying to source tool tray fitted to Indian made Fits to fix this problem.Currently have made plyboard insert like many other owners to fix - shame on Honda this has to be done!!!!

Old 10-07-2016, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sure that it's already been said somewhere in the 2000+ comments in the thread, but I'm going to say it again anyways: The smart entry system only unlocking the driver side door when you grab the driver side door handle. I just want to put stuff in the back seat!

There may be more things, as I've only had the car for two days, but I sure haven't found them yet!

Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
^^
Push twice on the unlock button to unlock all doors?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal
^^
Push twice on the unlock button to unlock all doors?
Oh, absolutely! My complaint is very much a "first world problem." With the smart entry, its just frustrating that there needs to be an extra step to me opening that back door. I wish it was a setting you could change.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by grag
I'm sure that it's already been said somewhere in the 2000+ comments in the thread, but I'm going to say it again anyways: The smart entry system only unlocking the driver side door when you grab the driver side door handle. I just want to put stuff in the back seat!

There may be more things, as I've only had the car for two days, but I sure haven't found them yet!
Not sure what you are driving, but my 2015 Fit Owner's Manual includes setup option to open all doors when the driver's door is open

Attached Thumbnails What you DONT like about your Fit-80-auto_door_locking_options_1aa0aa4524152b600de98fd891e2476506599b19.jpg  
Old 10-09-2016, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Not sure what you are driving, but my 2015 Fit Owner's Manual includes setup option to open all doors when the driver's door is open
Like RTFM

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit