General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Shoulda' got a Sport

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Post up the things that you don't like about your Fit. Thanks!

Ryan
When I was introduced to my Fit, I forgot that the base model has no cruise control, which really sucks on trips. Very hard on the legs and could impact trip mpg. A Sport wouldn't have been that much more. So when I look to trade up, it'll def be a Sport.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:44 PM
Lack of sunroof and heated seats in the '14 Sport. That is my only complaint.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gkitf16
When I was introduced to my Fit, I forgot that the base model has no cruise control, which really sucks on trips. Very hard on the legs and could impact trip mpg. A Sport wouldn't have been that much more. So when I look to trade up, it'll def be a Sport.
Cruise generally hurts MPG.

Heated seats can be installed by aftermarket installers. That's how my GE has heated seats.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by Texture
Unstable in windy weather. Weak AC on really hot days
Originally Posted by demouser
Agree. To maximize fuel economy, they minimize the size of the AC system. When I used to work with a Japanese company they had a hard time believing the weather extremes we experience in many parts of the USA.
Especially if behind a semi, because the trailer is making the air very turbulent as it is, then you car is trying to stay center of the lane you're sharing. Had Honda made the front track 1in wider a side and the rear 2in wider each side, it would be more stable. That's why owners are add spacers or the offset of new wheel to 40mm vs. stock 50/55mm. The change is drastic. Also I cant speak for 1st/3rd Gen but after a yr having my 13', I realize the sport has H-rated tires. Honda, you could have given the sport V-rated. Stickier tires would have solve/nulled these things.

Originally Posted by GE8Girl
Lack of sunroof and heated seats in the '14 Sport. That is my only complaint.
Those are easy fixes. Especially the leather. A sponsor to this site is Clazzio seats. There is a MEGA thread on the site that shows their seats colors or color combination against the color of their car. Leatherette is 299.99 (price depending on your car) or leather seats for (599.99). They can add heat too i think. The sunroof can be added. np. I love ambient light myself. Look up at your roof. On 2nd gen you can make-out where if should be.

Originally Posted by mike410b
Cruise generally hurts MPG

Heated seats can be installed by aftermarket installers. That's how my GE has heated seats.
I'll take cruise anyday (paraplegic here) hehe

Old 06-01-2015, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, cruise hurts mpg. But I wasn't going to buy a car without it- I drive too many miles.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I really like my '07 Fit Sport so I hope that I don't sound like I hate it. Couple of things that I dislike about it are:

-No sunroof. I really miss this. (I'm not putting one in manually since they tend to leak over time)
-No dead pedal
-Gas mileage (rated at 33-34 hwy) My '00 Civic Si got 32 mpg.
-Seats are uncomfortable.
-Pedals are too close to each other. I have to turn my legs inward to work the pedals which make my knees hurt.
-The distance to the pedals for my legs and the distance to the steering wheel for my arms are not really proportional. When one seems right, the other is too far/close. Might be just me. I'm 5'10" so I'm average height.
-No intermittent rear wiper.
-No armrest
-Shift boot is that rubber crap.

People complained about the weak AC. Can't comment on that since I haven't had to use it. Other people complain about blind spots. I don't have a problem with that since the whole car is full of windows. I can see everything.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 AM
I don't like the fact that my car has 2k miles on it and the check engine light has turned on twice, this time now accompanied with the tps light, trac control light, and check power steering light!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by indyc350
I don't like the fact that my car has 2k miles on it and the check engine light has turned on twice, this time now accompanied with the tps light, trac control light, and check power steering light!
Hoping to see a follow-up of a very successful trip to the dealer's shop

Old 06-11-2015, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CB19
City: 10 liters/100 km, but we live in a freaking super congested city including all the freeways are all clogged most of the time
Open road: about 7 liters/100 km, tested on a Toronto-Ottawa trip 2 weeks ago, in fact the return trip, late evening, pretty much an empty 401 freeway, 450 kms, cruise control on 120 km/h...

Sorry, I know you're used with mpg and miles only, I always have problems doing the conversion from/to mpg
Chris
we'll do it for you. 10 liters at 3.785 L/gal is 2.64 gal; 100 km is 62.4 miles so your city mpg is 62.4/3.785 = 23.6 mpg. even here in nc if you drive in raleigh traffic only you'll be lucky to get 24 mpg. your trip at 12kph, or 75 mph, is pretty close to the mpg we've verified here. those quoting 45 mpg have run 65-70 mph on cruise on pretty flat ground..

Old 06-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I dont like the rattling the interior makes when music with bass comes on.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
those quoting 45 mpg have run 65-70 mph on cruise on pretty flat ground..
Pretty flat ground is what we call "other states." Hills are good opportunities for mileage, as are cities. 65-70 with the cruise on is actually bad for mileage.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Hoping to see a follow-up of a very successful trip to the dealer's shop
They wanted to charge me because of the hid lights

Old 06-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Ouch, nothing like a dealership excuse to make the weeds grow higher.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by indyc350
They wanted to charge me because of the hid lights
I don't think they can do that since 1) I assume it's under warranty (or did you buy it used?) and 2) that is a completely unrelated item to they issues you are having.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by SilverPeanut
I don't think they can do that since 1) I assume it's under warranty (or did you buy it used?) and 2) that is a completely unrelated item to they issues you are having.
They also told me it would take around 2-3 hours for them to check the light. They told me it was most likely do to the HID lights and would charge me if it was. It only takes 5 minutes to check the check engine light, so i said no thanks lol. I had my neighbor check it instead it turned out to be the coolant temp sensors 2 of them he said. These cars have more than 1 coolant temp sensors, but no temp gauge?? I just erased the code and will ride it out till they come back and go from there.n Just remember guys if you have mods that are not "factory" they will look to get you for that.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Reading a code takes them 5 minutes. If you've got a code reader you can do it in seconds.

Diagnosing the problem that threw the code can take a while, and coming up with a list of exactly what's required to fix the problem and back it up takes a lot longer. Knowing it's a temp sensor code is one thing. Knowing which sensor and being able to say the sensor itself is faulty, that it wasn't damaged by an ECU fault or some wire that got shorted when someone hacked a set of aftermarket HIDs in... that can take a while.

If there's an electrical problem and someone has modified some of the car's electrics, it's a good idea to prep the customer for the fact that the problem might not be the manufacturer's fault. It's also always better to pad the estimate than to need more time to chase down the problem than was first authorized.

Service writers don't want to just have a code read and pop in a "free" sensor and then find out the problem is more complicated. Then they have a sensor and a bunch of time on the job before they even start telling the customer about it. There's less drama if they start out telling you to accept the worst case right when you shioow up- or just go away.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Reading a code takes them 5 minutes. If you've got a code reader you can do it in seconds.

Diagnosing the problem that threw the code can take a while, and coming up with a list of exactly what's required to fix the problem and back it up takes a lot longer. Knowing it's a temp sensor code is one thing. Knowing which sensor and being able to say the sensor itself is faulty, that it wasn't damaged by an ECU fault or some wire that got shorted when someone hacked a set of aftermarket HIDs in... that can take a while.

If there's an electrical problem and someone has modified some of the car's electrics, it's a good idea to prep the customer for the fact that the problem might not be the manufacturer's fault. It's also always better to pad the estimate than to need more time to chase down the problem than was first authorized.

Service writers don't want to just have a code read and pop in a "free" sensor and then find out the problem is more complicated. Then they have a sensor and a bunch of time on the job before they even start telling the customer about it. There's less drama if they start out telling you to accept the worst case right when you shioow up- or just go away.
Yeah thats true. I got it erased, and will check to see if it happens again.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Things I Don't Like

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Post up the things that you don't like about your Fit. Thanks!

Ryan
1. Interior Noise level. Especially loud tire and road noise.
2. Tires wear unevenly and sound like bad snow tires. Multiple alignment have not helped. Recently shimed rear to bring to factory spec.
3. Vehicle rather bouncy at interstate speeds. Let's you know you are in a cheap ride.
4. Cheap looking, ugly interior.
5. Mileage has been good but not good enough compared to our CRV (10-15% better) which holds more, ofters geater comfort and is much quieter and has a much better looking (if not perfect) interior.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Memcdm
1. Interior Noise level. Especially loud tire and road noise.
2. Tires wear unevenly and sound like bad snow tires. Multiple alignment have not helped. Recently shimed rear to bring to factory spec.
3. Vehicle rather bouncy at interstate speeds. Let's you know you are in a cheap ride.
4. Cheap looking, ugly interior.
5. Mileage has been good but not good enough compared to our CRV (10-15% better) which holds more, ofters geater comfort and is much quieter and has a much better looking (if not perfect) interior.
Had a test drive before buying one?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Had a test drive before buying one?
Doesn't seem like it, huh? Makes you wonder why they bought it if the didn't like the interior. It's only the area you're most going to have to look at.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit