General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 AM
{edit: this is a response to 'Spiked Up'}

With all those electrical problems, I would suspect the alternator/voltage regulator.

Last edited by JonStewartMill; 10-31-2014 at 08:30 AM. Reason: clarified the post I'm responding to
Old 10-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by JonStewartMill
{edit: this is a response to 'Spiked Up'}

With all those electrical problems, I would suspect the alternator/voltage regulator.
Thanks.... but should I really be needing all that with a 4 year old car? Way too many issues....

I'll go and have it checked before I spend hundreds to get it where it should be....

Old 10-31-2014, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
"All that" may just be one bad part that's breaking the other parts. One blown electrical part can happen. When scattered parts are going, it's time to look for what's actually killing them.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Interior and tires

My biggest complaint has been the interior. Between being cheap, dark and constantly dirty it takes away from what is otherwise a great car. I have resolved this with Weathertech floor liners and Katzkin leather. I did a two tone leather black and putty (to match pillars and roof) as well as putty on the doors. I did the upgraded full face leather $1495 plus tax installed and worth every penny. The putty is nearly a perfect match to the pillars and brightens the interior giving it a custom yet factory look.

Also the Honda add on center armrest is a must and an easy upgrade. (you can see it in the first photo)

The tires are an odd size and expensive to replace. I changed to a 205/50R16 of which there are about 20 options. I got better ride, grip and tread wear at a 35% cheaper price.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by addis
My biggest complaint has been the interior. Between being cheap, dark and constantly dirty it takes away from what is otherwise a great car. I have resolved this with Weathertech floor liners and Katzkin leather. I did a two tone leather black and putty (to match pillars and roof) as well as putty on the doors. I did the upgraded full face leather $1495 plus tax installed and worth every penny. The putty is nearly a perfect match to the pillars and brightens the interior giving it a custom yet factory look.

Also the Honda add on center armrest is a must and an easy upgrade. (you can see it in the first photo)

The tires are an odd size and expensive to replace. I changed to a 205/50R16 of which there are about 20 options. I got better ride, grip and tread wear at a 35% cheaper price.

all i can say is WOW! outstanding!! look and that smell of leather i know is wonderful!
was this a pro installation or a kit you installed?
i too went with the 205 /50/16 tires sizes...in fact i just purchased ecsta X 4 kumho from tread depot for $78.00 ea....this is half the cost of those factory 185/55/16. great tyres too, my second set.
i would really luv to do leather but am afraid our dogs claws would damage the covers...happened on our couch/sofa.... guess i worry too much. we have the rear seats folded down when the yappers are with us anyway and we're seating in the front seats so where's the threat ?
thanx for anyfeel back on the leather install.....
G.D.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by gizmodog
all i can say is WOW! outstanding!! look and that smell of leather i know is wonderful!
was this a pro installation or a kit you installed?
i too went with the 205 /50/16 tires sizes...in fact i just purchased ecsta X 4 kumho from tread depot for $78.00 ea....this is half the cost of those factory 185/55/16. great tyres too, my second set.
i would really luv to do leather but am afraid our dogs claws would damage the covers...happened on our couch/sofa.... guess i worry too much. we have the rear seats folded down when the yappers are with us anyway and we're seating in the front seats so where's the threat ?
thanx for anyfeel back on the leather install.....
G.D.
It was a pro installation. I did not have the time nor patience to do it myself. I am impressed with the leather quality and feel. Much nicer than the 2000 Acura TL I used to own.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I work too much and don't have enough time to drive and enjoy the Fit.

It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Greasyman
Wheels are a common and easy to fit size.
Specifically I meant the bolt pattern and offset, 14" tires are becoming rather rare. I was happy to find out however that the 15" aluminum five spoke wheels with RE 11s that were on my Scion xB bolted right on. Seems if you want anything other than bread and butter passenger car tires you need to move up to at least 15s.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Post up the things that you don't like about your Fit. Thanks!

Ryan
Considering that this post has been up since 2007 and that most replies are duplicate issues, there really arent that many complaints.
My main complaint is the rattle under the passenger seat (which I cant seem to find a fix for), the crappy ride on shotty roads and the way it handles the snow. I really neef a fix for the seat...the other two issues I understand I'll have to live with.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

More practice should make it easier, but not in this case. Replacing the headlight bulbs is becoming more and more annoying! Not the replacing part, the "how to" part! Ugh!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
I just picked up my Fit yesterday. I realized I have never had a car with a backseat that was human sized; let alone hatchback. I felt very small relative to the car; and my legs were drafty. I missed the hug of a sports cars cockpit area! haha

Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 PM
I wish I hadn't bought that piece of crap.!! gets 30% less MPG than I was told, 20 mpg., its an automatic. door lock jam'd, shift link seal leaks not covered by warrantee , paint is like 1 spray layer.. the plastic splash guards are cracked/broken falling out 35,000 they charged me $130 for cheap floor mats. a tire went flat in rush hour freeway traffic the second day I had it, the tires were defective and were replaced. driver window motor recalled twice, steering wheel is getting hard to turn.. there is a recall on that and the airbags have exploded on other fits, mine is an 07, I don't know how many have yet.!! i'm selling it next year and getting an Elio.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by passnthru2
I wish I hadn't bought that piece of crap.!! gets 30% less MPG than I was told, 20 mpg., its an automatic. door lock jam'd, shift link seal leaks not covered by warrantee , paint is like 1 spray layer.. the plastic splash guards are cracked/broken falling out 35,000 they charged me $130 for cheap floor mats. a tire went flat in rush hour freeway traffic the second day I had it, the tires were defective and were replaced. driver window motor recalled twice, steering wheel is getting hard to turn.. there is a recall on that and the airbags have exploded on other fits, mine is an 07, I don't know how many have yet.!! i'm selling it next year and getting an Elio.
I wasn't aware that any of the Fit models were subject to the Takata Airbag Recall.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:11 AM
apparently it has nothing to do with the current recall, might have just been one event, it was late and I didn't have time to check it out.. it was a passenger side bag.

car drives ok, I didn't expect all the problems.. especially the quality problems on a Honda

Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry to hear of all your issues with your Fit. We've had one problem with our '13 resulting it it needing to be towed twice, but hopefully that's all taken care of.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Miss the auto-lock feature

My Accords have the option to set the auto-lock to engage when you take the car out of park. The 3rd generation Fit will only allow you to have the auto-lock engage at 10 MPH or to turn off auto-lock all together. I think it is a much better safety feature to have it engage when I shift out of park. It is not like I want my passengers to hop in the car while I am moving at 8 MPH. Nothing to hate just seems a little strange to me.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:54 PM
My car is a 2015 LX. My biggest dislike, so far, is the location of the fuse panels under the dash. The panel diagram on the steering column cover is practically impossible to read; and the fuse panels themselves are equally as difficult to access.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by cralford
My Accords have the option to set the auto-lock to engage when you take the car out of park. The 3rd generation Fit will only allow you to have the auto-lock engage at 10 MPH or to turn off auto-lock all together. I think it is a much better safety feature to have it engage when I shift out of park. It is not like I want my passengers to hop in the car while I am moving at 8 MPH. Nothing to hate just seems a little strange to me.
It's annoying when you're just gonna get in and go, but it's nice when you just need to move the car a little before getting out again.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
It's annoying when you're just gonna get in and go, but it's nice when you just need to move the car a little before getting out again.
Point taken but since it is programmed to unlock from the inside driver side door handle to get out or at worst the rocker switch to unlock it for other passengers to get in I do not see the benefit.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:20 PM
non stop mechanical issues , crappy service from the dealer.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit