General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:10 PM
cheap ebay ones are fine, especially for common cars like hondas.

go for sellers who actually take a true picture, and not some "comparable" picture.

they should be around $50-60. the $30-40 ones are ones to avoid, unless you happen to have a roll of doublesided tape laying around. the cheapos have crappy tape.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
I've had my 2007 Base Fit for only about 3 weeks. Nothing I really dislike about it, but there are a few things I'd change.

The A pillar is big and fat and blocks my vision. I know it's fat to be strong, but nonetheless, it blocks my vision (And what are those goofy little triangular windows supposed to do?).

It's difficult to read the gauges with sunglasses on. And why have them light up like that, there have been millions of cars built with gauges that don't light up and are easily readable when wearing sunglasses.

The brakes are slightly touchy.

Engine revs hang just a bit between shifts.

I've had a couple of cars that had the vertical style cargo nets and found them very useful. I'm surprised the Fit doesn't come with one, since it's supposed to be a practical and sensible little car. There isn't even a way to install an aftermarket one, unless you want to go thru the trouble of coming up with a way to install some attachment points for the net.

It smells kind of funny. I don't know if that's its natural Fit smell, or if the previous owner used some sort of air freshener, but it has that disinfectant smell that I associate with public restrooms.

I guess that's about it. Now to balance things a bit, here are some things I like: Engine is surprisingly torquey in the mid-range. Car handles nice and flat. Car has the quickest steering of any car I've owned, including my Miatas. The shift lever looks cool. The engine compartment seems fairly roomy. I like the look of the different sized wipers, and they probably work well like that. Wheels are a common and easy to fit size. Radio controls are easy to use. Cargo space, of course. And yeah, the car isn't exactly fast, but it's not that slow either. Not very impressive running it through the gears on an entrance ramp, but most of the time, in light traffic or driving through the twisties, it has adequate power and a good feeling engine and tranny.

And btw, don't like or dislike, but why is the glove compartment door so oddly heavy?

Last edited by Greasyman; 10-24-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Greasyman
The A pillar is big and fat and blocks my vision. I know it's fat to be strong, but nonetheless, it blocks my vision
It's fat to house the airbag. I think newer airbag designs have allowed them to slim down.
(And what are those goofy little triangular windows supposed to do?).
I think they're cute. I suction cupped my Sirius radio to it.
It's difficult to read the gauges with sunglasses on. And why have them light up like that, there have been millions of cars built with gauges that don't light up and are easily readable when wearing sunglasses.
More and more dashboards are virtual, digital screens with 'gauges' painted onto them. This is going to be more and more of an issue for folks with polarized lenses. Hint: try tilting your head to one side.
I've had a couple of cars that had the vertical style cargo nets and found them very useful. I'm surprised the Fit doesn't come with one, since it's supposed to be a practical and sensible little car. There isn't even a way to install an aftermarket one, unless you want to go thru the trouble of coming up with a way to install some attachment points for the net.
Honda sells a cargo net for the car. Installs in minutes.
I guess that's about it. Now to balance things a bit, here are some things like: ...
Thanks for doing this!

Old 10-24-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveFL
First time I opened the back windows about an inch didn't notice the gap it produces on the the side, if the sheild was designed to cover the side back edge it would be an air scoop
Cabin water inlet upgrade.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
k the unheated side mirrors are pita this time of year to spring.

that should be a mandated feature on all cars.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
k the unheated side mirrors are pita this time of year to spring.

that should be a mandated feature on all cars.
Never had to even think about it in Los Angeles or when I lived in Alabama.

Could you enlighten me what happens exactly that makes the heated mirrors necessary in your area. Could you take a picture what they look like in the morning. Is the ice difficult to clear from them very often? Do you use a scraper on the side windows on those mornings? Is scraper not effective on review view side mirrors?

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Scrapers aren't a good choice for side mirrors because the mirrors are too small and the glass is adjustable- so once you clear a tiny part of the mirror you have to re-aim the mirrors.

Going up a hill in the early morning is fun, too. The temperature change can take you down past the dew point and the mirrors fog up.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Never had to even think about it in Los Angeles or when I lived in Alabama.

Could you enlighten me what happens exactly that makes the heated mirrors necessary in your area. Could you take a picture what they look like in the morning. Is the ice difficult to clear from them very often? Do you use a scraper on the side windows on those mornings? Is scraper not effective on review view side mirrors?

Thanks.
I live in Alabama and have problems with them also. The past few mornings I've had dew/condensation build up on the side mirrors to the point that they're not usable and it usually takes about 15 minutes running down the interstate before the dew dries off of them. Heated side mirrors would be really great. I had them in my previous truck and didn't really appreciate them until I switched to the Fit.

-Dustin

Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
I was once surprised when I scraped (very lightly) a side mirror. The mirror cracked! The real surprise was how incredibly thin the mirror was!

Old 10-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
I live in Alabama and have problems with them also. The past few mornings I've had dew/condensation build up on the side mirrors to the point that they're not usable and it usually takes about 15 minutes running down the interstate before the dew dries off of them. Heated side mirrors would be really great. I had them in my previous truck and didn't really appreciate them until I switched to the Fit.

-Dustin
I'm sure you're already aware since you've been here for a while but here's the heated mirror install threads:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...irrors-us.html

I occasionally have issues with this but not enough to warrant the work.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Heated ones here on my Canadian Fit. I did peel them back to insert arrow winkers underneath and both still work after a year

I will scrape mine sometimes as I do not let my Fit sit and idle long enough to clear the mirrors.

Damn had to scrape the windshield this morning.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Fit dislikes

Stupid, annoying things about my '09 Fit Sport 5spd in no particular order:

1. Sun visors don't 'telescope' and are too short to properly cover side window — big problem with low winter sun. Other manufacturers have figured out how to do this;
2. idiotic Maintenance Minder system coupled with no useful information in the owner's manual;
3. 5th is geared way too low — 3200+ rpm @ 70mph is silly;
4. When is Hayne's going to produce a Service Manual for the Fit? Dealer said I could order the 'official shop manual' for $250...thanks, but I'll pass.
5. Honda's use of soft cloth to cover the backs of the rear seats — does not stand up to loading/unloading golf bags, etc.

Positives:
1. Reliable;
2. Good fuel economy — 6.4l/100km (43mpg) in mostly city

Last edited by Canuck09Fit; 10-29-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added an item
Old 10-29-2014, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Canuck09Fit
4. When is Hayne's going to produce a Service Manual for the Fit? Dealer said I could order the 'official shop manual' for $250...thanks, but I'll pass.
A service manual would be nice, but that's the good thing about this forum and Youtube. Between those two there are DIY's for almost anything you'd want or need to do to the Fit.

-Dustin

Old 10-29-2014, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Fit service manual

Thanks, but I've found YouTube, Internet 'experts', etc to be more of a pain than they're worth. First, there's the whole question of their actual knowledge and/or expertise. Second, if I'm in the middle of doing something in the garage I don't want to have to go back into the house to recheck some YouTube video. A proper, printed manual in the garage for me.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:29 AM
I just got my Fit and noticed that there are a lot of interior noises (rattling and creaking), other than that i love it.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2fit2kwit
I love my WeatherTech window visors. A little pricy, but it's worth it compared to the cheap ones. Weathertech visors go inside the window channel so they're more secure.
Have been thinking about getting these, I like the way they install better than the adhesive ones. Did you get the dark or light smoke color?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Rattles

My '09 has the same issues not helped by our crap roads. Two areas seem to be the usual culprits: (1) the 'legs' that support the folding rear seat cushions, and (2) the tool kit bag which just sort of sits against the spare tire but isn't actually secured. These noises aren't helped by hauling golf clubs & a push-cart around all summer...

Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Cool It's falling apart!

I own a 2010 FIT.

So far....

One plate light does not work and has burned out the wiring.

My AC resistor has blown - TWICE

I now need a new AC blower motor. One speed only (Where or who to get one from?)

Windshield Wiper fluid tank needs a new motor so I cannot clean my windshield . $160 plus just to fix at a shop...

I've only owned this car less than 2 years! (financed)

I'm not a happy camper.... Still have 4 more years on the note..

HUGE piece of shit!

I've owned a lot older cars and all this stuff worked!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
My driver side door isn't locking when I press the key.

and my car is dirty.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
My driver side door isn't locking when I press the key.

and my car is dirty.

There have been 2 or 3 recalls for issues with the driver door switch - if you haven't had yours replaced, take it in and maybe they'll wash / vac your car when they're done?

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit