General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dave_in_Delaware
I don't keep my high beams on when other motorists are approaching. But I would like to be able to see ahead of me in total darkness in farm country better than my Fit allows (compared to my previous car). There are a lot of critters that run across the road around here, and I'd prefer to see them before they get in line with my tires.
If your Fit is a GE model (I'm not sure if this applies to the older GD models) and it's just a matter of them being adjusted too low there is an adjustment. There is a spot behind each of the headlights that you can stick a phillips head screwdriver into from the top and twist it to adjust the headlights up or down. I did this a little while back on my 2012 and it made a big difference in the low beams as they were adjusted way too low from the factory.

-Dustin

Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Yep, changing to better bulbs and raising the beam was one of the easiest and most useful things I did with the car.

I just parked about 20 feet behind a average height car and raised the beams up until the cutoff was on the bumper. I lost a little illumination directly in front of the car, but who cares, you should be looking way down the road, not 5 feet in front of the car. High beams are like daylight in wooded areas lol

Old 10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
your highbeams are probably dull and worn out since the automatic daytime lights use the highbeam circuit at a lower voltage, causing excessive wear and tear.
I would hope they're not dull and worn out already. I've only had the car for 8700 total miles (brand new 2013, bought back in April). Do the bulbs wear out that quickly?

Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 AM
No. The stock bulbs suck and the factory headlight aim sucks too. Change both and you'll be golden.

This was my personal experience, take from it what you will.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Whoah, no need to bring personal experience into the middle of rumor and speculation. Calm down a bit.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
I would hope they're not dull and worn out already. I've only had the car for 8700 total miles (brand new 2013, bought back in April). Do the bulbs wear out that quickly?
Bulbs do not wear out. That is they do not get dimmer over time. THey either work or they burn out all of a sudden.

I have cheap H4 bulbs from China. Much whiter and brighter at about $8 a pair. About two+ years n this set. I also put them in my van. Excellent bulbs.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Bulbs do not wear out. That is they do not get dimmer over time. They either work or they burn out all of a sudden. Using the high beam at reduced volage for DRLs does not affect longivity that much.

I have cheap H4 bulbs from China. Much whiter and brighter at about $8 a pair. About two+ years n this set. I also put them in my van. Excellent bulbs.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Whoah, no need to bring personal experience into the middle of rumor and speculation. Calm down a bit.
Sorry about that, thanks for pointing out the err of my ways

Old 10-07-2014, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by demouser
I have cheap H4 bulbs from China....... Excellent bulbs.
When recommending something, it's even better if you insert a link to it. Just copy the URL of the page and paste it.

I doubt if ALL cheap H4 bulbs from China are excellent----probably just the particular ones that you have experience with.

So, which ones?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:05 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
I don't keep my high beams on when other motorists are approaching. But I would like to be able to see ahead of me in total darkness in farm country better than my Fit allows (compared to my previous car). There are a lot of critters that run across the road around here, and I'd prefer to see them before they get in line with my tires.
100% agree. I used to do a great deal of driving on lightly used roads after dark as part of my commute to/from work.

I did aim my headlights upwards somewhat, as has been suggested here; they definitely were aimed low from the factory. This adjustment does not cause you to blind oncoming drivers -- unless you go too far of course!

I also tried other bulbs in the headlights. In spite of manufacturers's claims they really didn't make enough difference to be worthwhile. The only real improvement comes from adding watts, and there are no higher wattage bulbs that fit the stock headlights.

I wound up mounting a pair of H9 high beams in the lower grille and wiring them to come on with the high beams. Mounting them that low was not ideal but it looked good and was relatively easy to do.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
It's not always about the wattage, beam pattern is important. Nightbreakers have a much tighter pattern than standard bulbs for example and a pretty long range, but are dimmer to the sides than the other bulbs I've used. Having used 3 different types of bulbs other than stock I can verify the differences.

If you are looking for higher wattage, you can use the H4 Nokyas with the harnesses to get you 90W. I will be trying these next, shortly... I just had to get ExtremeVision out of desperation since one of my bulbs went out at an bad moment but i'm not going to wait for them to fail to replace them.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
It's too loud for me.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by EddyTrickz
It's too loud for me.
engine-wise or exhaust-wise?

if engine, get a valve adjustment. Makes a significant noise reduction IF your car needed it.

exhaust-wise, this car is too quiet. It needed a good muffler to make it sound good and bump up the volume a tad bit

Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
It needed a good muffler to make it sound good and bump up the volume a tad bit...

...so you can hear what your car is doing---over the increasingly loud siren on the car that's quickly closing in behind you. Hmmm... his red, blue, and white lights are flashing VERY brightly. I wonder if they're Nightbreakers? I'll have to ask him here in a moment.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:56 AM
I've got to agree with the fact that the front hangs low enough to scrape on things at stock height, and also blind spots are pretty terrible. I find it absolutely RIDICULOUS that even the base model doesn't have even the cheap folding armrests as well. >:[

Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
What I don't like about the Fit

Originally Posted by Wave
The dead pedal issue is easily fixed by going to zetaproducts.net

My only gripe? Every damn kid in a Honda civic with a fart can mistakes me for a Civic SI at night and wants to race!
Wow! I've noticed that! Sometimes I smoke them and they get PO'd because a 46 year old mom beat their a**. Most times I wish I had a turbo installed.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Door windows drip inside

The door window design directs rain water into the car and directly onto the arm rest window and lock switches. I'm in the southwest where it really helps to leave a window or two "cracked" to let out some of the heat. Any leads on reasonably priced external window visors ?

Old 10-23-2014, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joncee11
The door window design directs rain water into the car and directly onto the arm rest window and lock switches. I'm in the southwest where it really helps to leave a window or two "cracked" to let out some of the heat. Any leads on reasonably priced external window visors ?
I like to do the same, problem here is rain can happen even when not in forecast. First time I opened the back windows about an inch didn't notice the gap it produces on the the side, if the sheild was designed to cover the side back edge it would be an air scoop

Old 10-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by joncee11
I love my WeatherTech window visors. A little pricy, but it's worth it compared to the cheap ones. Weathertech visors go inside the window channel so they're more secure.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 PM

After having my GD3 for a little over a year here is what still irks me.

1. Doors not locking/unlocking with ignition (this is a pretty basic function that will be fixed when I get an alarm)

2. I have to find the exact location of the roof leak. It is driving me nuts!

3. The fuel gauge is nowhere near accurate.

Last edited by 2poler; 10-23-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit