General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
I went from a 2013 Sport model to a 2019 EX model a week ago. Right away I didn't care for these:

• Smaller cup holders.
• No passenger-side vent cup holder.
• Driver-side vent cup holder having a hinge built into it to make it smaller. This allows for condensation to spill out whenever I take a turn.
• No hidden compartment under the back seat. Not that I used it often, but when going on vacation, it was a nice place to hide my stereo removable face.

Those are quality of life changes I'm not fond of between the 2013 and 2019, though I do love all the tech upgrades. Bluetooth, cameras, sensors, etc., which out weight the cons.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Came most recently from a 2017 Toyota Tundra. I have previously owned: 2000 Civic Si, 1989 CRX, 2001 CRV, 2008 Pilot.

Just purchased a 2018 Fit EX manual. I have had it a little over a week.

-Lack of storage - especially, where do you put your phone when its plugged in for CarPlay? If you put it behind the cup holder and have a cup, it isn't convenient especially for short trips. Sunglasses? I ordered that replacement for the driver's side oh shit handle, but there could have been an overhead option.

-No homelink/no compass - I really liked knowing which was I was going when I was in an unfamiliar city. I know I can put on CarPlay and it shows it there, but what if I am not wanting to be on the maps screen? I have auto braking, lane departure, push start etc. but no homelink with compass? I saw someone wired it in, that will be in my future.

-A touch oversensitive on the auto braking. Especially in situations where a car is turning in front of me. I know it is about to clear the lane, the system does not.

That is about it for now. All of these are not deal breakers by any means. So far I am pretty pleased with it.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cruciarius
I went from a 2013 Sport model to a 2019 EX model a week ago. Right away I didn't care for these:

• Smaller cup holders.
• No passenger-side vent cup holder.
• Driver-side vent cup holder having a hinge built into it to make it smaller. This allows for condensation to spill out whenever I take a turn.
• No hidden compartment under the back seat. Not that I used it often, but when going on vacation, it was a nice place to hide my stereo removable face.

Those are quality of life changes I'm not fond of between the 2013 and 2019, though I do love all the tech upgrades. Bluetooth, cameras, sensors, etc., which out weight the cons.
good input, the little things in life .... do matter

was there anything that you found as, welcoming?

Originally Posted by BrokenLimits
Came most recently from a 2017 Toyota Tundra. I have previously owned: 2000 Civic Si, 1989 CRX, 2001 CRV, 2008 Pilot.

Just purchased a 2018 Fit EX manual. I have had it a little over a week.

-Lack of storage - especially, where do you put your phone when its plugged in for CarPlay? If you put it behind the cup holder and have a cup, it isn't convenient especially for short trips. Sunglasses? I ordered that replacement for the driver's side oh shit handle, but there could have been an overhead option.

-No homelink/no compass - I really liked knowing which was I was going when I was in an unfamiliar city. I know I can put on CarPlay and it shows it there, but what if I am not wanting to be on the maps screen? I have auto braking, lane departure, push start etc. but no homelink with compass? I saw someone wired it in, that will be in my future.

-A touch oversensitive on the auto braking. Especially in situations where a car is turning in front of me. I know it is about to clear the lane, the system does not.

That is about it for now. All of these are not deal breakers by any means. So far I am pretty pleased with it.
welcome, and nice first post!

in regards to where to mount your phone .... I have mine mounted using this product =
Amazon Amazon

I have it centered, abover the main 2 vents

Old 07-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks!

I have always found those kinds of mounts very tacky. Totally understand the utility, just not for me.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
lol, full agreement on tacky. I bought 3 from amazon, returned 2 that I hated. the one I have suits my needs and looks not TOO horrible

Old 07-23-2018, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
good input, the little things in life .... do matter

was there anything that you found as, welcoming?
The tech upgrades. Bluetooth, without needing an aftermarket stereo unit. Backup cameras, lane watch camera, push start, keyless entry, the stereo itself is much nicer than the 2013 sport model. Automatic headlights.

Do have another complaint, though it's more about Apple Play, which I assume works much like Android Auto. Phone has to be plugged in to use it, which I guess is ok, but I dislike when I do something on the touch screen, it changes what's shown on my phone. Like say I want current tracks displayed on the stereo, I can't keep it that way when checking my email, for example. Obviously not done while in motion. Only when in park.

Oh and I'm not a fan of the small compartment for the phone to sit in, behind the cup holders. That, plus the long USB cable Apple provides gets messy with the wire. I know I can get a 3rd party shorter cable, but 3rd party cables tend to crap out faster than Apple branded ones, even if the Apple branded ones turn black and the casing splits fairly quickly.

I feel like the trunk of the 2013 Fit was a little larger than the 2019 model as well. At least I know it was wider anyway.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cruciarius

I feel like the trunk of the 2013 Fit was a little larger than the 2019 model as well. At least I know it was wider anyway.
I don't recall the exact numbers, but when I compared our GD to the GK, our GD had more space in the rear. More space than our Golf has also.

Funny considering they are all larger. The GD's and GE's are masters of space in a tiny package.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Cup holders

There are too many cup holders, last time I counted there were 11 but they multiply like Tribbles. My wife wants to have a bottle of water in everyone. I would get two miles more to a gallon if I could talk the water weight out of the car. In other words I love my Fit.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
The only thing I really hate about my 2017 GK is the hollow sound the front passenger door makes when you close it.... it sounds as if the reinforcement bar inside it was unglued or separated from the outer panel..... a honda dealer mechanic told me there was probably nothing to do since it happens to random models and it appears to be a manufacturing defect...

The other thing is the squeaking sound sometime the front seats make, but this happens sometimes.... not everytime...

Other than that im loving it ...

Old 08-02-2018, 07:42 PM
I just upgraded to a 2018 Fit from a 2007. I don't get why they don't give us a proper arm rest. Also, the 2018 is far louder than the 2007. It's kind of weird.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Fit
I just upgraded to a 2018 Fit from a 2007. I don't get why they don't give us a proper arm rest. Also, the 2018 is far louder than the 2007. It's kind of weird.
Rode in a buddies 2018 and I said the exact same thing!? Even ours with 133k on the odometer and having just about every inside panels removed for various reasons was wayyy quieter!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
That's opposite my experience - we have a 2018 EX and a 2011 Sport and the GK is most definitely quieter than the GE.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Going on a month with my 08' and still have a tough time getting comfortable in it. Are the 09-12 gen 2 better?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:41 PM
They still have no armrest in them??? Best thing I bought for my 08 was an armrest.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisA70
They still have no armrest in them??? Best thing I bought for my 08 was an armrest.
I bought an aftermarket armrest for my 07. I'm going to have to look in to something for the 18 as well. you can buy a proper arm rest for $300+ from Honda, but that's just absurd IMO.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:23 PM
I bought an aftermarket armrest for my 07. I'm going to have to look in to something for the 18 as well. you can buy a proper arm rest for $300+ from Honda, but that's just absurd IMO.
$50, and I would have paid $150!!! Worth every penny.

Honda back then dropped the ball with the no armrest, and even worse, NO DEAD PEDAL!!!!

Old 08-02-2018, 10:34 PM

Honda back then dropped the ball with the no armrest, and even worse, NO DEAD PEDAL!!!!

that is more or less what I bought for my 07. I'm very pleased that the 18 does have the dead pedal. i thought it was weird that the 05 Civic had one, but not the 07 Fit

Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Ah! I just pulled the trigger on that!
You can get it for less than USD40 on Aliexpress.com: Sign up a new account and you get a $4 coupon, and the seller of the link below is currently selling for USD44 (+$1.50 shipping to Canada) with an additional $1 discount because the item costs more than USD39 (looks like the promo ends in 3 days, after which the price jumps back to USD55). The downside is, shipping times can be very long for Aliexpress.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO BUY THE RHD ARMRESTS! There's a whole range of Jazz armrests for the Right-hand drive world, but those have a notch where the e-brake is, so they wouldn't fit (ha ha) our USDM/Canadian Fits.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ACCE...ceBeautifyAB=0

Old 08-03-2018, 01:32 PM
I love it. It took 2 weeks to get but was worth the wait. $49 free shipping.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:51 PM

I'm glad the 18 has the dead pedal. even the 05 civic had it. I was shocked the 07 didn't.

As for your arm rest, I had something similar. But I haven't seen any products for the 18. Though I'm sure it exists out there. There's no rear seat cup holders that my old (and I assume your) armrest rested in.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit