What you DONT like about your Fit - Page 145 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What you DONT like about your Fit

Old 10-09-2018, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Yes it does once it goes to park, the accessories shut off if memory serves correct.
Well I tried this and am not too happy with how it works. I can place the transmission in neutral while stopped with the engine running. Turn off the ignition. Radio stays powered. Placing the transmission in Park kills the radio. So I would have to either keep my foot on the brake, or set the emergency brake and remain in neutral. Many vehicles will have retained accessory power, usually for 10 minutes, as long as no doors are opened. Just another thing on the list of annoyances.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:11 AM
My Fit does keep the power on for 10 minutes after I shut the car off. At least power to the radio and windows. My 2005 Accord does it too.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
My Fit does keep the power on for 10 minutes after I shut the car off. At least power to the radio and windows. My 2005 Accord does it too.

I donít know if the push button start has anything to do with it.

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by LLLC1393 View Post
2015 EXL has no aux audio input jack, while lower trims do. The radio does not show any time info, elapsed or remaining, when playing music through USB or Bluetooth. Comfort access unlock, ONLY unlocks the driverís door when placing your hand in the driverís door handle outside. Instant fuel economy gauge serves no real purpose for me. The material on the floor where peopleís feet go has no resemblance to carpeting. No retained accessory power when switching off the engine for the radio. This is significant to me. If Iím on the phone or listening to music and park, I must leave the engine running until finished.
In the LX, all you have to do to keep the radio on, once you turn off the engine, is to make sure the key is in the "accessory" position. I would think that there must be an accessory "position" in the Fit EX models with pushbutton start-stop, is there not? Owners Manual pg 117.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator View Post
In the LX, all you have to do to keep the radio on, once you turn off the engine, is to make sure the key is in the "accessory" position. I would think that there must be an accessory "position" in the Fit EX models with pushbutton start-stop, is there not? Owners Manual pg 117.
When you turn off the ignition all power to the radio and any accessories stops. You can turn on the push button start to the accessory position AFTER turning the ignition off, but cannot turn off the ignition and move to the accessory position seamlessly.