General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I generally really like my car. It is handy and well-designed, very efficient, and handles and drives very well.

I don't like the way the trim and fittings are wearing - and it seems impossible to protect the car from the wear. I could understand a car with a worn looking driver's seat at 50k miles, but 5k?

This morning as I was driving to work I saw a brand new Audi A6 Avant with dings and scratches all over the bumpers and the car was completely filthy. So...

Maybe I just need to get over it. The principle, though...the Fit is 7 months old!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
sorry i just dont wanna read 45 pages to see if someone has commented on the flip down visors - HOLY SHIT they suck when flipping them to the side to block the sun, they are absolutely WORTHLESS!!
someone please make a desent replacement drivers visor, i'd give top dollar for a real useable one!!
thats my biggest gripe

Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Ha - vtecfit1 you hit it solid!! I couldn't agree more. Only threads I've seen regard that chunk over the rear view mirror. I guess no one is driving south in the AM. I've installed door visors and they help, but only after a certain hour and they are not a solution for sure.

As far as the visibility issues I've found that this breed of car takes some time getting used to when trying to see out - certainly out the right rear when merging or backing. My experience told me the FIT is much better than others out there - not a fish bowl like the "Cube" but really not bad once you get to know the port holes.
K_C_

Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
That tiny back window's a blind spot, I think it's too high up and useless IMO. Other than that I love my fit.
They are pretty niffy if you actually turn around to check your blind spot. The jokers around here just love to drive in blind spots.

A few things that I don't like about my Fit...

1. Its an auto. (Paddles got old after 6 months )

2. The engine feels lazy below 3K RPM. (Penney pinching to fix that)

3. The open diff. doesn't help during spirited drives or merging into traffic from a stop in the rain.

4. The headliner and the pillars are a strange light gray, they would have looked better as a darker gray like the seat's inserts.

5. How you have to buy an entire fog light assembly just for the damn housing.

6. How in the front, the driver's side is lower than the passenger's side. (I think that is due to the gas tank)

7. How easy the plastic interior is to scratch.

8. How my butt and legs goes numb after driving it 3+ continuous hours. (I fell in a parking lot while getting out because of this. )

9. How hard the rims are to clean. (Need new shoes soon anywayz)

10. How I have to prop myself up on the center console to see when reversing.

11. How the wind would sometimes have sudden, hard gusts come inside the car and hit me directly in the face or throat. (Slim visors fixed that)

Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Hootie I like your list. Now I'm really glad I got the MT

You mention rain. I'm guessing it's through the windows, but on my recent trip I drove through some heavy continuous rain - not the showery type, more like a monsoon. I kept getting this sensation that fine droplets of water were hitting me. I've got the A/C on coming out the uppers fan speed at "1".

I'm convinced that water finds its way into the ventilation system on my 2010 Sport. Nothing I could pinpoint with certainty but a few times on the drive [420+miles one way] I was sure it was happening.

What did amaze me, however, is how completely dry the engine bay was.

Also, I just installed door visors on the front and like them for what you state - and, BTW, the windows were all closed when I sensed the water floating through the interior somehow.
K_C_

Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
I was talking about rain on the road. Whenever I leave a stop light and cross the over the white line or I'm leaving a driver and accelerating to get the speed limit, the open end diff always lets one of the tires (even with 205/55s).

I've never experienced any feeling of water droplets hitting me during a heavy downpour, plus I rarely use the fans and/or the AC. It could be that you had your AC on fresh air and the droplets entered through the fresh air ducts.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Well that's funny, because the Fit actually has better visibility than any other hatch of the same year...one of the main reasons I bought the GD3 Fit was because of the visibility compared with the Matrix or any other smallish car. All the cars these days have smaller windows and less visibility. The Fit has larger windows than most, although I think the GE8s do have a little less visibility than the GD3s.

Yeah, come to think about it, I think you're right. I guess I just have to get used to it. I just got the car about 3 weeks ago,and before getting the Fit I drove a truck for about a year so you can see everything through that back window.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
It certainly lacks the performance and visibility of any motorcycle over 250cc displacement that has been on the market in the last 1/4 century.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
No automobile is perfect.

A lot of these complaints are things I think either are personal preference and/or modifications that people can do themselves.

A lot of them are things that shouldn't of suprised anyone..

My list of what I have discovered I don't like --that is something I think Honda should fix, change or address is pretty short.

I know it's an economy car and Honda's entry level model BUT...

Carpet that feels like it was popped up in a Kleenex box. Too cheap..

No locking gas inlet cover. Thus no inside release. (whatever the additional cost of having this, I would of gladly paid it....I don't like messing with a locking gas cap, and I don't like the idea of it just being open....nothing I can really do about this....)

I live in a state where you can't legally pump your own gas, so a locking gas cap means always having to hand keys to an attendant...and then hoping he/she can get the cap off, and remembers to return your keys...it's a pain. It would of been nice if Honda would of offered a releasing cover that locked...my 17 year old honda that I traded in had one...suprising to step back in this area......

...not really on the list...slightly annoying..the turn signals don't respond automatically (clicking themselves off) when turning to my liking. Not a flaw, or defect or anything broken, just they have a tendency to stay on...I've adjusted and now am used to just clicking them myself most of the time...

If it was a perfect world?

Adjustable seats...maybe even with a heated seat option.

I would of bought a factory moonroof if one was available.

But I knew all along that this wasn't the deal.

Overall...this car continues to suprise me with it's gas mileage, utility and overall outward visibility, roominess and comfort...along with the deserved cliche that it really, in my opinion, IS fun to drive.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
MPG is alright i guess i hit 31 mpg mainly all highway but the thing i don't like is the A/C it kind of suck... during idle its blow cool air instead of cold and of course A/C takes way too much power from the engine i know its a small economic enigine but its really slow lol

Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Love the car so far BUT...
The car has 15K on it and the Brakes, i believe, are Warped (i always checked the torque values and never wash it when the car is hot)

The mpg hasn't been all that great...combined 28 mpg (and the wife is the daily driver)

Small gas tank...have to fill up a little too much

no dead pedal

no arm rest

no 6th gear

no usb

no respect from the other dummies on the road

still think its a great car, but these would have made it spectacular.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
alright soooo...... one thing I really can't stand in the GD3 are those big ass back seat head rest. I swear it's too fucking big and they create such a blind spot when you look over your shoulder. I took the seats down to reduce it and its much better. I see in the GE8 the back seat head rest are much smaller so I guess they did find it be be bothersome.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Sometimes driving the fit is so much fun it's like being at the amusement park as a kid and going on the rides.

Sometimes I get flashbacks to the Ferris Wheel and the time it got stuck when I was at the top. The wind picked up and the cart started rocking back and forth, back and forth.

Sometimes when I notice the loose spot in the drivers seat, I roll down the windows and scream...get me down! Get Me Down!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
alright soooo...... one thing I really can't stand in the GD3 are those big ass back seat head rest. I swear it's too fucking big and they create such a blind spot when you look over your shoulder. I took the seats down to reduce it and its much better. I see in the GE8 the back seat head rest are much smaller so I guess they did find it be be bothersome.
Do like I did... take the stinkin' things out and store them in your closet.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
It certainly lacks the performance and visibility of any motorcycle over 250cc displacement that has been on the market in the last 1/4 century.
Well, not exactly. What's the performance of a 250cc with 5 people on-board? Visibility would probably suck worse on the bike, also, with 4 people sitting behind you.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
The only thing I DON'T like about my GE8 is the bumper-to-bumper warranty...My Del Sol had no warranty so I could do whatever I wanted performance wise, but unless it's Mugen or Honda brand parts, I can't do any building on my new Fit, which makes me sad.

But, with that warranty, came the lucky 6-day 0.9 Financing rate! Can't complain about that...

Plus the fact that a dealer does almost anything in their power to get out of fixing your car free if you mod it...ugh.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
That really depends on the dealer

Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
They should have put the 1.8L civic motor in it. That's it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
That really depends on the dealer
That's true, but this dealer is really uptight about it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
-How the Handbrake trims are cheap!! It's broken on mine... A recurring problem on Fits in sub-zero temps...

-How easy it is to engage the ABS... A crack on the road when you brake and it's on!!

-The ralative lack of performance parts for it!

-The 1.5l Engine that is in my opinion useless in Honda's Lineup as the R18 seems to be easier on gaz and more powerful!

-All the strange noises and rattles that make Fits LOOK CHEAP!!

Marko!!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit