General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rretter
Not the fact that the speedometer is completely hidden by the steering wheel, nor that Honda hasn't just done the one truly useful thing Toyota did in the Prius -- the upper-dashboard display -- but rather:

They included the little display in the middle of the speedometer that *isn't* blocked by the steering wheel and can be set to display any of *four* different modes... none of which are of the least interest (though I suppose that's arguable) but *none* of which include the current speed.
The steering wheel is adjustable. I have mine set up so I can see the gauges nicely through it.

As far as the speed display, I guess I got use to my old Subaru where the speedometer worked when it felt like it.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Speaking of keys, does the Fit key seem a bit oversized to anyone? Having the key portion stick out from the remote portion makes the thing a bit much to carry around in my pocket. Though I may have gotten spoiled by our Prius key being a remote with embedded key portion (thereby eliminating clunkiness). And, of course, the whole keyless-entry-and-ignition feature which means only having to *carry* the remote and never *handle* it.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by x_25
The steering wheel is adjustable. I have mine set up so I can see the gauges nicely through it.
I know. I set it for reach & feel, since I find those aspects more important than easy speedometer visibility. The really galling part is being a software engineer and so knowing how someone explicitly chose *not* to make speed an available item when implementing the display options. It would have been exactly no more trouble for them to have made it available.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
lol. Should've bought a different car then.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 AM
I know. I set it for reach & feel, since I find those aspects more important than easy speedometer visibility. The really galling part is being a software engineer and so knowing how someone explicitly chose *not* to make speed an available item when implementing the display options. It would have been exactly no more trouble for them to have made it available.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe it was a Friday before a long weekend when the design team finalized the decision. Or MINI hijacked/recruited the (digital) programmer.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 AM
mmmmm.... the horsepower??
would be nice if it has 170hp at least

Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Just picked up a 2008 Fit Sport with 50k for my commuter. I can't believe these don't have center console armrests!? I'll have to go aftermarket because I've got the ghetto lean going.

Also, I'm sure I'll get used to this (and I partly like it), but it is so much more jumpy on the throttle at takeoff. My 04 Civic EX had more HP but didn't lurch like this Fit. Again, this responsiveness is something I like too.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KingZ
Just picked up a 2008 Fit Sport with 50k for my commuter. I can't believe these don't have center console armrests!? I'll have to go aftermarket because I've got the ghetto lean going.

Also, I'm sure I'll get used to this (and I partly like it), but it is so much more jumpy on the throttle at takeoff. My 04 Civic EX had more HP but didn't lurch like this Fit. Again, this responsiveness is something I like too.
I hear 'ya. Even if you don't have the "lean" driving stance, the right elbow keeps looking for an armrest.

Here's something most of us have done to cure the throttle issue: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post659875

Welcome aboard by the way!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
it is so much more jumpy on the throttle at takeoff. My 04 Civic EX had more HP but didn't lurch like this Fit.
Jackrabbit starts according to eco posts will kill mpg, post above gives the solution to feel and will save you gas.
I noticed it also when I bought mine, it will be my next fix, mainly to be able to relax the leg with the foot on the accelerator.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
I hear 'ya. Even if you don't have the "lean" driving stance, the right elbow keeps looking for an armrest.

Here's something most of us have done to cure the throttle issue: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post659875

Welcome aboard by the way!
Just read the 6 page thread, this will be done tomorrow!!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Just read the 6 page thread, this will be done tomorrow!!
Like you, I had the same reaction about the gas pedal feel and response so I did the mod and it helped. Hope it works for you. Good luck!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
The spring mod was one of the first things I did on my GE8 actually. Made driving it much better.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
The only real wish I have for the Fit is a 6-speed manual. The current 5-speed is GREAT, with nice short fun gearing. Attacking on-ramps in 2nd @ 6800 RPM is especially invigorating but at highway speeds I'd like one more gear to keep the RPM's closer to 2K.
Perhaps the next Fit could also have direct injection to improve both power and fuel efficiency. Seeing this on the new Accord is good sign, as well as pressure from Hyundai/Kia that now have this in the Accent/Rio.

Other than that, everything else can be addressed through either DIY projects or the aftermarket.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I wish the seat would let me move the seat futher back. Carpet sucks too. Other then that, a great lil car to get me to work and back.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM
The drivers seat comfort stinks. My back feels like a yetti ripped it open. They really need to fix the issue

Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
5 speed

Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4
The only real wish I have for the Fit is a 6-speed manual. The current 5-speed is GREAT, with nice short fun gearing. Attacking on-ramps in 2nd @ 6800 RPM is especially invigorating but at highway speeds I'd like one more gear to keep the RPM's closer to 2K.
Perhaps the next Fit could also have direct injection to improve both power and fuel efficiency. Seeing this on the new Accord is good sign, as well as pressure from Hyundai/Kia that now have this in the Accent/Rio.

Other than that, everything else can be addressed through either DIY projects or the aftermarket.
Look at the bright side ,you can always use 5th gear as a speedometer,multiply 2500rpm x 2= 50mph 3000= 60mph it is approximate but, there's the bright side.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I freaking hate my Fit Sport insurance!!!!
I can't believe the cheapest car in Honda line has the most premium on insurance...

My '13 sport full coverage by allstate is most I've paid compared to my previous cars in my sig... THIS IS CRAZY!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unethikl
I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I freaking hate my Fit Sport insurance!!!!
I can't believe the cheapest car in Honda line has the most premium on insurance...

My '13 sport full coverage by allstate is most I've paid compared to my previous cars in my sig... THIS IS CRAZY!!!
Might be in the name Sport, and the mods being done to the little "cheap car" I had the same shock too. AARP cut my insurance in half previous years, with the Fit it came back to what I was paying before the deep discount. Too easy to call any accident a total loss, check some of the members accident reports found in the archives.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unethikl

Looking at the cars u had in your signature... u got married.. had kids, and now its game over and u only have a van and a fit.

Damn, i'm gonna make sure this doesn't happen to me!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit