General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM
I did test-drive.. test drive vehicles are generally old and handled in a rough manner by many people... so expectation from a new car would be obviously higher.
The car does have more issue other than doors.. like lights dimming on switching on the A/C or on applying brakes.. seems Indian version different from international version....
The A/C vents give air in wrong direction is an issue..
I have even made a comparative video of cabin sound (in decibels) of different cars.. and FIT exceeds in cabin noise..
seems many in this forum failed to notice the issue

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

"I bought a car that I don't like and now i'm suing!"

None of those are defects.

Idiot.

Isn't dimming of Lights while appyling brakes a show of poor engineering and is very likely to affect other electrical appliances -- voltage fluctuation..
Does your car emit air out of front corner vents when you set a/c air direction to 'Feet' only ??

Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
High Expectations

Originally Posted by neilsatyam
Isn't dimming of Lights while appyling brakes a show of poor engineering and is very likely to affect other electrical appliances -- voltage fluctuation..
Does your car emit air out of front corner vents when you set a/c air direction to 'Feet' only ??
Some sudden voltage fluctuation when turning on the a/c is normal , specially with the little battery on the FIT, the charging system almost immediately compensates for that,the cabin sound ,heck it is not a Rolls Royce, you bet you are going to have a zillion decibels.,the air vents,man are you serious? some air is always going to those ducts and vent doors and go where ever it pleases,just like water and electricity , they follow the easiest path.I have a feeling this is all a big joke on your part,or this is your first car and have nothing else to compare it with. Anyway, I suggest you try and learn to live with it.it is a good means for transportation , decibels and all. JJ

Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
I did test-drive.. test drive vehicles are generally old and handled in a rough manner by many people... so expectation from a new car would be obviously higher.
The car does have more issue other than doors.. like lights dimming on switching on the A/C or on applying brakes.. seems Indian version different from international version....
The A/C vents give air in wrong direction is an issue..
I have even made a comparative video of cabin sound (in decibels) of different cars.. and FIT exceeds in cabin noise..
seems many in this forum failed to notice the issue
Test drive vehicle should either be the same car you plan to buy or exactly like it.

Not sure what to say about your AC problems, fix it perhaps?

As far as road noise, you might have some other issue there. I have read 9 or 10 reviews of Honda Fits, and each one mentions that road noise is on par or quieter than comparable vehicles. Now, if you are comparing the road noise of a Fit to say that of a Audi A3, you might have a point.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
The round corner vents are, presumably by design, connected to the heater/AC all the time independently of the air output direction control. If you don't want air coming out of them, swivel the louvers themselves closed. (The Fit isn't the only car that is constructed that way, incidentally.)

Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
The round corner vents are, presumably by design, connected to the heater/AC all the time independently of the air output direction control. If you don't want air coming out of them, swivel the louvers themselves closed. (The Fit isn't the only car that is constructed that way, incidentally.)
Nope, I have driven is many cars where even if you have all the settings to off you can still feel a slight breeze coming out of the vents.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM
^All these vent complaints I do not experience.

Put vents to recirculate and fan off and there will be no air, at least that's how mine is. If you open the fresh air vent of course you will have some air if you are driving. Yes you can direct to feet or face with the knob, works fine.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by jjsifo
Some sudden voltage fluctuation when turning on the a/c is normal , specially with the little battery on the FIT, the charging system almost immediately compensates for that,the cabin sound ,heck it is not a Rolls Royce, you bet you are going to have a zillion decibels.,the air vents,man are you serious? some air is always going to those ducts and vent doors and go where ever it pleases,just like water and electricity , they follow the easiest path.I have a feeling this is all a big joke on your part,or this is your first car and have nothing else to compare it with. Anyway, I suggest you try and learn to live with it.it is a good means for transportation , decibels and all. JJ

hmmm..
I agree that voltage fluctuation can happen... but that doesn't happen in any other car.. I also own world's cheapest car "Tata Nano", even in that car, the lights doesn't go dim when I switch on the A/C.. which has a much poorer battery.. so it seems Honda failed to calculate the ampere/volt/watt correctly !!
When comparing cabin sound, I am comparing it to cheaper cars not costlier ones-- I know costlier cars will have MUCH lesser cabin noise..
About A/C ducts, its not 'some' air but its majority of the air that comes out of the corner vents.. I accept that air can't be fully cut off, but in my car, the corner vents remain on anytime, it never gets cut off.. thats the issue.. had it been some air, I wouldn't even have reported it as an issue..

Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
^All these vent complaints I do not experience.

Put vents to recirculate and fan off and there will be no air, at least that's how mine is. If you open the fresh air vent of course you will have some air if you are driving. Yes you can direct to feet or face with the knob, works fine.
Agreed...
but in my car, the knob even when turned to 'feet only', the front corner vents emit air with much force..

Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned plenty of times, but 105 hp isn't very exciting. Dying to shoehorn a K24 into there.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Bad jazz

hmmm..
I agree that voltage fluctuation can happen... but that doesn't happen in any other car.. I also own world's cheapest car "Tata Nano", even in that car, the lights doesn't go dim when I switch on the A/C.. which has a much poorer battery.. so it seems Honda failed to calculate the ampere/volt/watt correctly !!
When comparing cabin sound, I am comparing it to cheaper cars not costlier ones-- I know costlier cars will have MUCH lesser cabin noise..
About A/C ducts, its not 'some' air but its majority of the air that comes out of the corner vents.. I accept that air can't be fully cut off, but in my car, the corner vents remain on anytime, it never gets cut off.. thats the issue.. had it been some air, I wouldn't even have reported it as an issue..
OK, let's assume then, you bought yourself a lemon, a car that may have been assembled on a Monday,when everybody was hung over,,it happens!! have you checked if every car or some copies at that dealer have the same issues,even though all those issues are relatively normal but not as severe as in your car,if your car is the only one with such "alarming" problems then do what you have to do.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
pretty sure it's been covered but smart ECU is lame for nullifying any potential gains from exhaust, intake, etc. Need turbo + hondata asap!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Fitderp
pretty sure it's been covered but smart ECU is lame for nullifying any potential gains from exhaust, intake, etc. Need turbo + hondata asap!
So, does that mean making any such upgrades is pointless?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by DefStatic
So, does that mean making any such upgrades is pointless?
Well not pointless if you like a "sportier" sound from your fit, or if you plan on getting hondata once released and start playing around

Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
The gas mileage could be better, but part of it is the city!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
OK, let's assume then, you bought yourself a lemon, a car that may have been assembled on a Monday,when everybody was hung over,,it happens!! have you checked if every car or some copies at that dealer have the same issues,even though all those issues are relatively normal but not as severe as in your car,if your car is the only one with such "alarming" problems then do what you have to do.
I did check four other cars here...
all had same issue..
can u ppl help me out... can you please tell me if your car too emits air out of the corner vent when you switch to 'feet only' ??

Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
all had same issue..
can u ppl help me out... can you please tell me if your car too emits air out of the corner vent when you switch to 'feet only' ??
lol yeah thats how its designed. the side vents are always open

Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
all had same issue..
Yes it does,and road noise is aso high,and the air conditioner dims the lights a bit for a moment then it kind of normalizes and the damn TPMS light is always on,and it is not as fuel efficient as it should be (of course sometimes I drive like a maniac)but I have owned several cars,some new ,some used and there is no perfect car in that price range, so I live with it and I find it to be a reliable car,even with all these issues.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Yes it does,and road noise is aso high,and the air conditioner dims the lights a bit for a moment then it kind of normalizes and the damn TPMS light is always on,and it is not as fuel efficient as it should be (of course sometimes I drive like a maniac)but I have owned several cars,some new ,some used and there is no perfect car in that price range, so I live with it and I find it to be a reliable car,even with all these issues.
Haha yea my fit on feet only setting defrosts my windshield, warms my feet and comes out of the top vents all at the same time. Weird but yea it does odd things like that. The noise level isn't that bad after I added extra weatherstrips and low cost u seal roof flashing sound deadening in the doors and open cavities.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM
all had same issue..
If the round side vents are open, air comes out of them if the main selector knob is on defrost, or floor, or dash, or any of the in-between settings. If you don't want air coming out of them, twist the louvers over until the solid round part closes the vent off.

My 2001 Chevy Prizm had the same basic design idea, but the vents were rectangular rather than round and had a separate knob by them to shut them off. I think my 1996 Chevy Prizm prior to it was similar. My 1984 Mazda 626, prior to the first Prizm, also worked that way, but the side vents could also be switched to a direct vent to the outside (bypassing the fan, heater, and A/C).

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit