General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
I think my biggest complaint were the visors. They are pretty much useless when trying to position them to shield the sun on the driver's or passenger side doors. Good thing the OEM door visors took care of that issue for me.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Not enough MPG for the power it makes :/

No passenger door unlock

Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by bb1lovin
Not enough MPG for the power it makes :/

No passenger door unlock
What kind of MPG are you getting? I've gone through 3 tanks of of gas since I had it and the lowest cumulative MPG I had was 34.8, my MPG before I just filled up today was 36.9

Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Rusty parts under the window when your fit is made of china....

Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
No handy map light. My wife finds the passenger seat to be uncomfortable on long trips. MPG meter is as reliable as a politician's statements.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
the fact that it cant get out of its own way in terms of acceleration I belive that the fit should have come with Hondas r18 engine as opposed to the l15 which is lacking in power .. both get similar gas mileage and the r18 has significantly more power than the l15 hopefully with a few mods I can get a lil more juice outa her might have to go with an emanage system tho cause seems like one of the big things holding the car back is its weak tune the is programed from Honda in the factory ecu

Old 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by fireemt24
the fact that it cant get out of its own way in terms of acceleration I belive that the fit should have come with Hondas r18 engine as opposed to the l15 which is lacking in power .. both get similar gas mileage and the r18 has significantly more power than the l15 hopefully with a few mods I can get a lil more juice outa her might have to go with an emanage system tho cause seems like one of the big things holding the car back is its weak tune the is programed from Honda in the factory ecu
Hondata

Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Idk why people complain about acceleration. If you wanted to trounce people on the highway you should've gotten a different car.

The Fit does 0-60 in less than 9 seconds which is pretty good I'd say for an economy car.

And I feel like the only people complaining about mpg are the same people complaining about power because they're just winding out the little 1.5 liter engine to try to get power and killing their mpg in the process. You can't expect good mpg if you drive like a douche, you can still have fun, just need to know when to ease up on the pedal.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeJxn
I bought a used 2010 Fit two weeks ago and so far the only thing I don't like about it is the paint quality.

Unfortunately it was a cloudy day out when I went to see the car and I just loved the car so I wanted it, and a week later when the shitty Chicago weather started to clear up I could see all the swirls in the paint and man is it bad. So I'm try to remove those by hand. I've never seen a car with swirls as bad as this paint has, I'm so picky and fussy idk how I missed it at the dealer lol. Oh well
It sounds like this is more a result of the previous owner waxing it or having it waxed by someone who didn't know what they were doing. Cars with the best pain can be ruined by someone with a buffer and half a brain. That said...I'm not sure how good the quality of the paint is on these cars (because I just got mine last week) so please take my response with a grain of salt.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
swirls have nothing to do with bad paint... however, the paint on the Fit is pretty thin

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
I have had my car for 2 months and there are many light scratches, swirls, and chips in the hood already. Seems the clear coat is thin on these cars.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I've had my 2013 Fit base auto 4 months and don't like:

1) front-center cubbies for cups.
The cubby arrangement is behind the auto shift stick - it should be the other way around as on the CR-V. But there are a lot of other little cubbies so it's a minor issue.

2. MPG ratings city, hwy.
When I do a lot of expressway driving I'm averaging upper 30's mpg as some claim here - maybe 40 if I stay 55-60 mph, but if I do about 50% suburban and big city driving, I'm averaging 30 mpg, with city driving averaging 24.5 mpg (city: according to the display, the other mpgs were determined by odometer and gas pump meter gallons). I think the 28 city/35 hwy/31 combined would more accurately be 25 city/39 hwy/31 combined (using the 55% city, 45% hwy EPA formula for combined).

3) The confusion of my Honda dealer's personnel over how the "immobilization" system works. My Honda Fit comes with two keys which have a built in chip required to start the car. So I don't have a valet key, since the key will unlock the door and cause the engine to turnover when you try to start, but the engine won't start without the key with the built in chip.
So what happens when the battery dies to open doors, etc. Does the chip still work? Or do I need to carry a spare battery and tools to open the key and replace its battery? Still don't know.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM
After owning it for 8 months now...
1. Fuel Milage is ok... but not spectular.
2. Fuel Tank is very, very small...
3. You can see the cost cutting measures that were used.
a. tiny fuel tank.
b. tiny, tinnnnnnny battery.
c. Only one 12 volt outlet?
d. Drum brakes... that is SO 1980s on a econo car.
e. The brakes are very, VERY weak in stock form. Ditch the 4 bolt and put the civics 5 bolt system on and save yourself scads of money but paying for one part only....
f. The L15A has more room to upgrade, but you MUST get rid of that head/exhaust combo... this is super cost cutting and hinders any use of this engines future. Even a modded B16 would have been able to get better milage and WAY more hp. Plus it probably would have been super low cost due to components being paid for 20+ years ago. Even the mild R18 as mentioned above.
g.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by MickinMD

The cubby arrangement is behind the auto shift stick - it should be the other way around as on the CR-V. But there are a lot of other little cubbies so it's a minor issue.

When I do a lot of expressway driving I'm averaging upper 30's mpg as some claim here - maybe 40 if I stay 55-60 mph, but if I do about 50% suburban and big city driving, I'm averaging 30 mpg, with city driving averaging 24.5 mpg (city: according to the display, the other mpgs were determined by odometer and gas pump meter gallons). I think the 28 city/35 hwy/31 combined would more accurately be 25 city/39 hwy/31 combined (using the 55% city, 45% hwy EPA formula for combined).

3) The confusion of my Honda dealer's personnel over how the "immobilization" system works. My Honda Fit comes with two keys which have a built in chip required to start the car. So I don't have a valet key, since the key will unlock the door and cause the engine to turnover when you try to start, but the engine won't start without the key with the built in chip.
So what happens when the battery dies to open doors, etc. Does the chip still work? Or do I need to carry a spare battery and tools to open the key and replace its battery? Still don't know.
Lol...its an RFID chip it is energized when you put it in the ignition. If you open your key fob there is no wires going to the actual key element.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM
yes the key still opens doors. The RF immobilizer is just for the ignition.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
I hate that I have to smudge the window when closing the door in order to prevent getting the shit shocked out of me.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
I hate that I have to smudge the window when closing the door in order to prevent getting the shit shocked out of me.
Haha. I just got mine a week ago. It shocks the hell out of me everyday. Dafuq??

Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Honda is actually working on technology to harness the static electricity of a few fits to power a small town. They should have more than enough power

Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MickinMD

I agree with the cup holders being in front of the shifter. At a little over a week of ownership I have already been annoyed by this design flaw.

As for the gas mileage...at least 95% of my driving is city driving and I just filled my tank up for the first time in 11 days averaging 29.5 mpg. How do you drive? Do you have a heavy foot?

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I just bought mine a week ago and have gotten around 24 mpg according to the dashboard. I have only driven 50 miles or so though so I am not sure how accurate it is. 95% of it was city driving.

While I don't push it hard my commute is only a few miles each way. So by the time it gets up and running I get to work and turn the car off. So for me I am wondering if it is just because the engine is not as efficient until it gets warmed up.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit