General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
The 2018 has this but it's pretty expensive: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/pr...08U89-T5A.html

For my 2015, I installed one of these that I found on eBay. It was inexpensive and added a bit more storage:

Old 08-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
The 2018 has this but it's pretty expensive: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/pr...08U89-T5A.html

For my 2015, I installed one of these that I found on eBay. It was inexpensive and added a bit more storage:

Per the instructions, it looks like installing this thing is a huge pain in the butt.

I really love Honda, but garbage moves like giving us a non-functional arm rest just so they can get a cash grab of a functional one really bothers me. At least with the older Fits, the aftermarket solutions were inexpensive. but at $234 I may as well buy the factory one and have them install it (which i won't do). I think i'll just get myself a small little pillow.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
had my 2016 ex-l for about a month now. my ONLY complaint is the placement of the heated seat switches. they are right behind the little junk tray i always throw my phone in and ALWAYS turn on one or both of the heated seats. small complaint. but that's the only thing i dislike so far

Old 08-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Name:  rPYowMm.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  1.58 MB

Take that Honda (squished together neck travel pillow)

Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Brooklyn Fit, you know you won't actually get arrested if you remove that tacky-looking "do not remove under penalty of law" tag from the neck pillow.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ChrisA70
Going on a month with my 08' and still have a tough time getting comfortable in it. Are the 09-12 gen 2 better?
Our GD has a dead pedal and the JDM center console with armrest, so take that into consideration with the following...

My Mom has a 2011 Sport Auto and a good friend has a 2009 Sport manual. Our GD, with the above additions, is far, far more comfortable than their GE's. I find the GD seats much better than the GE and the entire seating position less awkward. I like the stiffer chassis of the GE, but overall much prefer the GD.

A car as new as the GD shouldn't need functional changes to be comfortable, but it just does. Add the dead pedal, armrest, and, if you have the budget, a steering wheel spacer to move the wheel closer to the driver, and it's not bad. Like I said, shouldn't have been required, but...

Old 08-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Our GD has a dead pedal and the JDM center console with armrest, so take that into consideration with the following...

My Mom has a 2011 Sport Auto and a good friend has a 2009 Sport manual. Our GD, with the above additions, is far, far more comfortable than their GE's. I find the GD seats much better than the GE and the entire seating position less awkward. I like the stiffer chassis of the GE, but overall much prefer the GD.

A car as new as the GD shouldn't need functional changes to be comfortable, but it just does. Add the dead pedal, armrest, and, if you have the budget, a steering wheel spacer to move the wheel closer to the driver, and it's not bad. Like I said, shouldn't have been required, but...
I did install the armrest, made a HUGE difference there. I added that Jeep dead pedal, but I need to attach a flat sport pedal to it with some more angle to it as it is too upright. I need to slant it more somehow for a natural foot position. I fight with sitting comfortably in it, aka where to put my feet, rest my left arm, the big ass door pull is in the worst possible place on the door armrest. Elbow killer.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I see the problem...you're missing a pedal

I think my next purchase will be an extension to move the steering wheel further out. I think that will have the driving position good enough for my taste. Wife made it almost 200k miles with it the way it is, but I need it further back. Modern cars with full electric adjustable steering wheels have me spoiled.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I see the problem...you're missing a pedal

I think my next purchase will be an extension to move the steering wheel further out. I think that will have the driving position good enough for my taste. Wife made it almost 200k miles with it the way it is, but I need it further back. Modern cars with full electric adjustable steering wheels have me spoiled.
Lol, nah, I did the 5 speed thing for years, tired of it. My last manual was my 2002 Pathfinder. It was cool having a rare 5 speed one, but I got tired of shifting.

This Fit I bought has another 200K +++ left in it. It only has 53142 miles. An actual old lady car.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:08 PM
I've had my 2018 Fit EX-L for a little over a week now (bought it brand new). So far I love it, which I can't say for my last car, which I bought new and drove for 22 years.

So far, only a few things bug me, and they're all things that I can train myself to deal with.

The A pillar blockage is bad. Not as bad as some new cars, but worse than others. It's absolutely vital to do that little head-duck in both directions to check for pedestrians (or even larger moving objects, like bread trucks), especially in parking lots and at intersections. I came from a car with 1996 standards for roof strength, so that meant a pretty big adjustment no matter what new car I got.

There's no convenient place to stash the phone when it's connected to the car via the USB port. So far, I just throw it into the bin in front of the cupholders, but it's not elegant.

The dearth of covered storage/stowage. There's the glove box, the center console, the spare tire compartment, and that's it unless you pony up for the cargo area cover. This could be a good thing, because it's forcing me to drive around with less luggage; so far, I haven't missed anything.

None of the cup holders can securely hold an 0.75L Camelbak bottle. I downsized to 0.6L Camelbaks, but find I need to carry two. Also, none of the cup holders are particularly conveniently placed. Mind you, my previous car had NO cup holders, so in my head this is still a big upgrade.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Not a lot of power adding options

I really wish someone would make a complete turbo or supercharger kit for my Fit. I have a 2018 Sport. I know Sprintex makes a nice kit but only for the second generation fit, and there are some options as well for the first generation fit. I know its an economy car, but it still could be a cool little sports car with a supercharger and some coilovers!

Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
I still wish I could use Waze on my built-in touchscreen.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Shadow Smith
I still wish I could use Waze on my built-in touchscreen.
If you go aftermarket and have an iPhone and do CarPlay, the upcoming release of the newest operation system will allow third-party apps such as Waze and Google Maps.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Not a fan of the gear ratio from 1st to 2nd on my 3rd gen.

Not really sure if there's anything that can be done about it.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
Why? The first gear is just to start moving. It has to be as low as it is because the engine has relatively low end torque and the car being fully loaded would struggle to start on the inclines...

Old 08-15-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I hate how cheap and rattly my '08 Fit Sport shift knob is.
It's a great size and weight, but feeling it rattle and creak underhand drives me nuts.
I stuck on a weighted stainless steel ball (1lb) to replace it, but the heft seems too much (feeling much less feedback).

Nothing $10 on Aliexpress won't cure though...

Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
My '15 squeaks and rattles sometimes.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by daiheadjai
It's a great size and weight, but feeling it rattle and creak underhand drives me nuts.
I stuck on a weighted stainless steel ball (1lb) to replace it, but the heft seems too much (feeling much less feedback).

have you tried a Type-R style shift knob? i had one on my GD long time ago and it transformed the car. i too agree that the knobs on these cars are pretty crappy.. luckily my current GK is cvt my wife uses so knob design isnt much of an issue.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
have you tried a Type-R style shift knob? i had one on my GD long time ago and it transformed the car. i too agree that the knobs on these cars are pretty crappy.. luckily my current GK is cvt my wife uses so knob design isnt much of an issue.
I actually have a Buddy Club short shifter coming in. I'm going to see if the heavy knob I currently have feels good with that. If not, I'll go for one of the Type R style knobs. Just not sure if it'll be the spherical kind like in the CTR or if it'll be the DC2 ITR style tear drop.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by daiheadjai

I went down a similar path but only because my stock shift knob started coming apart. I currently have a 1lb steel ball knob and am not digging the lack of feedback. I'll probably just buy a fresh stock knob soon once I find a good price. If the rattle you're talking about is the one in 5th gear, that's actually coming from the shifter assembly itself and no knob will fix it.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit