General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
IM loving all of my GK5.... except the freaking spiders issue.... my wife told me she saw one between the a pilar an the front left fender go into the engine bay.... and today(bout 6 months later) i saw one on the outside of the rear right passenger side window..... the worst part is i couldnt see where it went or if it fell off, since i was driving...... how the hell do i get rid of them!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2019, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
IM loving all of my GK5.... except the freaking spiders issue.... my wife told me she saw one between the a pilar an the front left fender go into the engine bay.... and today(bout 6 months later) i saw one on the outside of the rear right passenger side window..... the worst part is i couldnt see where it went or if it fell off, since i was driving...... how the hell do i get rid of them!!!!!!
Unless there is something in the car attracting them it has more to do with where you live. Do you live around a lot of trees?

Old 04-07-2019, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Unless there is something in the car attracting them it has more to do with where you live. Do you live around a lot of trees?
Yup.... i guess that could be the reason... since the fit is pretty clean on the inside.....

Old 04-07-2019, 11:59 PM
I hate the TPMS sensor on my 08. It's always on since I have after market wheels on it.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
What causes the blindspots on the Fit? Would a convexx mirror fix that?
Bought two, very small rectangular convex mirrors that glue/stick on both my outside mirrors. Saved me already! Got at O'Reillys.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:43 AM
the infamous GD hatch leak that rotted a hole in my spare tire well.

No real temp gauge, only dummy lights. :/

That weird clutch damper thing that completely kills the pedal feel. tpms is a drag too but not actually a problem. I haven’t driven it in snow or “tested” the ABS yet either....

and I wish there was easier access to the front and accessory side of the motor.

And there arent really many aftermarket parts!

Other than that, it’s one frickin’ awesome car

Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by NEGD3
the infamous GD hatch leak that rotted a hole in my spare tire well.

No real temp gauge, only dummy lights. :/

That weird clutch damper thing that completely kills the pedal feel. tpms is a drag too but not actually a problem. I haven’t driven it in snow or “tested” the ABS yet either....

and I wish there was easier access to the front and accessory side of the motor.

And there arent really many aftermarket parts!

Other than that, it’s one frickin’ awesome car
There's actually a lot of Aftermarket parts for GD3

Old 05-16-2019, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mizike
I didn't notice last winter so much but this winter, every time it was below freezing, the wiper washer fluid lines would freeze up rendering it inoperable. And Ive tried different wiper fluids.

Very annoying when driving in slushy conditions.

Otherwise, still a fantastic little car.
You probably have "summer" washer fluid in the reservoir. Freezing washer fluid has nothing to do with the car, it is entirely a consequence of the fluid. Very few cars (probably not any) have a system for warming the washer fluid when the car is not running. Just buy washer fluid rated for the minimum temperature in your area. You can leave it in all year round.

Last edited by nomenclator; 05-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:49 PM
I use the rain-x winter washer fluid. Never had it freeze in -25 to -30C.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
You probably have "summer" washer fluid in the reservoir. Freezing washer fluid has nothing to do with the car, it is entirely a consequence of the fluid. Very few cars (probably not any) have a system for warming the washer fluid when the car is not running. Just buy washer fluid rated for the minimum temperature in your area. You can leave it in all year round.
I used to live in Flagstaff, AZ (elevation: 7000'), where the temperature can get well below zero (F) at night in the winter. But a lot of these retail distributors apparently thought, "Oh, this is Arizona, we'll give them the 20-above windshield washer, no problem." Result: No washie until I'd driven about 90 miles down the hill toward Phoenix! Didn't take me long to wise up and look for the anti-freeze type -- but if you just buy a jug of "windshield washer fluid" without checking, you freeze!

Old 07-04-2019, 11:23 AM
road noise other than that i love my 18 6mt

Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM
The only things that I do not like about my GK5 that I cannot change is:

- flipping blind spot due to the A pillar design.
- steering effort is too light.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson

I know what you mean and what helps with my blind spot is this cheap, little convex mirror I stick on both my outside mirrors! Before I do any lane changing I try to make sure to glance in that little convex mirror before moving and that has helped save my arse more than once!

Small convex mirror

Old 07-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Ha ha! I meant that I can't see into the turns/corners due to the blindspot caused by the A pillar. I have no issues seeing out of either of my mirrors.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Ha ha! I meant that I can't see into the turns/corners due to the blindspot caused by the A pillar. I have no issues seeing out of either of my mirrors.
Oh--------I didn't know what an "A" pillar was! Close enough. :-) Actually, I do have a problem with cars coming up beside me in my blind spot and those cheap little mirrors really work for me.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:05 AM
The lack of horsepower or torque.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member

On my 2015, I also think that the power steering assist is too much. You don't get good road feel at high speed. Yet the assist at low speed when parking and doing 3-point turns, is too much. So the "progressiveness" of the progressive power steering isn't arranged well. The A pillar does cause som interference with vision when turning or navigating curves but that doesn't bother me as much as the steering. My understanding is that some improvements to the steering have been made in later models. Has anyone driven both a 2015 and a later model year with the improved steering? I'm not sure if they changed the effort you need for turning the wheel. Perhaps they may have only configured some correction for oversteer, into the power steeriing system..

Old 07-15-2019, 11:36 AM
On my GD3, the sunvisors. When moved to the side window, they don't come far enough back, and the sun is always in this gap.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
I am a huge fan of those wee mirrors. Best $3 mod you can think of 😊.

All you have to do is glance at it. Because it's so small there's no detail and you can't see very far back, so things are simple. Can you see a car there? Then you'll hit it. No car? You can change lanes without worry.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:52 AM
My new 2019 Fit LX frustrations at 600 miles are:
  1. 1A USB port - will not charge nearly drained modern smartphones (resulting in battery accessory or phone charging error - phone expects to rapid charge at 2A from 0-80% then kicks amps down to 0.5-1A for remaining charge)
  2. water/rain on the top of the car will roll into the cabin (open window of course) on right-hand turns
  3. A/C output temperature and capacity to maintain a comfortable temperature is poor (even with ECO mode off and driving 40 mph)
  4. glare on the windscreen from the defrost plenum and daylight sensor cover
  5. no great floor mat options (see my comments on my WeatherTech Floorliners here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ies-gk-92.html)
  6. cheap floor carpeting material
  7. fit/finish of the door and hood to the frame - gaps are different widths - this used to be a quality hallmark of Honda
  8. MPG calculations appear to be only while motion (I'm averaging about 10% mpg lower with gas receipts/miles driven) vs. the calculated mpg
  9. Key when attached to a key ring with other keys keeps pressing the shallow fob LOCK key - setting off the door locks and draining the keys battery - solution - only the Honda key goes in one pocket
  10. Poor dehumidification in the Winter months. With only 1 person in the car, this car takes 28 miles with the DEFROST at 100% (no floor; vent to open; ECO mode on; fan at 3-4) to rid the interior and windows of internal dew
  11. Snow accumulates and ice forms in odd places - resulting in wiper issues, doors sticking, and the like (it's like Honda never rain and Winter tested this vehicle

Last edited by Jazu; 12-11-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: adding more dislikes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit