General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Paint Peeling from Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I sure hope they fix this soon. I plan on ordering my fit within the next month or two, and I really don't want to have to send it right into the shop soon after I get it.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
I called Honda 800# today and they said there was nothing out yet as far as a paint known defect/recall but said they would definitely report it and the more poeple who call in with the issue the more likely they will issue something.

So I urge anyone who has this problem call Honda!

Old 07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Nothing on my SSM Sport yet, but it only has ~260 miles on it.

Does anyone think we could just loosen the screws at all the pinch points to preven this from happening? That or it could be worse since the parts will slide back and forth more? ... hmm. It can't be worse I guess, I might try loosening the screws just a hair.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
I called the number today as well and reported the same issue.

They said they have no recalls as of yet but if and when enough of you call make sure you leave your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) with them to ensure a more rapid response to this matter.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
that's good...I'm seeing a lot more people calling Honda directly as well...this will def speed up the process when they know this is not an isolated problem...once Honda confirm this defect, the dealers can't say no to the repair...

Old 07-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Damn. It's happening on my SSM too. She's got about 5000 miles on her. I'll call the dealer tomorrow...

Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
happening on my Tafetta White as well. Both front and rear bumpers. My front bumper is being replaced already because of the hole the dealer drilled into the front. Have to make another call into Honda about the paint peeling at the corners now.

Just shy of 3000 miles.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
For those who are getting repairs - please post if they are repainting the bumpers or doing a complete replacement.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Just checked my NBP- looks like paint is peeling from all four corners Should I call the number first and then go to the dealer?

I'd like to go to a dealer that others in the Bay Area have already established precedence with so I will have less issues with the Service Manager- anyone done this yet?

Last edited by fit_4_a_king; 07-31-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_4_a_king
Just checked my NBP- looks like paint is peeling from all four corners Should I call the number first and then go to the dealer?

I'd like to go to a dealer that others in the Bay Area have already established precedence with so I will have less issues with the Service Manager- anyone done this yet?
I'd call Honda first and get to the dealer...they will ask you for your VIN# and your dealer...this will speed up the process...

Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I just drove up to a local dealer and told them about it and they just said alright, bring it in and leave it for about a day and we can fix it for you! I hope that includes a loaner for the time being.. I got work! but I will try and get it in by the end of this week

Old 08-01-2006, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
WOW - after noticing the paint peeling on the four corners of the bumper, I started to go over other parts of my Fit, and noticed that there is paint peeling on the roof. On my NBP it is on the driver's side closer to the rear, along the rain channel, but on the roof side. I will try to get pics up tomorrow.

Now this is getting out of control. It appears that Honda will have to paint both bumpers, possibly the front fenders and rear quarter panels, and now the roof. That's pretty much the whole car except for the doors and hood.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Mine is chipping too at the joint (Bumper @ body). 9,000+ miles on a US Fit.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I took mine into the dealer i purchased it from, they said the should be no problem and handed me a warranty card and gave me a pamphlet with the location of the bodyshop that does their work. The whole thing took about a minute and he said that they fix anything to my liking including repainting both front and rear bumpers.

Not sure what that means but I do have a couple door dings already that I would like removed.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
I just noticed it happening on my front driver side It's tiny but its starting to peel... I wonder if they will be able to fill in that hole that the dealer made for my front license plate

Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
that is exactly how I got my windshield warrantied
What about the windshield????????????????

Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
well, I just took another look at mine. and there is peeling. not to the exposed part. but where the bumper and the rear right quarter panel meet. You will never see it unless you gently push on the bottom of my bumper to expose in between the gap. Almost positive they wont really do anything since it isn't really exposed yet.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ladsfamily
What about the windshield????????????????
oh, there were quite a few ppl getting cracks in their windshield. i took my car to HONDA here locally and showed them my crack. they said it was from a rock, i said i know. then I went into the office with him. asked him if I could use his computer a second. he said sure. then I showed him the cracked windshield thread. then they said, "okay, we'll order you a new one" had a factory honda windshield installed in within 4 days. no cost to me

Old 08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Took it to the dealer today, have an appointment to drop it off in two weeks so they can get me a loaner.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:42 PM
paint issue on rear bumper sides

at about 900 miles i noticed that my silver fit had paint peeling issues on both sides of the car where the rear bumper attaches to the body. i immediately showed my dealer and they took care of the problem quickly. i took it to a very reputable body shop and they repainted the peeling areas. my dealer even provided me with a rental car for a couple of days while the fits rear bumper was being fixed. the repainted rear bumper looks good and is hopefully better painted now. so far the front bumper has no issues and i hope it stays that way. it looked like the original damage was done when the bumper was being installed on to the car. the owner of the paint shop who fixed my fit told me he has repainted several different models of hondas (accords, pilots) with the same peeling issues, so i think its an assembly issue at honda. anyway my local dealer took very quick action to fix my fit as quickly as possible.

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling from Front Bumper