General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Paint Peeling from Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Argh!!!!

If I hadn't been so bored at work and surfing this site I would've never looked at my fit. Passenger rear is starting to smudge or peel. I looked at my Odyssey and the panels or creases between the bumper and body don't look as tight as the fit. Why so damn snug? I called and they say take it to dealer. Don't I want to wait until all four corners are having an issue? I'm afraid they won't paint one now then one later?????

Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Golof
I was drying off my car after a wash and noticed my paint peeling on my front driver side roof. The passenger side rear bumper paint just wiped right off when I lightly wiped it dry with a microfiber. I thought it was only my car now I see how many of you had this same problem. I went out to my car after seeing this thread and just noticed peeling on my front passenger side near the headlight and fender. I am pissed.
is there any way you could post a picture of the peeling from the roof?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Finally got my Fit back with the repainted bumpers. They said they had to shim the bumpers to Honda specs(b.s.-added flat washers) so that it won't happen again. To be honest it still looks as tight as it was before but the car looked brand new again. I am happy with the results and it was a good two day turn-around. Hopefully I wont have to go back there for the roof if that becomes an issue.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jits14
Finally got my Fit back with the repainted bumpers. They said they had to shim the bumpers to Honda specs(b.s.-added flat washers) so that it won't happen again. To be honest it still looks as tight as it was before but the car looked brand new again. I am happy with the results and it was a good two day turn-around. Hopefully I wont have to go back there for the roof if that becomes an issue.
wow, 2 days?? that's quick...the paint must still be fresh...you should avoid parking in public for the next couple of weeks for the paint to fully cure...i'm still anxiously waiting for mine...they told me a good couple of days or a week...

Old 08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
Alright, I got a call back from Honda saying they are going to pay for a loaner car! so my car will be at the dealership for a day or so to get FIXED!!
I got an 07 F150 for the Loaner.. Extended cab V8... I like looking down at people and blinding them with the chrome rims hehe

Old 08-19-2006, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Why is it that some cars have this problem, and some dont??
Is it the batch??
My car # is 120, and I bought it on 4/20. No problems (yet, knock on wood). 3.3K on it.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
#37xx here and a tad peel on right rear!

Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Golof
I was drying off my car after a wash and noticed my paint peeling on my front driver side roof. The passenger side rear bumper paint just wiped right off when I lightly wiped it dry with a microfiber. I thought it was only my car now I see how many of you had this same problem. I went out to my car after seeing this thread and just noticed peeling on my front passenger side near the headlight and fender. I am pissed.
any luck with the paint on the roof? i have the same problem --- they are going to pain my hood and touch up my fender but i am getting a song and dance about "acid rain" being the culprit. and they didnt even want to deal with the hood of my car.

but the car just scratches so easy. i put my sirius antena on the roof and then removed it to relocate it and where the area it was had just scratched up. that darn acid rain. going to have to cover the car in plastic wrap.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by coldstorage5
Why is it that some cars have this problem, and some dont??
Is it the batch??
My car # is 120, and I bought it on 4/20. No problems (yet, knock on wood). 3.3K on it.
what color is your car?

Old 08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
just look at my 2 fit's and all is good. i will be looking every day now. and hopeing it still like it is now

Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
All I can add to this is that the paint on my hood of my NBP is horrible. I am just gonna have my buddy resquirt it and throw on some extra clear.
is it just your hood or your roof too? honda is repainting my hood. you sould look into having them do it, its a problem.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:08 PM
i havnt had any paint peel off yet but the paint scratches so easily... it makes me cry inside when i see small light scratches

Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by jits14
Finally got my Fit back with the repainted bumpers. They said they had to shim the bumpers to Honda specs(b.s.-added flat washers) so that it won't happen again.
I think I'll just go out and add washers myself before the issue occurs (1200 miles on mine, no peeling -yet-). If you can get them off, could you post the size/dimentions for the washers they added?? THANKS!!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roenyc
is it just your hood or your roof too? honda is repainting my hood. you sould look into having them do it, its a problem.
so far, just the hood

Old 08-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
This is the back right corner of my bumper. Just noticed it today.

TRIM ATTACHED:

TRIM PULLED BACK:

This next image is where the screw holds the trim pieces on. I'm going to get washers that fit the screws, and put them inbetween the trim plastic and the white plastic that the screw goes into. Should give it a slight gap to prevent rubbing, as well as keep it stiff so as to prevent more abrasion anywhere else.

Once I get the washers, I'll post pics of them and how the gap looks.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:57 AM
i went from getting 35MPG to about 8MPG

dropped it off today and this is what they gave me... sooooo not used to it

Old 08-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
^ Huh? Wrong thread bud

Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Packy
^ Huh? Wrong thread bud
well if you look a few pages back and see that my bumper was peeling its not the wrong thread... thats the rental car they gave me when i dropped my car off to get the bumper repainted

Old 08-22-2006, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
White sport M/T doing it too

Last night I found this thread and this morning I looked close at my FIT. Sure enough it's doing it too. Called the (800) 999-1009 for the U.S.A. and was told to simly take it to the dealership. No case number or mention of a return call. Here are a couple pics.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9...derear1zd6.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9...derear2ys6.jpg

Took delivery of my FIT on 5-29-06. There are a couple other FITs in this small town, when I get a chance I'm going to stop by where one of the owners works and see if theirs is doing it too.

I have 4983 miles on it so I may just wait and get the oil change at the same time, plus they have to etch the windshield while it's there since they neglected to do so when they replaced it due to a stress crack.

Hope they let me use a s2k for a loaner. But I doubt it.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
well if you look a few pages back and see that my bumper was peeling its not the wrong thread... thats the rental car they gave me when i dropped my car off to get the bumper repainted
Oops, never mind then LOL

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling from Front Bumper