Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

ef civic hb our new Honda @117k

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
This W.E. is the head and new seats tommorow!
Here's the "headless horsemen"
You did a nice job cleaning the motor or was it that clean? Nice car.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Ride'n on Faith

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
You did a nice job cleaning the motor or was it that clean? Nice car.
No way Glenn this was your "A" typical No Love Car! It is straight and kinda clean but under the hood No Luv'n there! lol. Now she's just like the rest of us here; plenty of good works and love'n on her! It's so like the Lord is in my life I couldn't afford any of this, the EF all the parts and time but when I prayed about it there was a calm and so we did this! and when ever I need a part/ suppier or anything I pray about it and theres a side job and the parts are paid for, this is def. a project of Faith.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Nice pick up on the seats. Did you get them reupholstered or got them as-is? Looks like in real good shape!
As is!!Soob, It was the find of the month, haha.The pic is the P.S. seat the drivers need a pannel replaced and I'm pray'n on that right now.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Lookin good man! Should be a ton of fun!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
this is def. a project of Faith.
Never underestimate the power of faith, love and passion... Then again on the other side of the fence it's called lunacy!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
No way Glenn this was your "A" typical No Love Car! It is straight and kinda clean but under the hood No Luv'n there! lol. Now she's just like the rest of us here; plenty of good works and love'n on her! It's so like the Lord is in my life I couldn't afford any of this, the EF all the parts and time but when I prayed about it there was a calm and so we did this! and when ever I need a part/ suppier or anything I pray about it and theres a side job and the parts are paid for, this is def. a project of Faith.
That motor pistons is very clean. I have pictures of my sons engine and it has carbon build up and you can see the VE by the clean parts on the sides and knock damage by melted aluminum. My Faith has been tested lately but I kinda feel good about what I am learning.

I am thankful for a good job that I've been working with travel close to 70 hours a week. I am going to keep it up for as long as my health holds out. I might be getting a new Kenworth but I might have to take a new 48' lift-gate trailer too which means a 18 wheeler going into city neighborhoods which I dont want to do. The new laws make that impossible.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Post 1 step @ a time

Saturday was a memory test on how everything came apart lol and how it goes back together! placed the head and torqued to 22 ft lbs and then 49 ft lbs and went around 2 more times to double check. Lined up the timing belt and put it back together w/ new H2o pump and idler/tensioner, installed the crank pulley. Set valve lash and sprayed a little purple paint (1 of Rachel's fav. kolors)
Sunday cleaned up the intake and distributor, painted windsheild wipers.

AFTER

BEFORE

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-21-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good and I like the bleed over effect on the timing chain cover. Did you paint or powder coat it? Did you get it running yet?

EDIT: I see you painted it, its been a rough week with long hours working. I got the new truck.

Last edited by SilverBullet; 12-03-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Looks good and I like the bleed over effect on the timing chain cover. Did you paint or powder coat it? Did you get it running yet?

EDIT: I see you painted it, its been a rough week with long hours working. I got the new truck.
What is it and how are you like'n it?
I painted the cam cover and it was too shiny so I did a clear crinkle effect on it. The timing belt cover is Fusion hammered silver w/ purple clear around the edge.
Not running yet I hope to work on it tomorrow after church and get the intake cleaned up. You know Glenn it's alot of work bring'n a car out of the field to the street again, but it is soo much fun and enjoyment in the process . Drop this lil pup w/ new struts and 1.75" drop springs and get the stance we're looking 4.
Which reminds me time for the sandman....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
What is it and how are you like'n it?
Its a t440 Kenworth on a full frame -sleeper. I used to drive a 9200 Series International with a 15 liter motor. The new truck sits a foot higher and has a 17 foot wheel base and its like driving a straight truck towing a bus. I like it but with snow coming soon I have my worries. I get into some tight places and now that is real hard and soon to be impossible. Its has a 9 liter motor/ 6 speed auto and is under powered for Fuel economy but has a lot of features I like like a fan to cool the motor any time I want and a turbo timer I really like. Its actually quicker to 45 mph but after that no power. Leather interior and a lot of switches I have yet to figure out. No lift gate either, that is good. The best part is its mine as long as I work there and do not have to share it with anyone. Fuel economy is actually a little lower than the 15 liter. Today I average 5.8 but all week I got 4 mpg. People dont know what bad gas mileage is. The 15 liter I wound get 4.8 and on weekends 6.3 so I have to wait until it gets broken in before I comment anymore. Kenworth Truck Company

Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
It's a BIG'UN! KW are nice trucks, my brother i.l.(Mike) in PA drives too, mostly local, that and a John Deer w/A/C.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-04-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Its different than what I am used too and is very nice but just not for inner city where there is no room and people race around trucks even though the truck has the right a way. I do about 22 (average) stops a day with a volume run at the end.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
When I go from our F150 Supercrew to our Fit I feel like I'm driving a go kart. I can't imagine stepping out of a Kenworth into the Fit

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Its different, I am a step closer to my Peterbuilt 379 I want from my old avatar. I am used to the difference but now I take corners even wider.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I know that feeling. This is my daily grind drive. Real bumpy and slow as dirt. Makes my Fit a gorgeous ride home.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Whew, that's a lot a truck guys - B and SB! Ever watch IRT?

BTW, good job on the covers Big Mike! Purple rain, purple rain... :-)

Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Whew, that's a lot a truck guys - B and SB! Ever watch IRT?

BTW, good job on the covers Big Mike! Purple rain, purple rain... :-)
I watch almost every episode and they do treat some of the roads and the speed limit is a lot slower, That is why it takes about a week to cover a round trip. Snow is not too bad to drive on but ice is dangerous at any speed. It is dangerous job that I would not want to do.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Heheh... I'd take snow over ice anytime... Those death road episodes were somethin' else... Heck of a drive in a Fit eh! Oh yeah I think there were some Fits in the India episodes...

Old 12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
I missed the summer IRT but that is more dangerous, you have nothing to stop you from going over the cliff.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
I know that feeling. This is my daily grind drive. Real bumpy and slow as dirt. Makes my Fit a gorgeous ride home.

That is a nice rig. It would be hard to drive around here but then again you are not doing LTL stops in the city. The fit looks as big as your cab, so that must be nice after a days work.

Quick Reply: ef civic hb our new Honda @117k