Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Floor Mats, questions, answers, recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
On delivery, the driver's side actually had some vinyl looking thing instead of carpet. The carpet floor mats are a different animal altogether

Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
When we went to do the finances for the new car, they let us sit in the car and it had carpets. So maybe they had carpet mats in there when we first saw it, then took them out and replaced them with the all season ones.

Thanks!
John

Old 07-25-2006, 05:15 PM
If the dealer added the mats to your purchase check your purchase order or the addemdum label that should have been provided to you. If you paid for carpeted floor mats and they added all season as well then you should get both. The carpet floor mats run about $118 and the all season rubber mats are about $128.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
a tiny portion of teh carpet must be removed to install the hookss, which IMO are unnecessary.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Yeah, I'd check your sales reciept to see what you were actually charged for... carpet mats, all-season, or both.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
All set

We were charged only for the rubber mats. I guess they were testing out the fit (pun intended) on the carpet ones when we got in our car the first time.

Thanks for the quick and accurate replies!
John

Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Glad all is well!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Floormat oddity

Does anyone else find it odd that the floormats all have the mounting hooks where you have to go through all of the theatrics and instructions, except for the left rear? Might as well made that one mount too. Oh well, first addition to the car .

Old 08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I heard that the reason they do this is because it might interfere with the passenger airbag warning sensor thingy, though I find it hard to believe. I actually wish they didn't have hooks at all.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, the hooks stick up a little more than I'd like. I saved all the cut outs so I could patch them back in if I decide I don't like the hooks, or they break.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Retired Moderator
I didn't even bother with the hooks lol!!

Old 08-05-2006, 06:52 AM
The front floormats were easy to install. I didn't even try to install the rear (the instructions seem vague to me). Maybe someone can help me out.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Good news is you're done with the left rear. As odd and vague as the instructions are they are pretty accurate.
If you want to install the other rear, start by preparing the template(s). Once you get them folded up you should see a little quarter circle line where you'll cut and that will make the hole that will correspond with the holes in the carpet. To find them put your finger though the grommets with the floor mat in place and you'll find circular slits, after removing the mat cut those out. The templates have some arrows that will point forward. The template with the diagonal cutoff will be the back one. Now just center the template over the hole in the carpet with arrows forward (tape in place) and cut out the rectangle. Now just slide in the in the base of the mounts. You have to put them in sideways and rotate them under the carpet so you can see both holes then snap in the top. You can use a small screwdriver to put in one of the holes to hold the base part while you rotate it.

Good luck.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 PM
How did those floor mats work out for you? Do they fit well?

Old 08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Karvin Karl
Aftermarket mats are starting to appear for the Fit. I got a set on order from:
http://www.roadworksauto.com/lloydrubber.htm
Some what cheaper than Honda's offering.
Karvin, How did those floor mats work out for you? Do they fit well?

Old 08-05-2006, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I was interested in such a job but I am concerned about putting bolts and screws in the car since rust could start prematuraly... I am very happy with the all weather honda floor mats.
I did make a custom cargo mat with material I picked up at a fabric/foam store. I used comercial construction paper to make a templet. It came out perfect.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by big Fit
I was interested in such a job but I am concerned about putting bolts and screws in the car since rust could start prematuraly... I am very happy with the all weather honda floor mats.
I did make a custom cargo mat with material I picked up at a fabric/foam store. I used comercial construction paper to make a templet. It came out perfect.
That sounds great, I was looking at buying two slabs of rubber mats that you can buy at the Hardware store by the foot. Then doing the same thing, get some construction paper and mark out the template. I will post pics someday if they work out well and if I ever get my car!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by DriverFit
Karvin, How did those floor mats work out for you? Do they fit well?
I like them a lot! They fit well. A nice under statement…no logo BS
I wish I could get a photo to you but I’m quite busy, preparing for a biz trip to Brazil. They say 6-weeks
I got the black set, 4-pcs.
They took a while since mine was likely their first Fit.
Karl

Last edited by claymore; 08-07-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
left rear is where the muffler is positioned. the hooks keep the mats from sliding up over time ( a problem with many other cars). I can only assume they dont want you digging out the floor material over the muffler, because of the tremendous heat generated in that area.
I did cut the carpet, as instructed, to install the hooks, I think that was the first time my wife came to me and said "did they fit?". we both laughed.
joe

Old 08-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Master FitFreaker
I just installed the fronts

Quick Reply: Floor Mats, questions, answers, recomendations