2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Installed: Variable Intermittent Wipers 2009 USDM Fit Sport MT Non-Navi

Old 02-16-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, finally, I would like to know if this MOD works with a Honda Fit Sport AT (Canadian MKT), thanks in advance for your replys.

Another question? does anybody have the famous pins available, swap, sell, etc???

Luis

Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by luismycorreo
Hey guys, finally, I would like to know if this MOD works with a Honda Fit Sport AT (Canadian MKT), thanks in advance for your replys.

Another question? does anybody have the famous pins available, swap, sell, etc???

Luis
I finally have the part in my hands, and will try to find the time to do the install this weekend. I don't have the pins either, will likely install without the pins as others have in this post. It will be easier without the pins especially the Q connector side. I may have a pin lying around that fits the wiper switch side.

You likely have the required pin in the Q connector as we both have the same Fit model, but I would check for the pin before ordering the part. Hopefully I can provide some confirmation shortly.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Many thanks K-man, just another concern in my case, I have the Remote Starter installed and I think this system use the Q connector, anyway if someone of you have more information please share with us.

K-man how much did you pay for the piece??? and finally which part number did you selected?

Luis

Last edited by luismycorreo; 02-16-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by luismycorreo
Many thanks K-man, just another concern in my case, I have the Remote Starter installed and I think this system use the Q connector, anyway if someone of you have more information please share with us.

K-man how much did you pay for the piece??? and finally which part number did you selected?

Luis
The part number is indicated on the 1st page of this thread, its a CRV wiper switch. I tried my local Canadian dealer and they wanted something stupid like $70. I ordered from Honda of Fife in WA state and it was $25 USD LOL

I ordered the switch and a couple filters and it came to slightly more than what the Canadian dealer wanted for the switch.

Its currently -40 outside so even though I was hoping to install this weekend, looks like it wont happen.

I dont think the auto starter will impact the install, but I could be wrong.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Damn that's cold yo.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
As mentioned above its pretty freakin cold here so I have not unbuttoned the steering wheel trim but just readying myself for an install later this week, just have a question for those who have completed this mod.

The 8-pin wiper stalk connector, is there only 1 missing wire here? ie. no guessing where this side goes? there doesnt seem to be any discussion on this so I'm assuming this is why......please confirm, thanks.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

On the lower pic, it looks like there is nothing on the left lower spot, but actually that is the BLK cable...
There is only one spot free...
Which is sad because I wanted to add some intermittent variable function to the back wipe...

K-man, the reason why I try to complete any DIY as I start getting into it is because after few weeks most of details are forgotten... and is like starting from zero... that applies for the Automatic Heater Control DIY in so many ways!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by camivill

On the lower pic, it looks like there is nothing on the left lower spot, but actually that is the BLK cable...
There is only one spot free...
Which is sad because I wanted to add some intermittent variable function to the back wipe...

K-man, the reason why I try to complete any DIY as I start getting into it is because after few weeks most of details are forgotten... and is like starting from zero... that applies for the Automatic Heater Control DIY in so many ways!
Perfect, thank you sir.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
CONFIRMED!!

Auto (NON PADDLE SHIFT) models should be able to benefit from this mod. I have an AUTO 2009 Honda Fit Sport (Canadian non-paddle shift) and I completed this mod tonight, works great!

Thanks OP and all thread contributors! Maybe we should update the thread title.........

Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Guess you got my harness then? Good work!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Guess you got my harness then? Good work!
yessir, thanks again!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Good news k-man, however I'll wait some weeks more to do this, still so cold here.

Just one question? do you have some famous pins to sell - swap?

Luis

Old 10-05-2014, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed this on my 2013 US Fit Sport MT. I can confirm that the wiper pin is the same as a Honda radio plug pin, but I couldn't for the life of me find a Q connector pin. I ended up just making a random pin work though. Great mod, I'm very happy I did this.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Ehhhh....I don't know where to start, so many pages. Could you guys explain if this mod can be done on 09 Base AT Fit US version? And if yes, what parts i need to buy exactly?
Thank you very much.

P.S. I googled CRV part - but under that part number a bunch of differently looking Int.Wipers come up, so that's why I'm asking for exactly what is needed. A link would be much appreciated.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:04 PM
to summarize the last 18 pages for future searchers...this mod supposedly works on every GE **except for **Automatic Sport models with paddle shifters.

i have a 2009 Honda Fit sport North American version with paddles, and can confirm it is missing the pin needed. i managed to take a pic of mine...in pic its the pin hole second from left on bottom.

i wish op updated first thread reflecting this didnt work on Automatic GEs....before i bought a new stalk. im happy i at least discovered it wont work before actually running wires and replacing the stalk though!

oh well back to ebay it goes lol

Old 10-04-2021, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered the stalk for $25 as this part is getting older. I'll be doing this mod to my 2010 which I'm planning to run until the junk yard calls.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Holy COW! I'm the last person to post on here. Well, over a year later and I finally installed the stalk. I still need to connect the wire to the Q plug but the wire is run. I went with a janky wire install. I stripped the wire way long, test fit, folded the wire over and installed into the stalk plug. The stalk still works like the default one for now but I will finish up and test it out.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
I've had the stalk since I bought my 2012, but have been too chicken to install it :-) plus I didnt buy any wire or q connectors. Someday maybe. Hope yours works.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by msbxiv
I've had the stalk since I bought my 2012, but have been too chicken to install it :-) plus I didnt buy any wire or q connectors. Someday maybe. Hope yours works.
Yeah. No connectors for me. The worst I can have happen though is that it's no different than stock. I did zip tie the cable at the stalk after I inserted it. Hopefully it's just "good enough" to last.