2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Installed: Variable Intermittent Wipers 2009 USDM Fit Sport MT Non-Navi

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone have any pins left? I have a stalk but no pins

Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
s30
Great pics and write up! Now to put this on my to do list.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry for being late in this. I have a late production '10 base model AT and while installing my remote start I decided to take a look. The pin is there! I'm definitely doing this mod.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ Good luck, post back your results.

I got the Q connector pin, but misplaced the pin for the stalk. I got it off an old radio harness, but now I can't find it. I'm gonna a trip to the local junkyards when I get a chance to get some pins. Been dying to finish this already.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
yes please let us know how it goes on your AT! I really want to do this mod but Im a AT/Navi so its looking pretty bleak!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Will do. ordering parts tonight.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
I got tired of waiting for a wire. You can do this without the pin connectors. Take a stranded 20 gage wire, strip each end and bend it over. Insert each end into the back of the correct point in each connector, ensure the wire is fully inserted. Put some hot glue on the back of the connector to ensure the wire does not back out. once cool, plug in to the respective points.

Yes, not optimal, but better than no wire. This wire carries a variable voltage from the stalk variable resistor, so it carries no real current of consequence, hence, this will work for this instance. It is 100% removable and no trace will be left if needed anyway. I am at 60K, so it does not matter.

I did this, plugged in the connectors, and it works properly.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roger's Fit
I got tired of waiting for a wire. You can do this without the pin connectors. Take a stranded 20 gage wire, strip each end and bend it over. Insert each end into the back of the correct point in each connector, ensure the wire is fully inserted. Put some hot glue on the back of the connector to ensure the wire does not back out. once cool, plug in to the respective points.

Yes, not optimal, but better than no wire. This wire carries a variable voltage from the stalk variable resistor, so it carries no real current of consequence, hence, this will work for this instance. It is 100% removable and no trace will be left if needed anyway. I am at 60K, so it does not matter.

I got som pins if you still want them.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Glad I found this post, yes that's one of the things I can't believe they excluded from the sport model just to save a few bucks. On my other car (2010 Mazda Miata) you don't get variable intermittent wipers. just one setting like the fit. Fortunately you just need purchase the stalk for the RX8 and you get variable intermittent wipers, no wires needed, a direct plugin. I was hoping the same would be true for the Fit, this is pretty close, a little more work, but it can be done.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
I thought that might work. Glad to hear it's working for you. I might do the same for the stalk connection.

Originally Posted by niko3257
Niko, you have any left for the stalk? I got the Q off you already so I'm good with that but the one for the stalk I had found one off an old radio harness I had, but forgot where I put it (for safe keeping).

I'm thinking I might as well just connect the Q with the pin I have and just connect the stalk the way Roger did.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Variable intermittent wiper

Niko, If you still have any, I'll take what's necessary for the install. PM me, please.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member

Count me in if you have enough. I really want the stalk to work!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Works for GE8 MT Navi also.

Not sure if anyone else has done it but it works for the GE8 MT w/ Navi models as well.

Finally got it done, it's practically impossible blindly working with one hand trying to unclip the connector, and push the new pin in. I tried the 04320-SAA-A00 pins for the stalk, and it didn't fit, heck that connector gave me a hard time too trying to unclip it. So I just clipped the pin off & stripped back some wire and put it in the slot, also secured the wire to the others so it doesn't fall out until I find the other pin.

What a great feeling it was seeing that it works, I can't believe it. Obviously it works the way it should above 15mph, but if I'm not mistaken even at park/neutral there's a slight adjustability in delay between the intermittent.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just to confirm... no one's managed to make this mod work with an automatic, have they?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DeathKitten
Just to confirm... no one's managed to make this mod work with an automatic, have they?
I don't see how/why the type of transmission would interfere with this mod

And anyone been able to confirm part numbers for the little connectors? I know one side has been figured out, but what about the other? I'm just going to do the bent wire method for now.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
I don't see how/why the type of transmission would interfere with this mod
This is why.
Originally Posted by bigmitch
Well found out why the variable portion is not working. Took everything apart and check the wire between both plug ends and have good continuity. Checked pins on both plugs and both are in and seated properly. Well before putting it all back together decided to look at the male pins for the Q plug on the fuse panel itself. Found out that pin 7 which is for the variable portion is missing (it's not there). Wondered if it broke off or was recessed but was able to stick a small piece of wire in the hole and it goes all the way through which leads me to believe that it was never installed. Every other spot has a pin except for pin 7. I know Pbuck was having the same problem, wonder if his pin is there or is missing. Makes me wonder why some would have it and I don't, maybe others don't. If you plan on doing this mod, I would first unplug the Q plug and verify that you have pin 7 there before going out and getting all the required parts. Well if anyone is looking for the variable wiper stalk PM me as I have one up for sale. I'll let it go cheaper then you can get it at the dealers and shipped free.

Scott
AT's don't have pin 7 on the Q connector.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Humph. Doesn't make any sense. I believe it of course, just bewildering. Why would Honda not put that pin in (which only controls the freakin variable intermittent wipers!) on an auto but would include it with the manual config???? Oh well. Absurd auto manufacturers.

BTW installed mine today. Just stuck the wires in the connectors really good and used a dab of hot glue on each end to hold them in place. Works like a champ. Would be willing to redo it tho if anyone has the connectors...if not I will be hitting up some scrap yards!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Anybody have an extra q connector pin and the pin for the stalk? I'm tempted to do it Rogers way, but I'd feel more comfortable with the real connection.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
This seems like an awesome mod if someone could come up with a reliable solution for the pins.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

You don't need the pins, and in hindsight the mod/install would probably be much easier the way Roger's Fit did it.

I got tired of waiting for a wire. You can do this without the pin connectors. Take a stranded 20 gage wire, strip each end and bend it over. Insert each end into the back of the correct point in each connector, ensure the wire is fully inserted. Put some hot glue on the back of the connector to ensure the wire does not back out. once cool, plug in to the respective points....
It definitely is a great mod... very, very useful!!!

Quick Reply: Installed: Variable Intermittent Wipers 2009 USDM Fit Sport MT Non-Navi