400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread - Page 3 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member

Great job.

Your montreal pic is about 5 mins away from my work.

Mt Washington climb as well - thats gutzy

Keep it up

my 09 is no where near ur milage....around 180kms

btw those are tweater holes....only the sport got actual tweaters inside
Old 09-29-2017, 04:12 PM

This happened yesterday. Also changed out the cabin filter for the first time since I bought it.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:57 PM

I saw on one of your pics, your mpg is 45? That is amazing for that amount of mileage on that car.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsug View Post
I saw on one of your pics, your mpg is 45? That is amazing for that amount of mileage on that car.
On all highway that's I managed
Old 09-29-2017, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member

Amazing!!! i will now keep mine
Old 09-29-2017, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member

just have to add to the comments. this is inspiring! hope my fit can make it that far too!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenoyz View Post
Amazing!!! i will now keep mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor55 View Post
just have to add to the comments. this is inspiring! hope my fit can make it that far too!
Thanks, fellas!

It's only been a week, so the mileage is now at 451k.

The factory radio decided to not recognize my phone via USB with multiple functioning lightning cables, so I switched to a relatively newer aftermarket Blaupunkt I had in the garage and a Metra radio surround (don't do this, totally regretted that decision). I did purchase a JDM red hazard button as well.

Since the radio leans back at an angle, it was difficult to see the display during the day, which made it slightly frustrating to the already annoying user interface. It also didn't like to connect to phones via USB half the time. Flash drives did not have an issue. Yes, the radio is on in the photo. In order to even see what the display is saying, you'd have to lean up to it and kind of look above it.

I've had this '07-11 CRV base radio with the '03-07 Accord optional cassette player for years in my old '99 Integra when it was around. It's low key, relatively current with today's needs (aux, MP3/WMA CD player) and sort of looks like it belongs. I'm almost positive the radio buttons' illumination matches the HVAC controls, but haven't tested it at night yet. It was pretty close to the Integra, so I'm sure it'll look fine in the Fit. I had placed the auxiliary port where the USB port was using the base model's blockoff plate. Lastly, I've purchased the OEM Navigation surround and bracket to replace the Metra.

Last edited by julianachos; 10-06-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member

The cassette player is awesome! Don't see many of those anymore.

I'm really sad that the CD player is going away. Many cars either don't offer one or it's a stand alone option. Wife's new VW has a CD player in the glove box. Cause clearly that's handy. Not!
Old 10-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFIT View Post
The cassette player is awesome! Don't see many of those anymore.

I'm really sad that the CD player is going away. Many cars either don't offer one or it's a stand alone option. Wife's new VW has a CD player in the glove box. Cause clearly that's handy. Not!
Thanks! People either love, hate the cassette player, or just ask me "why?" I got it for really cheap on eBay BNIB too at maybe $35 shipped a while back. It was definitely worthwhile and made use of my cassettes that were just collecting dust.

I agree. I actually drove an e-Golf yesterday and noticed it didn't have a visible slot. Maybe that's where the damn thing is if it even has one.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM

Meant to post this, but got caught up with some stuff. Here's a photo of the CRV radio at night. The illumination matches the "passenger airbag" color perfectly.

Visited a friend of mine at Burns in New Jersey and ran into an Internet celebrity. Hondapro Jason is "in the know" about my Fit now.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member

That's very cool! Your car is now famous by relation!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:48 PM

That’s awesome!! I saw his Instagram post and I knew it was your car haha! So cool. I wish I knew about this, I live 25 minutes from Burns!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravFlyer View Post
Thatís awesome!! I saw his Instagram post and I knew it was your car haha! So cool. I wish I knew about this, I live 25 minutes from Burns!
Haha, nice! If it makes you feel a *little* better, I didn't know he was at Burns until the day of. I originally planned on going there anyway, but I got lucky I managed to get his attention with the Fit lol.

Took the Fit to Stanford, Kentucky this weekend. Started the trip with the odometer around 451,950 and came home to the odometer reading 453,230.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 AM

Did a thing the other day.

My engine bay is an eyesore, so here's the new air box compared to the Fit's factory air box. Even did a K&N filter.

Upgrade sure did do a decent difference. I'm not mad at it.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:24 PM

Been a while.

Odometer is near 459k miles now. Going to do an oil change on it soon... maybe today or tomorrow. Not sure how I feel yet.

Ordered two new tires and installed a Bluetooth receiver (NVX VUBT2) to work with the CR-V radio.

Here are some current-ish photos of it with a buddy's car collection and jumping one of the cars.

Last edited by julianachos; 12-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 AM

i've loved that front end conversion on the miata ever since I saw one a few years back!

O_O on the mileage wow! not to rain on the parade at all, but most wear and tear on the motor comes during cold starts, so it makes sense that your motor is humming along.

still amazing!
Old 12-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edspecR View Post
i've loved that front end conversion on the miata ever since I saw one a few years back!

O_O on the mileage wow! not to rain on the parade at all, but most wear and tear on the motor comes during cold starts, so it makes sense that your motor is humming along.

still amazing!
It's for sale too! https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...380485813.html