2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member

I was delivering pizza in it.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031

I was delivering pizza in it.
Pizza delivery car? What year?

Old 01-05-2018, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, that's a photoshop of your dash.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
LOL, that's a photoshop of your dash.
It had me and the previous owner wondering!

Old 01-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Is your friend crazy? 400k miles in a Fit sounds like a painful experience.
I've had two Fits, it's my daily driver, I love and appreciate it as much as anyone who has ever owned one.

That said you are exactly right, just dealing with the armrest situation alone makes me do a double take on this whole story. People bitch about their experiences on a long road trip in a Chevy Equinox, I can't imagine putting all those trips on a Fit.

Awesome thread though, thanks for the updates.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrDetroit
I've had two Fits, it's my daily driver, I love and appreciate it as much as anyone who has ever owned one.

That said you are exactly right, just dealing with the armrest situation alone makes me do a double take on this whole story. People bitch about their experiences on a long road trip in a Chevy Equinox, I can't imagine putting all those trips on a Fit.

Awesome thread though, thanks for the updates.
I actually like mine although I didn’t spend 390k miles in it... yet. I do wish I have cruise control and I’ve been lazy on getting an arm rest.

Currently around the 464k mile area, can’t remember. The fourth clutch has finally hit the bed last week and I’ve been driving my other beater around for the time being. Pulling the transmission out tomorrow to do the swap. Even switched out the clutch master cylinder to an Integra one (saved it when I parted mine out)

Old 05-17-2018, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Haven't posted here in a while, just realized I never did updates since the clutch shit the bed.

Around January at 464,410, I've replaced the clutch with the help of a friend along with the master and slave cylinders, driver's side axle, transmission fluid changed, and a battery.

Factory Fit CMC and a '94-01 Integra CMC I replaced it with-

The culprit-

Two months later at almost 470k, the serpentine belt took a shit on me on the highway. Got around 50k from the sad Autozone belt. Replaced it with another one because I got it next day but have an OEM one on hand. It still liked to squeak on cold days like the last belt.

Other than those hiccups, its taken me without any issues.

Currently a somewhere in the 476k range now.

Also saw this along my travels in the Philadelphia area last week. She was cute too.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Keep rolling amigo- Honda should see this

Old 05-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Hey man, glad to see your cars held up so well. I'm based in Hattiesburg, MS.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Haven't driven this thing much in May. Been caught up working on my other car as well as driving cars that aren't mine.

Back to the Fit. If I recall correctly, the mileage is just a little over 477k.

Two weeks ago, the driver's side door's lock cylinder got stuck on me. Instead of just fixing it, I got a new key. Now for the first time ever for this car, it has keyless entry.

For a while, the rear brakes started to make noise. Since it's been raining non stop here in the Mid-Atlantic, it just got worse as time went by. The other day, I finally had some free time while it was sunny and replaced the shoes.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
if u r ever back in the montreal area....let me know - I'll show u the real treats of the city during the summer months

Old 06-01-2018, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vickenp
if u r ever back in the montreal area....let me know - I'll show u the real treats of the city during the summer months
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Didn't drive it much the past 2-3 weeks but I did take it for a little trip today.

In case you were wondering, Miata floor boards do fit in the Fit.

Filled up this morning and this is when I got home-

Old 06-20-2018, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Just completed my first road trip of the year.

My buddy had a flight cancelled from Philly to Cleveland and it would've been much quicker if we had driven there after American Airlines offered their alternative. After joking around about driving, we really considered doing the drive... so we did.

Stopped at Pittsburgh for the night and took these before I left in the morning.

Did about 800 miles without an issue.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
This thread is an inspiration. I'm coming up on 190k -- getting the itch to buy another car. Then I see your thread and it makes me want to keep my Fit for another 200k at least.

Thanks for the pictures!

Old 06-21-2018, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by julianachos
Just completed my first road trip of the year.

My buddy had a flight cancelled from Philly to Cleveland and it would've been much quicker if we had driven there after American Airlines offered their alternative. After joking around about driving, we really considered doing the drive... so we did.

Stopped at Pittsburgh for the night and took these before I left in the morning.

Did about 800 miles without an issue.

Are you Jamie's mate?

This thread has been my inspiration to get a fit...

Old 06-21-2018, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by the nerd
Are you Jamie's mate?

This thread has been my inspiration to get a fit...
Yup! Here are some old photos at his shop-

Originally Posted by larrymcewin
This thread is an inspiration. I'm coming up on 190k -- getting the itch to buy another car. Then I see your thread and it makes me want to keep my Fit for another 200k at least.

Thanks for the pictures!
I've always been tempted on buying a newer/lower mileage car, but this thing has been nothing but good to me. I also don't like the idea of car payments

It doesn't owe me a thing at this rate, although I only wish to be close to home if it decides to leave me stranded. I'm going to try to have this thing stick by my side until the car itself is beyond repair from a crash.

Thanks for being a fan of it!

Last edited by julianachos; 06-21-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Hey another Delawarian!!!

Great story man and awesome inspiration for future and current Fit owners.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Hey another Delawarian!!!

Great story man and awesome inspiration for future and current Fit owners.
First state represent! And thanks!

Been a minute since I've done something other than drive. Current mileage is just shy of 482k.

For about a week or two, I've seen a somewhat interesting Fit running around the area (northern DE to be exact) and after the second and third time of seeing it I was surprised and actually got photos. Looks a little far from home and wonder where its headed next.

Since owning the Fit, I've always wanted to do this and finally got around to doing so. As some of you know, its been getting hot around the Mid-Atlantic area. It got to the point where every time I drove, the steering wheel would leave marks on my hands. I ended up purchasing a used leather wrapped 06-11 Civic wheel and installed it.

Removed the audio control and cruise control buttons and put on my blanks as well as the air bag. Once that was done, it was ready to be used!

Why a Civic steering wheel? Not only are there bulges at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, its also a smaller diameter than the factory Fit wheel!

After driving about 400-500 miles yesterday to help a friend pick up a new car, I'm satisfied with this mod.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:14 PM
I've always felt like the steering wheel on the Fit was a bit like turning a bus or semi's wheel. Very large diameter. The looks to be a fantastic upgrade, especially considering how often you interact with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread