2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Amazing how long things last when you take care of them.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
No photos yet, but figured I'd give you guys an update.

Mileage is 483,507 at the moment. Haven't been driving it much lately and I feel bad about it.

The Fit turns ten years old this month! The previous owner and I were hoping to have me roll the odometer over (lol roll a digi odometer) 500k by this month or even next month, which is when he had purchased it new in September 2008, but that didn't happen.

By the end of this year, i'm hoping to hit 500k. I have at least 9k miles in road trips that I am planning to do, so hopefully that'll help speed things up.

Sometime soon, I'll be installing a set of genuine Mugen window visors that I purchased from someone here almost two years ago. Currently getting the old double sided tape so I can put on some fresh tape. I still haven't fixed the A/C in it and since its been raining like crazy here, I figured it is time to get crackin' and put these on so windows can get crackin' too. /dad joke. The Mugen window visors are one of the few goodies I have for the Fit that I've collected throughout time and have not installed yet.

One thing I just did five minutes ago is reprogram the door locks to unlock all the doors automatically when I take the key out of the ignition. I wish I knew I could do this a long time ago, because it got tiring seeing passengers trying to manually unlock the doors instead of waiting for me to get around to unlock it from my switch since there's only one. First world problems at its finest, but Honda should've put a door lock switch on the passenger side too!

Old 08-17-2018, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by julianachos
No photos yet, but figured I'd give you guys an update.

Mileage is 483,507 at the moment. Haven't been driving it much lately and I feel bad about it.

The Fit turns ten years old this month! The previous owner and I were hoping to have me roll the odometer over (lol roll a digi odometer) 500k by this month or even next month, which is when he had purchased it new in September 2008, but that didn't happen.

By the end of this year, i'm hoping to hit 500k. I have at least 9k miles in road trips that I am planning to do, so hopefully that'll help speed things up.

Sometime soon, I'll be installing a set of genuine Mugen window visors that I purchased from someone here almost two years ago. Currently getting the old double sided tape so I can put on some fresh tape. I still haven't fixed the A/C in it and since its been raining like crazy here, I figured it is time to get crackin' and put these on so windows can get crackin' too. /dad joke. The Mugen window visors are one of the few goodies I have for the Fit that I've collected throughout time and have not installed yet.

One thing I just did five minutes ago is reprogram the door locks to unlock all the doors automatically when I take the key out of the ignition. I wish I knew I could do this a long time ago, because it got tiring seeing passengers trying to manually unlock the doors instead of waiting for me to get around to unlock it from my switch since there's only one. First world problems at its finest, but Honda should've put a door lock switch on the passenger side too!
I have tried to program my locks 3 times now and cannot
​​​​​​get it to take. What's the trick? Video maybe?

Old 08-17-2018, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by Flashesbuck
I have tried to program my locks 3 times now and cannot
​​​​​​get it to take. What's the trick? Video maybe?
Nvm on the video I just found this one
https://youtu.be/7sYM4yqMMF4

Old 08-17-2018, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Flashesbuck
Nvm on the video I just found this one
https://youtu.be/7sYM4yqMMF4
That's exactly what I did. There was also another post on here but I can't remember the link or where it is.

Cliffnotes if you're too lazy to watch the video:
  1. Pull emergency brake up. Didn't verify if this was necessary, but mine was up because my driveway is on an incline.
  2. Put key in ignition, turn to second position/ON.
  3. Push AND hold down the unlock part of the door lock button.
  4. Keep holding for three clicks. First click will come on as you first press the button. If you let go on the second click, then you will program the locks to only unlock the driver's side front door. This is the default setting. Let out a curse word because you let go too early.
  5. After the third click, let go of the button and take your key out. Turn car on and lock the doors, then turn the car off to verify your reprogramming was a success.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member

484,393 as I am posting this. Currently preparing for a road trip starting Tuesday.

Got the Fit a pair of new tires since the fronts were wearing down a bit and noticed the passenger side tie rod end had some play. Got all of that replaced along with an alignment. Giving it it's first wash since mid-June when I drove to Ohio.

Still haven't had time to get those Mugen visors on, but I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow.

Also if you have a HF engine hoist, that'll fit in our Fits.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
gotta update your sig to 484k miles and counting!

Old 08-23-2018, 11:45 PM
So...many....miles... O_o ... Amazing.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:58 AM
in for when it hits 500k

Old 08-31-2018, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Update: Mugen visors are still not on. I'm disappointed in myself.

Mileage is somewhere around 486k. Can't remember the exact number.

Currently in an airbnb in Cape Brenton, NS and of course the Fit is with me. The owner of the place even has an Element!

Stopped in Maine along the way at Acadia National Park, around Bar Harbor, and Lubec - which is the most NE point of Con-US

I've even managed to drive on the beach outside of the lighthouse without any casualties.

Speaking of, I did make one small boo-boo on this trip. I was distracted by looking at the houses in the area and smacked a curb early in the morning yesterday. Lost a hubcap and dented the edge of the wheel, but no crazy vibrations or ruined alignment. Been keeping an eye on the tire pressure and even got an air compressor just in case. I did stop at a Honda dealer in NB to grab a frame for my collection and noticed steel wheels were sold there for $60 CAD. It was tempting, but I didn't have time let alone want to pay more in taxes and added fees.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:46 AM
Digging the last pic (lic plate frame of the car). I might have to steal that idea for a picture at some point.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:10 AM
At least $60CAD is like $4 USD

Old 08-31-2018, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by mwoodski
At least $60CAD is like $4 USD
Damn. Inflation went up again.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Digging the last pic (lic plate frame of the car). I might have to steal that idea for a picture at some point.
Thanks! If you peep the hashtag #50statesofhonda on Instagram, there are a few like that one on there. Whenever I visit a Honda dealer for a frame with the Fit, I take a photo.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Thanks! If you peep the hashtag #50statesofhonda on Instagram, there are a few like that one on there. Whenever I visit a Honda dealer for a frame with the Fit, I take a photo.
If you ever make it out west, LMK.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
If you ever make it out west, LMK.
For sure. It’ll be a while though.

Trying to hit hit up a lot of the spots starting from the east. Most west I’ve gone even without the Fit is Texas haha

Old 09-01-2018, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Finally in Newfoundland! Took an overnight ferry ride and of course there are photos.

Also saw this; a Northwest Territories license plate. The license plate nerd in me is going nuts.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Finally in Newfoundland! Took an overnight ferry ride and of course there are photos.
Looks like a beautiful place!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The license plate nerd in me is going nuts.
Lol, I am a license plate nerd too and that is one cool plate!!!

Your low 5 digit tag is pretty cool too. I have a high 20k plate that I will hold onto unless I can get a 4 digit (probably never lol).

Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Looks like a beautiful place!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Lol, I am a license plate nerd too and that is one cool plate!!!

Your low 5 digit tag is pretty cool too. I have a high 20k plate that I will hold onto unless I can get a 4 digit (probably never lol).
It sure was, no problem! And thanks! I got this plate a while ago from a friend from high school. His dad had it since 1980 and they all moved to the Carolinas. He said he wanted to see it go to someone they know instead of selling it or letting it go through the system. I rock the porcelain only on road trips and have my UD plate on otherwise. I also have a five digit centennial plate that I have had on my other car that I've just put in retention. I've had that one for a minute and refuse to let it go.

Never say never to that four digit though! I'd personally go for a three digit PC if anything. If you like Delaware plates, peep my friend's project. You may or may not have heard of it.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Got home yesterday evening and was caught up with returning back to my normal life. After nine hours of being in the car from driving from basically University of Maine to University of Delaware territory, I was back and forth of just doing things I normally do around here just to feel normal again. Even hopped in the Miata and grabbed some groceries. I can never stay still.

The trip was completed with roughly 3,890 miles. I forgot to take a photo right when I left my house and did it when I was on the bridge to New Jersey, so I added a few miles to the total.

As you've already seen, it's been to Acadia, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland. I didn't post photos of it around the Cabot Trail, so here they are-

Newfoundland was absolutely breathtaking. I thought driving the Cabot Trail was nice. I was in for a treat.

You think that was it? You thought wrong. Even visited Prince Edward Island. Didn't take too many photos here with the car because it reminded me too much of PA with a touch of NC. Did visit Thunder Cove Beach and took a bunch of photos there though with the rocks and all. Still got that red sand in my carpet and mats. Kinda don't want to clean it up.

Leaving PEI on the Confederation Bridge kinda hurt. Probably the most expensive toll I've paid.

Also took this photo at the border crossing. Now the Fit's been on both ends of I-95!

Finally home with this on the odometer. Getting closer to 500k!!

Quick Reply: 400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread