2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Thanks guys. The suspension for the meantime will be the Honda Access sussy. It lowers 25mm front and rear. Later on I'll go with something more.
Excuse the extreme newbie question, please (waiting for my 2010 Fit to be delivered), but what is a 'Honda Access suspension?' Or are you just talking about how much the Fit's stock suspension can be lowered? If so, I had no clue it could be adjusted at all. If not, why would you spend money on a suspension mod that would only allow you a mere 25mm modification, front and rear?

"Honda Access" Suspension = what?

Thanks in advance (anyone) for this "n00b's" education.

Last edited by annunC8; 01-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned
Old 01-01-2010, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
It's basically a sub-division of Honda. Same portion that does all the Modulo kits. 1" of drop is an alright start and I wouldn't go more than 40mm anyways. This car's sussy setup shouldn't be dumped if you actually plan on driving with some balls. The Js sport suspension, Showa sport suspension cost about the same with lowering equal or slightly less. And like I said it's just a temporary setup till I get something better later down the road.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Banned
^when do you get your Fit? also any plans besides these already seen?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Not for another almost 3 weeks according to Sato-San. Around the 20th supposedly.

Other plans...if it wasn't so difficult to register for the road definitely a K20. This is why stroker kits are huge in Japan versus engine swaps. Difficult process for a street car. Tracy Sports carbon bonnet. Definitely heading up to Kent Works and ask about the one-off Ti exhaust. Won't be boosted ever that's for sure. And whatever pops up along the way.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned
K20 would be amazing, gotta say I like your way of modifying cars!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
Gee, thanks... that was pretty slick, Slick!

I Googled it before I posted my question, and still didn't understand what he chose to do in relation to a "Honda Access" suspension. So, I posted my curiosities.

Oh and, thanks for the cheap, Webmatic (Google) trick!

Last edited by annunC8; 01-02-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
It's basically a sub-division of Honda. Same portion that does all the Modulo kits. 1" of drop is an alright start and I wouldn't go more than 40mm anyways. This car's sussy setup shouldn't be dumped if you actually plan on driving with some balls. The Js sport suspension, Showa sport suspension cost about the same with lowering equal or slightly less. And like I said it's just a temporary setup till I get something better later down the road.
Ok, sorry again. But, exactly what kit did you get, and how much did it cost you? What does it cost compared to others on the market, say Tanabe, Swift, blah, blah, blah?

Thanks for the replies.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
Ok, sorry again. But, exactly what kit did you get, and how much did it cost you? What does it cost compared to others on the market, say Tanabe, Swift, blah, blah, blah?

Thanks for the replies.
its the honda access suspension system for the honda fit.

he lives in japan, so im sure he has access (pun intended) to many other kits that arent in the states or more specifically, wont fit without modification to the kit.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DreaMv
its the honda access suspension system for the honda fit. He lives in japan, so im sure he has access (pun intended) to many other kits that arent in the states or more specifically, wont fit without modification to the kit.
Ah, the "missing link." I'm was trying to find a Honda Access Kit here in the states. My search resulted in a site in Japanese only.

Like I said, I'm new at this, and am pondering any and all options for lowering my Fit when it comes in. I'm psyched, and trying to get a jump start on the process, just as this thread's OP seems to be doing.

Thanks for the absolute clarity.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a direct link to the sussy.

Didn't realize you didn't see that I was in Japan.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Just ordered something else, nothing major and is not a performance mod. I actually ordered 2, though different from each other.

Zoom Engineering Monaco and TS rearview mirrors in carbon. I ordered both because I wasn't sure which I would actually like better. So once I decide, I will most likely put the other up for sale, that is if there is any interest. If somebody was interested I would also order another arm so the mirror could be mounted.

They both are concave blue mirrors which give a wider viewing angle and also cut out glare at night.

And I ordered up a C-pillar bar from T1R. Unfortunately the rear strut bar was not listed on A&J or it too would have been ordered.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Here is a direct link to the sussy.

Didn't realize you didn't see that I was in Japan.
Yeah, I didn't notice. My mistake.

Thanks for the link. Not sure what good it will do me... but thanks just the same!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned
Post up some pics already.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
Post up some pics already.
You want to contact Honda of Japan and tell them to deliver the damn car to me?

Kind of hard to post pics of a car you don't have. Maybe 11 more days, hopefully less, but I'm going to be quite pissed if it is more. Originally was supposed to be around the 28th of December or right after New Years holiday. Then changed to the 20th of January. The 54 days of waiting already have been a bit frustrating, thankfully the train system here is outstanding, but I need to be back behind the wheel.

Yagi-San of J's emailed stating that half the order has been sent and Yoshida-San of Zoom emailed stating the mirrors should arrive possibly today.

EDIT: The mirrors arrived this morning as did the J's interior bits. I didn't even realize I ordered the J's Ti knob and on its way to me is the T1R/Alex Ti knob. Oh well, 2 knobs and 2 mirrors. I guess I could always change up the look from time to time.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 01-08-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Chris? Damn small world!

Wife and I are leaving Japan and heading back to the US unfortunately, probably in June. So I'm taking the FD2R back to stock, and all the goodies I bought for it are being sold separately. I love my Civic, so I hate to sell it, but whatever, life goes on. So I'm looking for a good DD for my wife, and was looking at the new Fit, came across this site, and recognized your screen name.

Hopefully you get the Fit soon, the RE30's should look great on it, I love my RE30's. I've also got the Zoom Monaco carbon mirror in my car too, the quality is incredible.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
What's up Jason. Damn that sucks about leaving and having to sell, I know all about that with my old Teggy and then the Snisen. As you said though, life goes on. I wish I would of just left my Teggy with Rutt or Bret if I knew I would be back to Japan in less than 2 years, but whatever. The Fit will be a fun and easy to get around in Tokyo daily driver and if I can come across a decent NS-X, it will be my fun car.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
Just received the shipment from AJ which included the shift boot, the Alex Ti gradient finish knob, chromoly lugs and the Volk carbon center caps. The Alex Ti knob I am going to put up for sale, I paid $130 + shipping, I will sell it for $120 shipped. I also ordered which I forgot the J's Racing knob and between the 2, I prefer the J's actually. So if anyone is interested, hit me up with a PM. I'm going to post in the For Sale section as well.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Well Honda called and the car will be here on Friday, but I am not so pleased with the service of the dealer. Reason being, when I purchased my old 5R Integra down on Okinawa years ago, the dealership got the plates for it and everything and I was able to drive it away. Just had to bring it to the base for their bullshit inspection. Here I am going to have to do everything. I can go see the car, but can't do shit with it. Worse is, it will be the weekend and what I need to have done of course will be closed and Honda is closed on Monday's here. So I probably won't even get to take the car home till around Wednesday next week, possibly Thursday. And who knows how much more it will cost overall to get plates, shaken insurance, normal insurance, roadtax, weight tax and whatever else I will need to pay. Probably close to another $1000.

Not really complaining though it may sound so, still very happy to be where I am, just the service could of been somewhat better. They never had an American purchase a car from them and need to have it plated for the base, yet neither did the dealership on Okinawa, but they figured it out.

From that the mechanics and I became good friends and would go out and gymkhana on occasion. In fact one time, I toasted the bottom end when the oil pickup decided hey there is no oil to pickup in a high G turn and cylinders 2 & 3 bearings were GONE. Honda repaired fully under warranty...gotta love Honda Japan for backing it. I was using the car for its intended purpose.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
you're my favorite fitless member.

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress