2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM
arrrrgggghhh I hate auto spell correction on darn iphone

Old 05-11-2011, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Their site is only showing up to 8pt for the GE8 at this time. Not that bad of a price you got to include shipping. The 8pt at current exchange would cost me about $1300 and maybe another $50 for shipping.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor
Realistically, a reflash for a stock engine setup, it is almost impossible to see 30% gain. You will be lucky if you can see 10%.

I have been working on Hondas for over 15 yrs so I think the most you can get will be about 3-5% so as for companies like Hondata, if they make a flash that can only gives you little hp and IF they sell it cheap, I don't even think they can make up the cost to develop it.

Just my 0.2 cents

Old 05-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Their site is only showing up to 8pt for the GE8 at this time. Not that bad of a price you got to include shipping. The 8pt at current exchange would cost me about $1300 and maybe another $50 for shipping.
I do believe a good deal was made on my 6 pt. and to think I'm paying waaay more for shipping to get it here.

@AJ PwR Jr: I would have to agree with you. I have been talking with Henry of RCA and it's about that ballpark with N/A reflash.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Well after the event on the 22nd at Mihama Circuit, I think I will just stay the night there and drive over to J's the next day (another 150km or so) as they have a dyno promotion going on, half price, but that just means it is $200 versus $400, still TAKAI for I have no idea how many runs or what not, but I am a bit curious as to the ps the L15A is putting out to the hubs.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
Drove up to Alex Motorsports after work today, only about 43km away and ordered their solid mounts. Essentially what they do is take the stock Honda mount and completely fill it solid. I used their mounts on my old 5R Teggy and they did wonders. When I was over at Super Autobacs Tokyo Bay this past weekend, J's was there reflashing ECUs and selling items, a brand new RS maybe about 2 weeks old came up for a reflash and when I saw how much the damn motor moved upon startup, I just started to imagine it when the car is being tossed about quite agressively. I was told the would be ready in about 2 weeks as he needs to get the stock mounts from Honda and then go to work on them.

They should make the car feel completely different considering how damn soft the stock mounts are. They might be good for somebody that only looks at A to B journeys, but they are worthless if you decide to push your car around. My Teggy was not very undriveable daily, at least for me, I'm sure there are some people who would of classified it as a circuit only car, but the vibrations from the solid mounts was not at all unbearable and it just made the car that much more fun to drive. Here is to hoping the Fit feels as though it received a new soul.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM

It replaced the PRM. It does feel like there is a bit more ooommph in pretty much the whole rev range, but it still is nothing drastic.
how's the gold reflective tape holding up? It's starting to warm up here and intake shielding looks to be a must on the top fuel on stop and go driving. I have some crazy shit nagging in my head for this heat soak thing

Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
It seems to be doing alright, but the highest temps so far here have been about 75, but been hovering around about 68.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Very nice 555 not sure how many of you have seen one, but the entire engine bay of the Mclaren F1 LMs were coated in gold. That's kinda what that reminded me of the second I saw it. Can you get someone to take some video of your next circuit visit?

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
@AJ PwR Jr: I would have to agree with you. I have been talking with Henry of RCA and it's about that ballpark with N/A reflash.
I have been trying to tell people that for months lol But what the f*** do I know.

I just make sh*t up as I go though

I was hired for a new job yesterday and starting monday, which has slowed me down, but hopefully we'll be seeing each other about a couple custom exhaust setups for both cars in the near future.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'll be going up to the circuit(s) alone as normal. hahaha I'll for sure have some in-car footage and if I can get somebody to take some footage from the pit wall or whatever I definitely will.

I purchased one of the GoProHD cams, but I am very disappointed in the quality, the video is fine, but the sound is absolutely horrid. You can't hear anything really except artifacts. So, I think I will start saving up for a 2 or 3 cam ChaseCam setup...super f'n expensive though.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
HONJOU in-car

I ordered some new CE28N's, since the company doesn't have stock and they have to be ordered from Rays, I'm seeing if the company will order them in Time Attack White for me and if not then bronze it is. Picking up 15x7 +48 up front and 15x7 +43 in the rear with 205/50R15 Advan A050s in medium compound. I was really hoping to have them before Sunday's event to give my daily tires a rest, but it is not to be.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Looks like another safe and fun run 5SD!!! What camera are you using on the rear? the video output looks to be from or similar to contourhd.

Picking up 15x7 +48 up front and 15x7 +43 in the rear
about the same setup as mine but I'm on 17x7 +48 F / 17x7 +42 F on 195/45 for street. My track would be same as yours

You picking up the Cusco cage?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
It's a GoProHD setup. The sound didn't come out as bad as I thought it was going to from some test videos I did. In those it sounded horrible and completely useless. Not sure what changed this go around. Still not great, but not bad.

Eventually will get the cage, but don't see it as a complete necessity at this point. Diff and sussy are definitely more important and a lightweight flywheel would be nice. JUN had one and then stopped production because of some issues they had.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Have the same issue with my contourhd... I'll be pairing the contourhd with a tascam dr-03 for the sole of getting the best sound.

let me know if you find the flywheel

Old 05-29-2011, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Well finally after about a week straight of rain I went ahead and just installed 2 of the 3 engine/tranny mounts. I ordered these from Alex Motorsports, basically they take the stock mount and just fill it with a solid mixture.

Name:  Alex1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  289.0 KB
Name:  Alex2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  170.6 KB
Name:  Alex3.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  223.5 KB
Name:  Alex4.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  262.8 KB

Can see the difference between the 2 in the pics. All I can say, I haven't driven it yet, but the engine already doesn't budge at all. Previously just by hand I could move the damn engine back and forth, I can only imagine how much movement there was during driving and even more throwing the car around the circuit. I started it up and inside the cabin there is more vibration, but that doesn't bother me one bit, I like my cars to be a little on the raw side and not a plush ride. The last mount is the rear mount and it is like an arm, looks like just 2 bolts hold it in place, but I need to get some jack stands, not sure what happened to mine so I can then lift the car up and use the floor jack to keep the engine/tranny in place and install that 3rd mount.

Overall the drive should be improved, able to lay the miniscule power of the L15 down better and the shifting feel I presume will also improve. Will report more after driving it.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The damn thing definitely accelerates quicker. Was up to 150km/h with utter ease on the expressway. Of course the car is still nowhere near fast, but it just feels much better. The side mirrors have vibration going on at idle, can see the dash slightly vibrating and I can feel it in the seat some. LOVING IT, if only it came this way from Honda. Just feels so more direct in every facet of driving. Next to put on the final mount, been looking for jack stands, no luck at all the DIY stores I've been to.

If you are abusing your Fit I highly suggest getting mounts or filling yours in. It will put a smile on your face guaranteed unless even though you were born with XY chromosomes you need to wear Tampax. hahaha

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
I definitely need to either get new mounts or do the Window Weld fix to the stock mounts... The 10PSI boost and other stuff is making more power than the clutch is capable of handling. I suppose I'll do both at the same time and hopefully do some gear ratio, final drive changes and LSD... Then I can get sticky tires and speeding tickets, no tampons though...

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 05-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
My first time seeing this thread. Just read through the whole thing. Absolutely amazing work you've done. Your Fit looks great and has given me a few ideas to try with mine. Definitely subscribing to the thread.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Well I just finished putting the rear mount in, kind of a pain in the ass, but it's all back together. Main reason was the Laile(Beatrush) bar, I had to remove it to get the stock rear mount out and then the Alex mount was not sliding in easily at all. A little bit of mini-sledge got it into the sheet metal casing it resides.

Name:  Alex5.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  251.1 KB
Name:  Alex6.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  215.8 KB

Now to go for another little drive.

T_C, most definitely do them all at the same time. I'm thinking next up to bat will be an ATS/Across carbon diff and the USDM final 4.6. Was hoping ATS was going to make a carbon clutch for the GE, but it looks like they are not planning on it from the emails I received back, you GD guys are able to get one.

When I spoke with Hayashi-San of Toda, he mentioned that he doesn't plan on any cams, flywheel or suspension. I kind of talked him into looking at the suspension and he actually went and rented a GE8 to check the fitting of the CR-Z Fightex. Everything was pretty much a go except the GE8 sway bar link bracket is in a different place. So I'm hoping he will maybe even do a one-off for me. He did send me a picture of an upper 2-1 pipe that he has yet to release, even though he also said he had no plans for an exmani. I don't know if he is going to make this piece for sale, but I WANT the one he has already made at least.

A chromoly flywheel would be very welcomed as well, but JUN stopped making the one they had out, said problems arose and I don't remember who I spoke with and what company, but they mentioned something about a lighter flywheel screws up the ECU on the GE8. WTF that is about I'm not sure and how the MT is tied into the ECU.

Thanks a lot Jamy. It's slowly coming around. It definitely needs a diff and suspension though, the last 2 events really showed me how bad they are needed. Just couldn't put down power coming out of corners and the 2 mini-circuits I was on were tight with a fair amount of corners.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
LOVING IT, if only it came this way from Honda. Just feels so more direct in every facet of driving.
This doesn't surprise me at all, and I'm really glad to hear you like them. Good news for those of us who seek a more direct feeling with the car. I think the stock ones are way too soft in the interest of NVH compared to any other car I've owned. It feels like torquing up a rubber band in the engine bay to get anything to the ground.

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress