2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
555, I love it.

Definitely my favorite GE and one of my favorite Fits period. Great work!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
i love your car. wish we had that paint option in the US.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Dec 1st Suzuka Southern Course - J's Racing event

Name:  SuzukaSouthernCourseElev.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  180.9 KB

A 1.264km (.79mi) smaller course beside the big course. Looks like it will be quite fun to rip on as well as technical. Fairly flat as can be seen by the elevation chart I attached to the pic. Roughly only about 11.5' in difference from high to low points.

(4) 20min sessions for the amazingly cheap price of ¥18000 ($235). This is total sarcasm by the way.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
I would love to go there! Omg /jelly!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
I would gladly pay $235 for 20mins to drive on that legendary course. Very steep price, but I could not resist if I lived there. I would also try to make friends with the track owner. haha

Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
You must've read my mind.... just yesterday after catching the last few minutes of the F1 broadcast (just when they mentioned Suzuka is in 2 weeks), I wished I could've taken my little GE8 on Suzuka, and here you are posting about that very opportunity.
I would definitely spend that $$$ for it, enjoy it!!! It'll be great, especially with all those nice mods you got.
And in case I haven't said it yet; your car is superb, 555!!! Great job, amazing car.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well it is not the full circuit, just the mini-course on site. I took my Fit out on the big course, just a very slow processional 2 laps behind a pace car for the I Heart Honda day back in Feb '10. I kept falling back a ways from the guy in front of me and laying into it a bit (just 100km/h), the car was still only 3 weeks old at the time. The full course would be great except for the back straight, the Fit just doesn't have the gonads to blow through 130R at a good rate of speed. Though if I get the chance, now that I have a full suit (reason I couldn't partake in the actual Heart Honda event) I will not pass it up.

Big and small of Suzuka

And it is four 20 min sessions on the mini-course. So the price isn't horrible I suppose, but have to add in another $100 for the tolls to and from and another $100 for gas, so about $435 for a day of fun is a bit expensive, but that's what it is when you want to play.

Much appreciated FitStir. I do actually use what I buy. No parking lot queen here. hahaha

Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
And it is four 20 min sessions on the mini-course. So the price isn't horrible I suppose, but have to add in another $100 for the tolls to and from and another $100 for gas, so about $435 for a day of fun is a bit expensive, but that's what it is when you want to play.

Much appreciated FitStir. I do actually use what I buy. No parking lot queen here. hahaha
haha +1

and that price is kinda close to what me and my group pay.

for $295 ($250 if solo'd or advance group) you get 2 days. each day is 4 20min sessions with instructor or without if solo'd (the $250 price). This does not include your gas and food and overnight hotel or whatever you choose.

To make things cheaper, me and my buddies actually camp out on the track and build a fire and cook our food over camp fire and drink some beer. Kind of turns a track weekend into a 2 for 1 mini vacation. Best bang for your buck EVER!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
It's still good, mini or full course would still be an experience for me. Enjoy it.
After reading a few peoples track posts (props JCrimson, 555, and others I missed), I've been itching to take my GE8 out on Watkins Glen; still finding out more info though.

Hey 555, I read in a different thread you bought the Honda Access Bosch Euro horn, did you do the install yourself? Do you have any install directions? What's the db's on it?
Thanks.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered it when I ordered the car so it came installed from Honda. Honestly not sure of the dB level, but it definitely is not the roadrunner meep meep of the stocker. Definitely has more of a (Cartman) "respect my authoritie" sound. Probably very similar to what people are doing there with the Accord horn change.

The Glen would be fabulous to get on as well, though it too is quite large and it might not be as fun with the lower power of the Fit. These mini-courses are a real blast for what the Fit is, like the perfect companion. Though that wouldn't stop me from going out on the bigger tracks and if you do get out there PLEASE DO POST UP.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
I hope it's louder than the Accord horn, seems people have found out that even though the tones are different the stock Fit horn is actually louder than the Accord horn. So people have been recommending other options like the Stebel, Fiamms, El Diablo's, PIAA's, etc. I like the fact that the Bosch is a Honda option, and from what others have said they compared it more to an older German car, and instal should be relatively plug & play. I'm still debating if it's worth the US $90+ to get it here. If you ever get a chance can you post a sound clip, whenever you can. I'd really appreciate it.

As for the Watkin's Glen, I've been reading up on their site, it seems they have events I just have to find out how to get started. I'm not even doing any suspension or i/h/e mods for a while. I'd just like to be able to wot the GE8 on a track and enjoy the handling. Can't be doing that on public streets. And it's after reading some of your posts, and JCrimson's tracking posts that really made me think more serious of it. Ofcourse tracking will be rare, but I'd like to take it out every so often. And when I do take it out, I will definitely post about it.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I hope it's louder than the Accord horn, seems people have found out that even though the tones are different the stock Fit horn is actually louder than the Accord horn. So people have been recommending other options like the Stebel, Fiamms, El Diablo's, PIAA's, etc. I like the fact that the Bosch is a Honda option, and from what others have said they compared it more to an older German car, and instal should be relatively plug & play. I'm still debating if it's worth the US $90+ to get it here. If you ever get a chance can you post a sound clip, whenever you can. I'd really appreciate it.

As for the Watkin's Glen, I've been reading up on their site, it seems they have events I just have to find out how to get started. I'm not even doing any suspension or i/h/e mods for a while. I'd just like to be able to wot the GE8 on a track and enjoy the handling. Can't be doing that on public streets. And it's after reading some of your posts, and JCrimson's tracking posts that really made me think more serious of it. Ofcourse tracking will be rare, but I'd like to take it out every so often. And when I do take it out, I will definitely post about it.
Just buy a set of Hella Supertones!, loud as heck and cheap...call it a day

Old 09-30-2011, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Just buy a set of Hella Supertones!, loud as heck and cheap...call it a day
thats what I have. good stuff. funny too haha

Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Long time reader, but first time poster, Chris. I have kept up to date on all of the build threads over the years since before 2004, from Honda-tech to Clubrsx to Ephatch to S2ki and now here. Your builds are really inspiring and the general photography of Japan is much appreciated!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I live about 30mins from Watkins Glen and have been on the track many times. If you get out here in the heart of our wine country, let me know and I'll get some local Ep3 guys together to show you a couple of the fun surrounding roads as well.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MugenReplica
I live about 30mins from Watkins Glen and have been on the track many times. If you get out here in the heart of our wine country, let me know and I'll get some local Ep3 guys together to show you a couple of the fun surrounding roads as well.
Thanks so much. Right now I gotta learn what I need to get started and be able to take it on track. I tried looking at their website, but couldn't find info on getting started unless you belonged to a car club. I need to find out the right direction/steps needed to begin. I have no I/H/E or suspension mods yet, but as I add them one by one so I can track it to see if the mod was worth it. Will definitely want to hook up. Thanks so much. sorry for jacking your thread 555.

back on topic.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Well now I want to see the old build threads for other cars haha

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
haha wasn't too much, old EF9 SiR, EK4 SiR, EG9 SiR, DC5R and AP2. I'm Honda to the bone, my second son bears the name Soichiro as well.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
EF! I miss mine everyday

Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
I miss them all honestly. The 5R the most though, this...
Name:  Okinawa41.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  57.6 KB

with this on it...
Name:  Amusing03.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  56.2 KB

Power House AmuseR1 non-resonated and no canister and everything else done to it was just an incredibly FUN, LOUD!!!! drive.

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress