2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Thanks guys. JC, most definitely I could see that. If I do make my way back stateside, I was thinking of locating to Texas around Austin or San Antonio, but would prefer the Austin area, especially with Circuit of the Americas being laid down.
I call dibs on your front clip if/when you relocate....

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
There are people that swear that a Fit is just an econobox and that is all it will ever be... I'll refer them to this thread JC's and BnD's if I run across one of them.
I don't belong in this esteemed company anymore...maybe when the civic gets completed I can refocus on the Fit. I may just go ballz to the wallz with a custom Rotrex kit.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JCrimson
just think if all 3 of us were local to each other... the world would stand still! BEHOLD THE FIT!
Honestly I think its best you three guys aren't local. The world would most likely implode from so much awesomeness in one area if your three where together.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:50 PM
You might have to go Han-Solo on the CRZ aluminum LCA swap...my Civic build is moving at a snail's pace for the past few months (crosses fingers for K24a2 to be dropped in next week).

I love the Js Racing bumper...this is one of my future goals for the Fit. I'm thinking I will try to source all the "stubby" nose parts from Mexico instead of Japan...Yen > $ > peso.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Good call on the Mexican front, but you need to hurry any further devaluing of the $uck and the peso will be worth more too. hahaha

I think the CR-Z' LCAs have a wider track, which if so, will push the wheels out. Surprised J's hasn't come out with wide fenders for the GE, but with their new BRP project, maybe just maybe they will, though I believe they are using the newer GE8 which has different fenders and headlights.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Wider track could be offset by higher offset wheels up front...but that would be cost prohibitive. Static camber is another alternative if the track is significantly widened by the LCAs.

I really don't like the design overhaul on the new JDM Jazz...for once, the USDM model looks better.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
im so hatin' haaard on the J's bumper!!!

im loving every bit of your build, keep it coming.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
Well took a drive over to Osaka and finally visited J's Racing, they sent me an invite to their Summer Festa. While their on a whim ordered up a little Crux and Tohatsu combo. Won't be till mid-September, my doing as I'm paying it off in 4 chunks. Saved 10% as well, which was very welcomed with the $uck.

Averaged 34mpg over that included more than 2 handfuls of 190+km/h sustained runs. Now stuck in an expressway parking lot and I'm paying $65 to be moving faster, got to love Japan.

Sussy pic courtesy of J'sRacing
Name:  43b61701.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  139.9 KB

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 07-10-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Well took a drive over to Osaka and finally visited J's Racing, they sent me an invite to their Summer Festa. While their on a whim ordered up a little Crux and Tohatsu combo. Won't be till mid-September, my doing as I'm paying it off in 4 chunks. Saved 10% as well, which was very welcomed with the $uck.

Averaged 34mpg over that included more than 2 handfuls of 190+km/h sustained runs. Now stuck in an expressway parking lot and I'm paying $65 to be moving faster, got to love Japan.

Sussy pic courtesy of J'sRacing
I demand a full review! lol that is legit. crux is nice. I almost want to get them for that price.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
It doesn't look like the Js Racing sussy offers any adjustment of caster or camber? I can't see the tophats in the pic above...are there any coilover kits for the GE that offer caster/camber adjustment?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Well the sussy is on as of about 6 hours ago. I just got back home from Osaka and all I can say is...I LOVE MY CAR!!!

Umehara took to the wheel as he knows a great little winding road close to their shop to test the sussy after the install was complete. The car's handling is absolutely amazing. It is very neutral with maybe a slight hint of oversteer. I can only imagine what it would handle like with an actual diff installed. There is no need whatsoever for a rear sway, the car has zero roll, well if it has any I couldn't feel it and with the Honda Access sussy I could and it was a limiting factor out on circuit. On the way back home on the expressway their are some decent radius curves in some parts and I didn't completely lay into it as there were some other cars and the speed limit is only 80km/h, but I was taking them at about 145km/h (87mph) and could have easily done much more, where as most drivers are actually braking through these curves.

I purchased some Axis camber bolts, but didn't even need them as the front mount has adjustable camber to about -3.5 degrees. I have mine set to -2.4degrees and a very small bit of toe out to increase turn-in. I lowered it about 20mm more from the 25mm down that the Honda Access provided. With the roll center adjusters also in place I really couldn't believe it was the same car. I mean I knew it was going to improve, but honestly there is no comparison, it is just that much better. Of course it better be for what I paid. S

I guess next up to bat will have to be a diff and the 4.6 final drive.

The last time I went over they were putting a L15 together for a Fit race car, today I asked Umehara-San about it and he said on the dynapack it put down 165ps. Compression was only uppped to 11.0:1 and the head was slightly cleaned up and of course their reflash and other items of the bolt-on variety.

I don't really have any pics as I didn't bring my camera with me, I did take a couple pics with my phone, but too tired right now to upload, so tomorrow I'll maybe take a few and post if any interest. The car is not slammed to oblivion and it's hellanotflushbuthellafunctional.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 AM
with the $$$ not getting any better... if you have to do it... do it once the right way. good call 555

Originally Posted by JCrimson
I demand a full review! lol that is legit. crux is nice. I almost want to get them for that price.
ohlins has the same offering

Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Crux > *

Nice choice man!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
absolutely incredible FIT!!! i want!!!

the c-pilla bar is pretty cool. mind to disclose what brand and where u got it from?

Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
It's from T1R actually. Price I can't recall off the top of my head. I ordered directly from their site.

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
I managed to sock away a pretty good amount of money I was going to spend on a deal gone bad so I'll be doing more to my shitbox in the coming year... I pretty much have what I need to make a bit more power so suspension, drive train and getting the dings repaired will be about all I feel like I'm going to do... In town a few hours ago I finally met a group of young guys that have seen my car and had heard it was fast so I gave a couple of them a demonstration.. When we were back in the parking lot even more cars showed up after a guy in a strong Mustang and another in an old Eclipse running 14 PSI boost had called them up to come look at my car... There were some really nice cars that would run off and leave me lost in tire smoke whose owners were in awe of what I had under the hood of my filthy little station wagon covered powdered ashes and dust from last week's wild fires... Even guys with souped up turbo diesel trucks had been called and showed up.... I had a good time...

Old 09-11-2011, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a good time Dee.

Well I detailed the exterior completely today, it was in dire need after the multitude of bug carcasses all over the front end and the ton of rain we recently had that just left the Fit looking tan and not Pearl White.

So a few new pics of how it sits.

Name:  9-11_1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  201.8 KB
On my first trip over to J's, I lost the right canard on the expressway, so I ordered another one and J's drilled and bolted it to the bumper instead of just the normal double sided tape. It's not coming off now, but I think I will remove the bumper, get some longer bolts and put some threadlocker on to be a bit more safe.

Name:  9-11_2.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  158.5 KB
Name:  9-11_3.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  174.8 KB
Name:  9-11_4.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  196.3 KB
Name:  9-11_5.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  141.0 KB
Name:  9-11_6.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  185.6 KB

Umehara-San invited me out to Suzuka on Dec 1st, but it will not be the large course, there is a mini-course on the backside that J's is holding a small time attack event. It's a Thursday, guess I will be sick that day.

Also while I was at J's I met 2 Japanese guys (go figure I'm in Japan), the older gentleman (I can't recall his name) was an ex-GT racer and Seiji actually left Japan to go to the US to try to become an Indy racer. It didn't pan out for him, because of a lack of fundage. Turns out he lives just 15min from me so we will meet up for some karting action, he has a 250cc Super Kart that he said I can drive anytime. I don't want to because then I will WANT ONE. haha I will definitely give it a go. There is another mini-circuit over in Chiba, about 35miles away that the older gentleman lives near and he told me to come out and to also come up to events he holds up at Sugo in Sendai.

That's all for now.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
It sounds like you will be having some big time fun... Your car looks amazing..

Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 AM
@ 555, Nice one dude

Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Looking sweet on J's front. is that a new paint job??? I'm seeing "pearl" on some of the shots.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
It's not new, but today I gave it a good cleaning. The RS in white only comes in Premium White Pearl.

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress