2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenmei
whoa whoa whoa lets not make this thread take a turn for the worst. i was only being sarcastic, not trying to argue with anyone here. it was only a joke and i apologize if i hit a nerve.

not that i take side with or against you, now's not really the time for this kind of thing either.

Sorry 555, didn't mean for this to happen in your thread.
My apologies! REALLY bad timing involved here. I had just gotten into an extremely heated discussion with someone hours before I saw your post, about the very same thing I thought you were insinuating in your reply. Or maybe my heated discussion caused me to take your post out of context or miss your sarcasm, or whatever.

America has it's share of problems, and isn't as completely clean as the wind driven snow, we've made our share of mistakes like anyone else. Yet, we've been there for more than one nation, including Japan, time and time again... and I get tired of some of those same people completely trashing us whenever they don't need anything from us. Sorry, I little sensitive these days about my country. I don't think we're better than the next "free" nation in the world, but we're not ay worse either.

Anyway, again, my apologies for the misunderstanding, or whatever occurred here. And you're probably correct that this forum may not be the proper place for such discussions.

Hey, if I misunderstood your intent, my bad!

If I didn't misunderstand your intent, well, then $cr3w you! (only kidding )

Anyway, truce!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Good to see you're still safe 555, I can't imagine what it must be like over there right now, especially with the threat of nuclear meltdown still imminent. I hope things only get better in Japan.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Good to see you're still safe 555, I can't imagine what it must be like over there right now, especially with the threat of nuclear meltdown still imminent. I hope things only get better in Japan.
Lol... I don't think a "nuclear meltdown" is any where near "imminent." The flippin' news media has to make everything that happens sound as bad as they can possibly make it sound. You ever notice how little of the "doom and gloom -- total annihilation and complete human-induced genocide" the media sensationalizes about actually happens, compared to the amount of times they actually say "it's possible"?

Good thing self-fulfilling prophecies don't happen every time the media makes yet another incident sound like it's the sure-fire end of the world as we know it scenario they try and portray.[/i] Good thing too... the whole of mankind would dead by now!

I would be HUGELY surprised if any hopelessly serious, life-threatening meltdown occurs from this plant. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think those 50+ nuke scientists and workers would be hanging around that installation if they seriously thought some kind of Chernobyl-style disaster were "imminent." But I couldn't be wrong.

I'm much more worried and concerned about the poor Japanese people who no longer have homes, food, electricity, etc., and are suffering from unfathomable personal fear, anxiety and meltdown over the loss of family, friends and pets. Those are all crippling, sure and definite circumstances for many over there right now. Some parts of Japan actually look like a war zone.

Sad... and I feel frustratingly helpless to do anything of any benefit for them except the funds I'm trying to send through various agencies. Somehow, sending funds doesn't seem quite good enough sometimes. Although, I guess money will purchase a lot of good things for those in need... let's hope so!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
What's been bad is the temperature drops, about 8~10 lower than normal right now. That just compounds the situation when those in the north (close to 500,000) are in shelters with little to no food and electricity. Hard to just evacuate them further south as well because the roads in and out are somewhat devastated. Very trying time for Japan as a whole right now and the outpouring from the world, BAR THE DAMN MEDIA outlets, is outstanding. I have no fear about the nuke plant, I'm 180miles southwest of it and I just see no reason to go into some sort of panic mode and stress myself out over something I have no control. Try and take what you see on the news and scale it back tenfold if not more. I'll keep updating what I can, but in my area things are pretty much normal except for the rolling blackouts and increased traffic which already was hell, but compound that with less train activity and 1~2mile long lines for gasoline on roads wide enough for 2.5 cars, my stress is already high because traffic just gets me boiling. hahahaha WOOOOOSAAAAHHHHH

Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
This has been installed for going on 2 months or so I guess.

Name:  TFintake1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  289.2 KB
Name:  TFintake2.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  282.9 KB
Name:  TFintake3.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  286.5 KB
Name:  TFintake4.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  266.6 KB

It replaced the PRM. It does feel like there is a bit more ooommph in pretty much the whole rev range, but it still is nothing drastic. Won't comment on the sound of it because honestly I can't here it nor could I hear the PRM with the full J's exhaust. Which I need to pick up their silencer because I'm pretty sure I am over 100dB and the event on the 22nd the circuit has a noise limitation of 100dB. Need to order that from J's now and hope it arrives in time, or see if Umehara-San can bring it to the event on the 14th.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't believe intakes do anything for our cars except drop the MPG. The ECU is just too damn good at adjusting the AFR to eliminate any minuscule gains. The only time I notice any effect is after the battery has been disconnected and the ECU is reset...but that only lasts for a day or two.

Speaking of battery, when are you going to replace that heavy battery for something lighter?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

It replaced the PRM. It does feel like there is a bit more ooommph in pretty much the whole rev range, but it still is nothing drastic. Won't comment on the sound of it because honestly I can't here it nor could I hear the PRM with the full J's exhaust. Which I need to pick up their silencer because I'm pretty sure I am over 100dB and the event on the 22nd the circuit has a noise limitation of 100dB. Need to order that from J's now and hope it arrives in time, or see if Umehara-San can bring it to the event on the 14th.
You can't hear it but you need a silencer

Old 05-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
You can't hear it but you need a silencer
I believe he means he can't hear the intake b/c the exhaust is too loud...with a quieter exhaust (like the DIY axle back mod) the SRI magnifies the exhaust note.

(BTW, probably not necessary to quote all those pics just to ask that question)

@555sexaddict,
Your engine bay dress up turned out great...I like the red hoses. I know staff@WR was doing something similar in white.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Remember my ECU has been flashed by J's. The car's behavior has not changed since the flash as far as I can feel and my FE has been right about 29mpg which I think is fantastic considering my heavy foot and the traffic in this area.

The silencer I need to pick up only because Mihama Circuit has a noise restriction of 100dB, I'm pretty sure I am over that level and I don't want to be black-flagged and just throw away $175.

Thanks Makita, but the rest of the bay looks...USED!!! I don't really get into cleaning up under the bonnet as the car is never on display. I only went with red with the Samco hoses because it's my favorite color. haha

Old 05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member

555 - I love that Top Fuel intake; looks great. How has the J's exhaust held up on the street? Any issues with the welds? What a great sounding system.

Remember my ECU has been flashed by J's. The car's behavior has not changed since the flash as far as I can feel and my FE has been right about 29mpg which I think is fantastic considering my heavy foot and the traffic in this area.
Is that J's ECU reflash only for the JDM versions of the GE8 or do they reflash USDM ECU's as well? Thanks.

Last edited by XJP5; 05-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by XJP5
555 - I love that Top Fuel intake; looks great. How has the J's exhaust held up on the street? Any issues with the welds? What a great sounding system.

Is that J's ECU reflash only for the JDM versions of the GE8 or do they reflash USDM ECU's as well? Thanks.
There are multiple reflash ECU options available...no one has dove in the deep end yet though.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ilities-7.html

Old 05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
There are multiple reflash ECU options available...no one has dove in the deep end yet though.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ilities-7.html
I wasn't aware of this. Subscribed, thanks BnD.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XJP5

The J's exhaust, no problems whatsoever. This is my 2nd J's, I had the 70RS dual on my AP2 in Guam and it as well had no issues with the welds. I want to believe many of the issues people were seeing in the North America was due to the fake shit being sold as legit. Granted, Ti is prone to cracking, so people have the misconception that because it costs more than SS that it should last longer, it is a very PAY TO PLAY material which has a very distinct sound. My AmuseR1 that I had on my DC5R cracked twice at the main weld to the exmani (this turned out to be because Honda supplied weak ass engine mounts and my front was broken and I didn't even know till I replaced).

As far as the reflash, well whoever the J's supplier is in NA, I would contact them. I know J's has flashed quite a few GEs in Thailand and I believe in Indonesia as well. They have like 6 different programs depending on what you have done. How different the 2 ECUs (JDM-USDM) are inside is known by Honda.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I called and spoke with (one of?) the NA Js Racing distributor last year....they were unwilling to sell me a Js reflashed ECU b/c they could not verify it would work with the USDM Fit.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
I haven't forgotten our dealie yo...hopefully the civic will get finished by June or July and I can concentrate on the Fit. I'll get the big stuff through Mexico, I just need you to help me with the details...

Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
damm chris! car is looking fresh! ive been slacking since last year...think imma pick up the pace in the next few weeks

Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you. Will look so much better once the Type S front end is on it. And I'm hoping it will help out aerodynamically and not just a look piece when out on track. At least with the built in front lower covering it should help with some reduction of lift at speed...wait what speed? hahaha

I was going to pick up some Type F's in white strictly for circuit mated with A050s, special from one shop here who orders directly from SSR, but decided to pass for now. And if not those then most likely CE28s and A050s. Also looking at sussy, Cusco has just released their CompZero-3X and also they have released this bolt in cage. Many configs and for both 4 and 2 seat setups. I know some people knock Cusco and Safety21 for their bolt-in setup, but I have a friend who is alive today only because his cage and bucket seat saved him. Some stupid female decided that the red light (here in Japan the green doesn't turn green till the red has been red for 3 seconds) means HAUL ASS even more and completely t-boned him. The whole driver's side of the car was mashed in pretty well, but if not for the cage, as I said he wouldn't be here today.

Just received an email from Yagi-San of J's, Umehara-San will bring a silencer with him to Saturday's event at Honjou Circuit, so that means I should be OK for the event on the 22nd at Mihama Circuit, HOPEFULLY!!!

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 05-11-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM
love what you did on the intake... it does soak pretty good when idling.

Cusco has just released their CompZero-3X and also they have released this bolt in cage. Many configs and for both 4 and 2 seat setups.
known of this just last week and I should have mine (hopefully as Cusco said) in two months... 6 pt. chromoly.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Nice. How much were you able to pick it up for? PM if you don't want to put it out in the public. When I do pick one up, definitely will be the 8pt and if they make more points by that time, then I will go with more. Did you go for the 2 or 4 seat setup?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
PM sent.

I was supposed to just go with 5pt. with but that configured it as a 2 seated. I still want to keep the option of installing/using the rear seat if I needed to. 6pt gives me that option, to run the cage with or without rear seats and accept add-on bars if I want to remove the rears and install optional bar/s.

I do think they make it ip to 12pt for the ge8 but I'll double check on that.

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress