3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
I have a weird feeling that there has been some kind of early recall on these. In specific, the automatics. I called a couple dealerships that actually seem surprised they did not arrive yet.

#Suspicion

BTW: Just got another call after posting this from another dealership. They actually have a Base model automatic CVT (Union Park Honda in Wilmington, DE). It's there but you can't drive it. It is a 'training' model for the mechanics. I would've went there to take some pics but I'm working from 5am to 5pm and the trainer that has the car is only there until 3pm. So....if someone wanted to stop there and take some interior/exterior pics, etc, feel free to do so.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 05-07-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I have a weird feeling that there has been some kind of early recall on these. In specific, the automatics. I called a couple dealerships that actually seem surprised they did not arrive yet.

#Suspicion

BTW: Just got another call after posting this from another dealership. They actually have a Base model automatic CVT (Union Park Honda in Wilmington, DE). It's there but you can't drive it. It is a 'training' model for the mechanics. I would've went there to take some pics but I'm working from 5am to 5pm and the trainer that has the car is only there until 3pm. So....if someone wanted to stop there and take some interior/exterior pics, etc, feel free to do so.
This comes to mind: Recall: 57 000 more Honda Fit models for stability control - MSN Autos

I'm just wondering what problems the 2015 fit will have, aside from possible CVT issues.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 PM
This is my third purchase of a brand new redesigned Honda, 2009 Pilot and 2013 Accord, and I haven't had any issues. The CVT on the Accord is just fine, not worried at all. I really like having the new models that aren't all over the place for a year or so.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
The rumor is they did to correct the mpg ratings on Monronry stickers. Just what does that mean?

Old 05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
The Monroney labels are the factory installed price sticker on every new car sold in the USA.

A Federal requirement for decades. It has been updated over the years and now includes information about the factory installed options, where the car was built and what the EPA Fuel Economy ratings for that specific version vehicle are.

If Honda discovered that the wrong fuel economy numbers were getting put on cars, they would want to fix it before they got into dealers' hands. The port-of-entry would be the best place to correct it. Yesterday, American Honda said all cars were at the ports.

The fuel economy numbers/ratings will be different between the MT and CVT cars, but may also differ between the CVT equipped EX and EX-L and EX-L-Navi versions, due to the added features. It may also differ between the LX and EX CVT cars, since the LX won't have the paddle shifters.

The Monroney labels are probably applied at the factory in Mexico, not the port-of-entry, and stay on the car until it is sold at a dealership.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
This goes along with what I was told by the dealer that they had received a few Fit's in stock a week or two ago and then Honda came and picked them back up. They may have printed the 41 HWY mileage on the EX and above by mistake instead of 38. If it was a defect why wouldn't they just have the dealer correct it.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cckid
The Monroney labels are the factory installed price sticker on every new car sold in the USA.

A Federal requirement for decades. It has been updated over the years and now includes information about the factory installed options, where the car was built and what the EPA Fuel Economy ratings for that specific version vehicle are.

If Honda discovered that the wrong fuel economy numbers were getting put on cars, they would want to fix it before they got into dealers' hands. The port-of-entry would be the best place to correct it. Yesterday, American Honda said all cars were at the ports.

The fuel economy numbers/ratings will be different between the MT and CVT cars, but may also differ between the CVT equipped EX and EX-L and EX-L-Navi versions, due to the added features. It may also differ between the LX and EX CVT cars, since the LX won't have the paddle shifters.

The Monroney labels are probably applied at the factory in Mexico, not the port-of-entry, and stay on the car until it is sold at a dealership.
You miss the point. If a correction occurs, all cars off the assembly line and not yet sold must have the Maroney replaced. Some will be replaced at the port and some at dealers. Those at dealers may not be sold until the corrected Maroney sheet is received and put on windows in place of the superceded one. Since It takes time to print new Maroneys there will be a peiod where cars are at dealers or in port yards that cannot be sold.
Honda could ship them to dealers with the proviso that they cannot be sold until the newMaroney is affixed,The penalties are severe.
Its not a question of what the Maroney is. It could also be simply a misprint considering that the Mexico plant is just starting up; according to AN they've only produced 6600 cars to last week so yes the pipeline isn't full yet.
And on current Fits the automatic wins highway mpg hands down simply because of gearing but then of course loses on acceleration.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Lynnwood Honda will have them next week?

Just received an email from Lynnwood Honda that they should have them next week. Hope this holds true.

Her email:
Dear Ryan,

A quick update regarding the 2015 Honda FIT.

We have a training on MONDAY to learn all about the new FIT. We should start receiving our first shipment early next week, directly following the training.

I will contact you again as soon as they are here and available for a test drive.

If you have ANY questions between now and then, please contact me directly either by email or phone: 425

Thank you and talk soon!

Kind Regards,

Beth Daniels
Internet Sales Manager/ COSTCO ADMINISTRATOR

Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
Just received an email from Lynnwood Honda that they should have them next week. Hope this holds true.

Her email:
Dear Ryan,

We have a training on MONDAY to learn all about the new FIT. We should start receiving our first shipment early next week, directly following the training.

I will contact you again as soon as they are here and available for a test drive.

If you have ANY questions between now and then, please contact me directly either by email or phone: 425

Thank you and talk soon!

Kind Regards,

Beth Daniels

here's my question:
if you put the front seats in their rear position can a six footer sit easily in the back seat? Its the one fault that Fit had becausee it prevented families from buying one.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
here's my question:
if you put the front seats in their rear position can a six footer sit easily in the back seat? Its the one fault that Fit had becausee it prevented families from buying one.
There's no way to know if YOU will like it until you try it. People assume it's small and shy away. The problem there is they don't even bother to try. I can fit 4 tall people in my '07. I can't vouch for any new generations. With comparing the seat room on the 20th to say... A Chevy Tahoe back seat, spec wise the 2015 fit had very similar room!

Those are of course just numbers. Applied however I can confirm that my '07 can fit comfortably 4 large people.

As for my 2015 fit I had ordered, I just keep hoping it comes in this weekend.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm 6'2" and I can set behind my adjusted driver's seat and not touch my knees to the seat. Contrast that to the Fiesta I tried that left about 2" from seatback to rear seat cushion once I adjusted it. It's a whole different ballgame.

I had a rear-facing baby seat in mine just last week, with me driving.

If the new one is even bigger back there, it'll meet just about anyone's needs.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by ADVphotography

Her email:
Dear Ryan,

Thank you and talk soon!

Kind Regards,

Beth Daniels
My Dealer had their training today and hope for a few next week, no firm date

Old 05-11-2014, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
I have been going to different honda dealers webs sites in hopes of getting information about when the new fit is coming out. I want to purchase one as soon as they arrive. When dealers have instant messaging I would ask them when the fit is coming out. Most don't know and say they will have someone get back to me. A few have said next week or anytime now but that is about the best response I could get. Dealers are starting to show the cars on their websites even though they don't have them yet. For example Herb Chambers honda of Seekonk Mass shows eighteen fits on their site. However a few dealers are still saying they won't be coming until the end of the year.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
My big thing is that Honda.com doesn't show the Fit page even updated to do a "build your own" for the 2015's. :-\

Old 05-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
here's my question:
It's a small car. The other cars in it's class have less cargo room and even less rear anything room. You can't beat physics there's only so much room you can have in such a small car without taking away from everything else (thin doors, thin seats, thin roof, etc).

The problem with a lot of buyers these days is that they'll say "I like this car but I wish it were bigger" instead of considering the next larger size vehicles like the Civic or Accord.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
I agree that if Honda is not letting you see and build the new model then that is not usually a good sign that the car is coming out in the next few days. However I was also watching for the twenty fourteen mazda three to come out and noticed that my local dealer got that car on the lot about a week before Mazda put it on their website to view and build. I did not buy the Mazda three because the owners reviews had a lot of complaints that the gas mileage of forty mpg was very optimistic.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by warrsega
..not usually a good sign ..........
Not a good sign, maybe in Florida.

A FF member (Emirii) from Texas is expecting delivery of his 2015 FIT this coming week. He got RED!!!

In my area, 2 dealers have them on their lots. FF member (ColinS) has done a test drive with a pretty detailed review.

Mfgs. know that there are still dealers with significant 2013 inventory and IMO, that's the real reason why the roll-out is longer than expected in some states more than others.

As for not buying the Mazda 3, on price alone, decently equipped like a 2015 LX would be at least $2k more. Sporty performance and looks but one has to pay for it in price and future depreciation. Plus JD Power doesn't have it rated as high as either Toyota or Honda in terms of reliability nor ownership satisfaction. Besides, it ain't no sub-compact to begin with.

Your doing the right thing if MPG and initial capital outlay are your main concerns. Gotta be a FIT!!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
That's right Rotboy good gas mileage and capital outlay are the two most important things for me because I drive an hour to work each day as a lot of people do now. Just been spending too much lately on petrol with a 2011 kia soul which only gets 27-29 mpg's on the highway. Interesting that out in Hawaii dealers are getting them. I would have thought Texas or someplace close to the border might be first. Maybe they are all going by ship. Thanks for the info about ColinS. I will look for his post.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warrsega
I agree that if Honda is not letting you see and build the new model then that is not usually a good sign that the car is coming out in the next few days. However I was also watching for the twenty fourteen mazda three to come out and noticed that my local dealer got that car on the lot about a week before Mazda put it on their website to view and build. I did not buy the Mazda three because the owners reviews had a lot of complaints that the gas mileage of forty mpg was very optimistic.
I agree that something is definately not right. Today marks 4 weeks from the official release date of the 2015 Fit. Back on April 9, everything looked in place. The media embargo was lifted, dozens of articles populated the internet and national news outlets. More than 4000 new Fits had been produced by the factory and some dealers had a demo car show up on their lots in preparation for the release. Then, many dealers reported that Honda took back the demo cars they had previously received and Honda changed the official release to read, "late April."

Now, two weeks into May, there is still uncertainty about when the cars will arrive on dealers lots.

Here is what is fact:
The new Celaya, Mexico Honda plant started production on February 21 and thus far has produced approximately 7500, 2015 Honda Fits. All of these cars are CVTs. Most are EX and EX-L and a very limited number of LX cars have been made. They are mostly Black and Silver, with lots of Red and dark Grey cars made. Only a very few Agean Blue cars and no White, Yellow and Blackberry pearl cars have been made. No regular production line manual transmission cars have been made yet.

245 Of the approximately 1000 US Honda dealers show a total of 940 2015 Fits in their online inventories, yet most have yet to recieve any cars.

Approximately 3300 2013 Honda Fits remain unsold in the inventories of approximately 650 Dealers. They are presently selling at a rate of 117 cars per day, representing a 28 day supply.

Why the 2015 Honda Fit is not yet being delivered is still a mystery. Some speculation has been that the window stickers showed the wrong fuel economy. I think this has very little chance of being the reason. Another possibility is American Honda is holding them back until the 2013s are all sold. This seemed logical a few weeks ago when there was a 50 day supply. But at this point, Honda is definately losing sales, since at least a third of Honda Dealers have no Fits at all.

It does concern me that there may be some quality issues that have proven difficult to correct. Unfortunately, we will not get a straight answer from most dealers, as they probably haven't been told and would prefer to try to sell you something they do have, rather than tell you about when they will get what you want.

Honda has clearly failed in their initial marketing launch of the new Fit. They would not do this without good reason. Hopefully, all will be right in the end. But the wait is killing me. And since my order is for a manual transmission car, my wait will probably be quite a bit longer.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
Honda has clearly failed in their initial marketing launch of the new Fit. They would not do this without good reason. Hopefully, all will be right in the end. But the wait is killing me. And since my order is for a manual transmission car, my wait will probably be quite a bit longer.
That's a great analysis.
What could be the worst case scenario? How about a major flaw with the direct injection revealed? E.g. cylinder heads crack or the engine delivers misfire after 2 hours of use (all due to problem with production equipment of a new factory).

Another poor possibility is something relating to danger that became obvious (e.g. a catastrophic failure of the electric steering, or the overheating of the led display and its getting on fire).

Drug cartels seized the factory and all of its inventories?
Drugs were found to be packed into airbags and cars are sitting at the border being "operated" on to remove meth and heroine?

Quick Reply: Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?