3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?

I bought one today and the dealer indicated that the launch was pushed back. Press releases had said second half of April. The dealer had been delivered a couple and then Honda took them back about a week later. They will be in stock in the middle of May. I signed all the paperwork and have the VIN of my car so I hope that's true. The dealer currently has my 2009 Honda Pilot and I am driving one of their 2013 Civic Hybrids.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats! Any reason given why Honda would take the cars back? I called Honda Canada again.. they're clueless.. "summer" was the word.. I told him summer is 3 months long, when in summer... "watch our website"... ok, thanks for nothing.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
No but I suspect there was a last minute defect they wanted to fix before they went on sale, if so then I totally agree with waiting.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs... not much else to do when it comes to the 15' Ex..

Old 05-04-2014, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Hello. First post! Lol

I just signed the paperwork on mine. I got the Milano red 2015 EX Fit. The Estimated Arrival Date Is 5/11.

What was interesting was when I was still making my decision to pre order the sales man said that a train had derailed and that it "may" be delayed. He also made a comment about "isn't that crazy?". To clarify, this was when he was double checking with his manager if the car would in fact be coming in before offering it to us for preorder.

I still went through with the deal, it makes me feel better knowing I have at least some fit out there... whether on a stalled train or not... With my name on it.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
I didn't realize you could pre-order one. I'm about 99% sure I want one without ever even driving one. Guess I'll have to follow suite this Tuesday and get it. I can't stop thinking about this damn car for some reason. Gonna trade in my 2000 BMW 740i for it.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm not worried about not driving it first. My Accord has a CVT and Earth Dreams engine and it's great. Plus anything will have more power than the 2009 Pilot I traded in.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
I wasn't aware of the preorder/reserving either. This was at an AutoNation Dealership. The only reason I think he offered it to me is because they are 99.9% sure the car will be delivered when it's on their arrivals sheet. There's no harm in asking, the sales guy had a vague idea of what I was talking about, but instead of just saying "sometime in summer" he actually did sone legwork for me to find out all the details he could get. Sold himself a car

Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 PM
May I ask if you got it under, at, or over MSRP?

Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by slowxturtle
May I ask if you got it under, at, or over MSRP?
Nevermind. Saw your other post in regards to the details. Well done!

Old 05-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I didn't realize you could pre-order one. I'm about 99% sure I want one without ever even driving one. Guess I'll have to follow suite this Tuesday and get it. I can't stop thinking about this damn car for some reason. Gonna trade in my 2000 BMW 740i for it.
I came from a '94 BMW 740il when I bought my '12 Fit and have no regrets and have saved 50% in gas cost alone. I certainly know about getting hooked on the Fit as 2 years later I still love it as much as the day I bought it. Good luck with your purchase on a 2015!

Old 05-04-2014, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
I came from a '94 BMW 740il when I bought my '12 Fit and have no regrets and have saved 50% in gas cost alone. I certainly know about getting hooked on the Fit as 2 years later I still love it as much as the day I bought it. Good luck with your purchase on a 2015!
Thanks GTRPLYR! The gas, the high maintenance cost (which I have not encountered yet), and reliability are my concerns with the BMW 740i now. It runs perfect but I don't want any of the headaches the guys at the forums (Like Bimmerforums) experienced. BTW: If you were on that forum, I am Myxalplyx there. I only posted up a couple dyno runs there but not much more.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Thanks GTRPLYR! The gas, the high maintenance cost (which I have not encountered yet), and reliability are my concerns with the BMW 740i now. It runs perfect but I don't want any of the headaches the guys at the forums (Like Bimmerforums) experienced. BTW: If you were on that forum, I am Myxalplyx there. I only posted up a couple dyno runs there but not much more.
No never signed up to the Bimmerforums but did read it for info, like where to find the freakin battery and remove the backseat.

I should have got out of the BMW sooner but I thought it was worth investing in, but after 7K of repair costs over 3 years plus the high fuel costs I figured I'd rather have a reliable, fuel efficient car even if it meant having a car payment.

Speaking of maintenance ask the Honda salesman if they can throw in the first maintenance service for free which is something that mine did helped the pocket book a little.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Emirii
...What was interesting was when I was still making my decision to pre order the sales man said that a train had derailed and that it "may" be delayed...
The salesman I am working with also mentioned that there were "transportation issues". I guess I now know what that meant.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by TLIMS
The salesman I am working with also mentioned that there were "transportation issues". I guess I now know what that meant.
Were they recalled due to defects or something? I remember reading in another forum (I can't recall which one... just stumbled upon it while googling more info on the new fit), and they said that there may be some defects which will cause a delay in the release date.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Ha, well I got the thing ordered, but now getting insurance quotes for it is proving to be difficult!

I've gotten only two online quotes and they seem outrageous. The other main competitors don't even list the Fit on there. My current insurance has been pretty uncooperative with giving me an accurate quote as well.

I hope it resolves in the next few weeks as they start to come in...

Old 05-06-2014, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
I went and spoke to my local dealership and they can get one ordered for me, $500 deposit.

The sales manager, whom does the ordering, let me know they do have at least one EX and one LX on the way, but the EX is silver - he was 99% sure one was a manual though. I left them my contact so I can test drive one when they get in. They aren't doing another order for another 2-3 weeks though.

He also gave me their internal training brochure about the new Fit - complete with the darn RS image inside taunting me like nobodies business.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
I've passed a black 2015 Fit in 710 fwy in Los Angeles almost a month ago.
They are out here.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
I've passed a black 2015 Fit in 710 fwy in Los Angeles almost a month ago.
They are out here.
How did it look in person?

Old 05-07-2014, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
I hope it wasn't just one of those tester reviewers. In Los Angeles, I'm inclined to assume that was the case. I would think they would show up in Texas a little sooner.

Quick Reply: Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?