3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
Before

Here's it is after
Great pix Darkshowdo, your before-and-after really brings out the stylish appearance enhancement. We don't have a lot of overexposure to sun in Ga, and my navigator and I enjoy scenic rides in the mountains, so we probably will stick with the clearest view possible, but you have a great look there with the tint.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Being in FL i defiantly need tint.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Took mine in for an exterior detail today - slightly disappointed that the detailer found a patch of blotchy clear coat on the roof that I hadn't noticed before, but oh well. Love how shiny and clean the car is!

Name:  6yR3pxvl.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  53.5 KB

After that got home and swapped out the cargo light for an LED - this turned out to be much easier than I expected, and I'm loving how much brighter it is.

Name:  utk4a23l.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  37.9 KB

And tomorrow the WeatherTech cargo tray is set to be delivered.

Last edited by cranraspberry; 02-20-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by cranraspberry
Took mine in for an exterior detail today - slightly disappointed that the detailer found a patch of blotchy clear coat on the roof that I hadn't noticed before, but oh well. Love how shiny and clean the car is!

After that got home and swapped out the cargo light for an LED - this turned out to be much easier than I expected, and I'm loving how much brighter it is.

And tomorrow the WeatherTech cargo tray is set to be delivered.
My '08 was silver, which I like, but I have never seen it look more impressive than after your detailer's touch.

Last edited by Fitster C.; 02-20-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
My '08 was silver, which I like, but I have never seen it look more impressive than after your detailer's touch.
Thank you! He did a really great job, and on top of that was super nice and didn't seem annoyed by my watching the process and asking ten thousand questions. Can't wait to go back!

Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Thank you! He did a really great job, and on top of that was super nice and didn't seem annoyed by my watching the process and asking ten thousand questions. Can't wait to go back!
Hope this doesn't sound cheezey cranraspberry, but would you mind sharing the price-range of a detailer who comes across as the Good Guy?

Old 02-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Drove my Fit solo today, in a drizzle, just to sort some stuff out and love that ride.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Hope this doesn't sound cheezey cranraspberry, but would you mind sharing the price-range of a detailer who comes across as the Good Guy?
Oh no problem! I was pricing it out, and the going rate for a hand wash and wax is around $70-110 in our area, and his pricing was right in the middle of that range. It also included a longer lasting sealant vs carnauba wax, and several other places wanted to charge extra for sealant, so overall not outrageously priced at all.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Oh no problem! I was pricing it out, and the going rate for a hand wash and wax is around $70-110 in our area, and his pricing was right in the middle of that range. It also included a longer lasting sealant vs carnauba wax, and several other places wanted to charge extra for sealant, so overall not outrageously priced at all.
I guess I've never really priced that out before, I didn't realize how expensive it was to have it professionally detailed. Now if they could apply something that permanently repels road salt, I'd be in.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
They have various coatings like Opti-Coat and Ceramic Pro that last a while, but that's like $500... If you have a driveway and some patience you could definitely do it yourself! A lot of people actually really enjoy DIY detailing, since it has a meditative quality to it. We live in a condo, so there's nowhere to even rinse the car off, let alone detail it, and I have no choice but to support local small businesses.

On a side note, the sealant lasts 4-6 months, so you don't have to repeat it too often.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:18 AM
We also live in a condo, but fortunately we have a garage and a driveway. Maybe when it starts to warm up I'll look into something like that. $500 for a wax coating, it'd better be 24k gold.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Window tint - Air Blue 80 all around except windshield.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
[IMG] by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]Untitled by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG]

Great car cover when parking under trees or telephone lines. Super fast and easy to take on and off. Cheap DIY antenna cap from Lowes for $.80. Without antenna haven't notice much drop in signal with FM AM stations. I am mostly on Bluetooth though.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Custom fit windshield sunshade. Gotta have these in Florida.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Spacecoast Tardis
Custom fit windshield sunshade. Gotta have these in Florida.
Would like to see; photo op?

Old 02-25-2015, 06:47 PM

Sort of figured out how to post pictures. Now need to learn how to take them.

Last edited by Spacecoast Tardis; 02-25-2015 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Figuring out how to post picture
Old 02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Spacecoast Tardis

Sort of figured out how to post pictures. Now need to learn how to take them.
Ah, gotcha; I thought you had a custom-fit windshield shade that somehow resembled exterior side-window shades (big eyebrow??). Yes, I can see how these (as I have used in Ga) will make Florida sunshine seem a bit more cooperative.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Installed the LED interior lights. I got these because they seemed popular here, but wasn't really expecting a lot from them. Pleasantly suprised - I am glad I installed them, I like the whiter light. I was also able to figure out how to get the map light / sunroof switch roof console out (there are screws under the light lenses) so that I can wire in the power for the self-dimming, Homelink rear view mirror - Saturday's project. May have to include radar detector wiring while I am at it.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Bought it and parked it in the driveway!

And scheduled an appointment to get the darkest tint legally permissible..

Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for LED interior lights? There's a lot of options on Amazon, and I'm not sure which one to get.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?