3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Quality Issues with new Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Sure makes me feel better about my month old '13 Base TW Auto.
I have been driving a '08 Chysler Town and County that had 126,000 one owner miles no problems.
The van is a pretty nice vehicle with fake would grain and leather on the wheel. I tell this because the feel of the materials in the Fit bothered me at first, but it's such a great little car. I've put in the Weather Tech mats and had the windows tinted-people look at it all the time. It's a cheap little car and I feel so superior to people in $60,000 rides.
Quality control at any new facility is going to be an issue.
Maybe should trade your '15 for a '13 and get happy.

Last edited by goConcrcete; 07-23-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Overpricing on '15 Fits by our friendly Oahu dealers!!!!!

lol. Sadly, I don't think there's any way around that what with everything costing more here in general. It doesn't help that the car is pretty popular here on the Island.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Santiad
as with all things these days....being an early adopter is cool, but you put yourself at risk of defects and quality issues while kinks are being worked out....

I love my 09....thing has been a blast to own and hope to keep it to 220k (at 120 now). That said, my next car will either be a Mazda or Kia (both have slight issues with their offerings) or a Dodge Dart (love the look, hate the reviews and potential quality issues).

I would take a risk and get a VW but the GTI doesnt have the space or flexibility I'll need. Should have purchased it first then a fit to get the VROOM VROOM out of my system.
FYI...Kia does not honor their warranties, and lies about known problems

Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone else notice the Fit has a weak FM antenna? stations come through staticy

also to improve sound quality, i suggest adjusting the EQ to:
Treble (+5 max)
Bass (+3)

Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
What's a "TW Auto"?

Bless you on your minivan...I'd rather have smallpox than a Chrysler, thank you.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
What's a "TW Auto"?

Bless you on your minivan...I'd rather have smallpox than a Chrysler, thank you.
Taffeta White Auto?

Old 07-23-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is considered a quality issue but I went on my 3rd test drive today and I really feel the road noise in this car is excessive.

I don't mind doing some work with some dynamat etc but I really felt that the noise transmission through the floor was extreme. I had a 2006 Scion xA and it was not this loud-- it is possibly only outpaced by our 2013 FR-S in terms of volume.

I am going to try backing my floor mats with two layers of mute-x to see if I can at least cut down some of the transmission into the cabin.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
There were rumors of paint defects, here on FitForum. Rumors that it was the reason for missing the announced release date.
My local dealer (very large SE dealership), who is typically "in the know" about all things American Honda told me the original delay from April to June was due to "electrical issues" that had been discovered after production and transit, which resulted in a "pre-call" of sorts for the originally shipped cars to correct the problem before release to the public. No other information, but based on the source I doubt that they are making the story up.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Armrest Quality Issue

So sorry to hear about the issues with BigVoodoo's new car. I purchased an LX white July 9th and scrutinized it closely. No scratches but darkened grayish discoloration around the FIT badge. I pointed it out to the salesman and they agreed to "deal" with it in a couple weeks when I return. They will need to remove the FIT badge to accomplish this ... am thinking of keeping the badge removed. Ill have them give me the new one and install myself later if I change my mind ... I like the de-badged look.

More importantly I discovered a fabric issue on the armrest when I got home (see pic). I immediately called the salesman and emailed him this picture. They are replacing my armrest. It looks as though the fabric was cut too short ... it is tucked into a "lip" underneath the padded area. In the mean time I used a spoon to press the fabric into the lip so it doesn't look like such an egregious flaw ... I still want it replaced. I just waxed the entire car so got a chance to REALLY look over the paint ... no weird scratches or swirls ... no other issues to report[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by TofuShop

Treble (+5 max)
Bass (+3)
Mine is fine

Old 07-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by TofuShop

Treble (+5 max)
Bass (+3)
No issues with mine either.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Haven't any noticed antenna issues .... also relatively seamless link-up with my iPod .. pretty cool

Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM
No antenna or radio issues. No cosmetic issues to be found on leather interior. So far, so good. Noise level about same as the old 2011 Fit on rough roads but not bad on smooth roads

Old 07-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Honda A/C units are ALWAYS weak. My Fit's A/C was never as cold as my Fiesta's, same goes for the '12 GE 5MT.
Really? My 2006 Civic gets so cold I have to turn it off.

Acter

Old 07-24-2014, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Definitely keep us posted on how the dealer and American Honda responds. Might want to hit them up on Twitter too:
https://twitter.com/Honda

Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Overpricing on '15 Fits by our friendly Oahu dealers!!!!!
Yeah, Rott.
We are a captive audience here with 2 or 3 dealers. They probably have lunch together every day....

Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by acter
Really? My 2006 Civic gets so cold I have to turn it off.

Acter
My Hondas have always had warm A/C.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 PM
So, I came out of class today to drive someone to lunch and had a flat tire. Boo. Guy changing it said he did not see a puncture so could be defective. I had a defective tire on another car a few months back too, what the hell? Will update when I find out if it was defective or not. Technically this isn't a Honda quality issue but thought I would put it in this thread.

Edit: well, looks like something must have been run over. The Bridgestone warranty excludes all road hazards like everyone else's warranty, but Discount Tire said some manufacturers will replace anyway if your car is new but Bridgestone does not care. So here goes $100 for a new tire on my Fit which turns 2 weeks old tomorrow

Last edited by amy_wilhelmina; 07-25-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:43 PM
The stock tires on the fit are pretty much junk...I was debating throwing down the $300 for some LRR tires that are quieter.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
I agree 100%, gm has really screwed all their customers in my opinion. I will never buy another one.
Yep. And there are many more safety defects in the already recalled cars that GM is hiding. Dumped my Solstice for the Fit. Would get rid of the Camaro too, but the kids would kill me. They love Bumble Bee.

Quick Reply: Quality Issues with new Fit