3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Quality Issues with new Fit

Old 08-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Won't happen with this version of TPMS, since the tires all gain and lose pressure together. This version looks for one wheel turning slightly faster than it used to, as compared to the other three.
Lets see this time around GeorgeL. When I got my first warning on a Civic, I looked at the tires and saw no issue, but the amount of air was just a bit off when I used the gauge. I'm going to buy a small air compressor for this Fit and be prepared for this winter, that florida gets once in a while

Old 08-07-2014, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
SR45, I think we're going to have another "polar vortex" winter, too (thank heavens we moved to Dunedin!).

What is this compressor of which you speak? Are they small enough to store in a 2b/2B condo?

Old 08-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
SR45, I think we're going to have another "polar vortex" winter, too (thank heavens we moved to Dunedin!).

What is this compressor of which you speak? Are they small enough to store in a 2b/2B condo?
Portable air compressor to fill up the tires from my driveway instead of driving to a station to do it. $68.00 about from Amazon.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
The front passenger door on my new 2015 fit has the auto up down feature. That feature does not work any more but the window will still open and close normally if I hold the button down the whole time. It just won't do it automatically if I hold the button down for a couple of seconds and then let go. Did I press some button to disable that feature or is it broken and in need of warranty repair?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warrsega
The front passenger door on my new 2015 fit has the auto up down feature. That feature does not work any more but the window will still open and close normally if I hold the button down the whole time. It just won't do it automatically if I hold the button down for a couple of seconds and then let go. Did I press some button to disable that feature or is it broken and in need of warranty repair?
Umm, the passenger window does not have the auto up/down feature, only the driver's door. I'm not sure what gave you the idea that the passenger one did that too. The window controls clearly show that only the driver's one says AUTO.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:51 PM
small frustrations

my new fit was dented (on the roof) during transport so my pick up was delayed for 2 more weeks and when i finally got my car I also found a scratch on B panel. my dealership ordered the part but it has been taking a long time.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, SR45! I still have to get myself up early enough to run into you at breakfast one day!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Well, one more thing...

Yesterday I opened the hatch to put a few things in the back, and thankfully, I have good reflexes. The right hydraulic strut apparently had not been assembled properly, and the head of the strut popped off, slamming the hatch down and just missing my head.

I found the head in the street, screwed it back on to the strut, and reaffixed it properly. During the fall the strut was sandwiched between the hatch and the taillight, nearly cracking the lens.

Be careful, fellow Fit owners. I love the car but fear the quality of the labor.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goldiefish64
my new fit was dented (on the roof) during transport so my pick up was delayed for 2 more weeks
Do I understand you that even after having advance knowledge of the rooof damage, you still allowed the dealer to do a body and paint repair on your roof?

If the answer is yes, then I really have no words that would not offend you, so I won't say them.

This is the kind of work that one settles for ONLY if it's missed during the delivery of the vehicle, especially on a horizontal panel like the roof, hood, or trunk where the sun will beat the heck out of it prematurely.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by badself
This is the kind of work that one settles for ONLY if it's missed during the delivery of the vehicle, especially on a horizontal panel like the roof, hood, or trunk where the sun will beat the heck out of it prematurely.
That's for sure! I'm amazed at how blasé people are about accepting cars with dealer-repaired defects in bodywork. The dealer cannot duplicate the durability of the factory finish even if they make it look cosmetically the same so the defect decreases the value of the car. I'd either reject the car or expect to see a considerable concession in price for the defect, hidden or not.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
I'd either reject the car or expect to see a considerable concession in price for the defect, hidden or not.
If you had to give a deposit for the dealer to get your car and you end-up rejecting the car, would you get the deposit back?

Old 08-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Sorry guys I haven't updated. I got the parts in the mail but havent had time to get it to the dealer.

In the meantime, the passenger side sun visor fell off,
the scrape on the drivers side rear door where it comes into contact with the front door is getting worse, and its starting to scrape the paint off the drivers door too.
and the most annoying thing, that stupid TPMS light keeps triggering.
I checked tire pressure, its correct all the way around. This is the fifth time it's turned on, and only when I have a passenger in the passenger seat. I left it on so I could get Honda to look at it along with everything else. I also left the passenger sun visor off so I could have something else to be angry about so they have compassion on me and my poor defective fit.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
Sorry guys I haven't updated. I got the parts in the mail but havent had time to get it to the dealer.

In the meantime, the passenger side sun visor fell off,
the scrape on the drivers side rear door where it comes into contact with the front door is getting worse, and its starting to scrape the paint off the drivers door too.
and the most annoying thing, that stupid TPMS light keeps triggering.
I checked tire pressure, its correct all the way around. This is the fifth time it's turned on, and only when I have a passenger in the passenger seat. I left it on so I could get Honda to look at it along with everything else. I also left the passenger sun visor off so I could have something else to be angry about so they have compassion on me and my poor defective fit.
Man, you have been saddled with a mass of defects. That is a sad note. I hope they take care of all this and your problems go away completely. Good luck.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by EricMartin
If you had to give a deposit for the dealer to get your car and you end-up rejecting the car, would you get the deposit back?
Yes, if the car was not as advertised. You're supposed to receive a new car, not one that has been damaged and repaired.

However, you make a good point against leaving a deposit. Why give them a leash with with to pressure you?

Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
OMG, my TPMS light went off for no apparent reason too.

Before that the passenger airbag light was illuminated as off despite a 145 lb. passenger but then went off when the dealer couldn't recreate it.

The TPMS light was not reading right either, the tires were fine.

Hope to have no more issues 300 miles in. After 35 years got exactly the car I wanted, Then again, the last car I wanted and got was a Fiat 128 SL in 1972.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Well, I'll throw in some positive feedback here...

My silver EX-L (built 7/14) arrived on Friday. I opted to have the dealer do the ceramic window tint, since it seemed reasonably priced (249) based on what I've seen around town, and has a lifetime warranty.

Overall, I checked the Fit (ha!) and finish on a sunny Saturday morning, and it appeared to be good. The panels seemed properly aligned and there weren't any scratches to be found. The paint had a nice slick finish to it, and appears to be swirl free, though silver is a pretty easy to care for color. The only thing I noticed a bit later (as the car got dirtier) was a few places where there was some residual adhesive on the paint. A quick spritz of some detailer and problem solved.

The interior echoed the characteristics of the exterior -- no scratches or any damage, and everything appears to work properly. I haven't had a chance to test out the power windows since the tint is still curing, but should be safe tomorrow.

Its only been 3 days and about 150 miles but so far I am pleased with the overall feel of my 17,000 dollar car (yes, I have an EX-L and paid more than 17,000 but its not as if the build quality is any higher than it would be in the LX). While things like sun visors falling off would be pretty unpleasant, I think with this car, I feel like I got what I paid for, and then some.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Door alignment?

I noticed, after reading this thread and checking, that the front passenger door on my EXL is sticking out from the side a couple mm and the drivers side door is flush to the side. Is this maybe a weather stripping issue? or a door alignment issue? Has anyone had a fix for this and is it something I should take it in for? I did also notice my drivers side sunshade is very cheaply made and poorly secured and is on the verge of falling off. I might wait until that happens to bring up other issues like the door.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by misscaleah
I noticed, after reading this thread and checking, that the front passenger door on my EXL is sticking out from the side a couple mm and the drivers side door is flush to the side. Is this maybe a weather stripping issue? or a door alignment issue? Has anyone had a fix for this and is it something I should take it in for? I did also notice my drivers side sunshade is very cheaply made and poorly secured and is on the verge of falling off. I might wait until that happens to bring up other issues like the door.
It sounds like a door alignment issue. Weather seal issue would be leaking and greater wind noise in the cabin at speed. I would notify your dealer immediately to rectify that and the sun visor issue rather than waiting.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gunm
It sounds like a door alignment issue. Weather seal issue would be leaking and greater wind noise in the cabin at speed. I would notify your dealer immediately to rectify that and the sun visor issue rather than waiting.
How would this door alignment issue be fixed? I have it as well and figured it would be permanent. It's pretty minor, is it possible to fix?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by 8strung
How would this door alignment issue be fixed? I have it as well and figured it would be permanent. It's pretty minor, is it possible to fix?
Minor for someone who is aware on how to do it. You have door hinges door latch body post that might need to be adjusted. Do it right and the car looks perfect. Do it wrong and you can end up with body panel contact causing body damage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quality Issues with new Fit